“Inconsistent service”

At Fernando's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 138 Restaurants in Leichhardt
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: At Fernandos offers you a wonderful array of high quality Italian dishes. As well as amazing Italian seafood, we offer diners a broad range of traditional Italian cuisine with a modern twist.Our service is relaxed yet professional, warm and friendly. This makes At Fernandos the perfect location for all occasions, from romantic dinners to group functions and parties. We would be honoured to be your host for an evening.
Sydney
“Inconsistent service”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Have been there three times over the past year. Food is OK but nothing special. Pasta portion sizes are consistently on the small side - especially since they differentiate between starter and main course sizes (main is still too small). Service staff rely on memory when orders a taken - and it was clear that there were a few mistakes. My pasta dish was not what was ordered, but I ate it as I couldn't face a long wait for it to be replaced. Service staff were inattentive with different people looking after us. For example, we spilled an oil dish on the table and we had to find staff to ask for help - we were given another (polyester) serviette and nothing else - no checking to see if the oil had been properly mopped up. Made for an uncomfortable dining experience. Notwithstanding, our first time here was great - food and service - a real pleasure. My issue is the inconsistency. There is no point eating here if you want consistent service or food.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank CyclistSydney

“Great functions upstairs!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We celebrated our daughters christening here and it was a fantastic cocktail lunch. Anthony was very professional from the moment we first met with him. Food and service was great. Value for money exceeded all expectations so I would happily recommend this place. Nothing was too hard for them. Thanks guys for a great day!

Sydney, Australia
“Epitome of Customer Service”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The staff were incredibly attentive and generous in this restaurant - having no hesitation to change meal inclusions simply because of our preferences. They were efficient and friendly and even shared a laugh with us at the end of the meal.
The food was simple but delicious and incredibly well priced. I will defiantely be back, probably tomorrow!

• Visited December 2012
Ashfield
“Quick service & good Food”
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We went to this restaurant after a meal. The service was quick and the meals turned up promptly. Quality and presentation of food was good.

“Very disappointing.”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I can't believe this restaurant could be so bad. We dropped in for a quick lunch before going to the movies. I had a chicken toasted sandwich but the cook must have stood back a long way to throw on the chicken. My friend ordered the trio of dips that tasted as if they had come from a supormarket. Her rocket salad was...well, there's not much you can do to a rocket salad.

I ordered a glass of pinot gris but as there wasn't any, the waiter brought me a little bottle of sparkling pinot gris/ chardonnay! No, not the same. My friend asked for a bottle of still mineral water but received sparkling. When she complained, the waiter said, "What've I done wrong now?" and then, "You said Sparkling!"

When the bill arrived, I had been charged $19.90 for the sandwich instead of $11.90 as stated in the menu. By the time this was sorted, we were almost late for the movies. Did I mention the noise from the kitchen and the loud rock/rap music? Now we've got Fernandos out of the way, we'll never have to wonder "I wonder what it's like?" because we won't be going back. We used an Entertainment Book voucher and I have attempted to put a negative review twice on their review page without success, and even had a phone call from the Entertainment Book asking me why i was unhappy. My ratings appear but not the review .....very fishy!

• Visited April 2012