Hotel Colombus
$116
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Villa Cofresi Hotel(Rincon)(Great Value!)
$160
$132
Lazy Parrot Inn(Rincon)(Great Value!)
$74
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
All reviewsmofongoevery morningfreddyoceanbeaches
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Hotel was very remote and off the beaten path. It was dark out when we arrived saturday night around 8 pm. Rooms were cute and clean but sparse. Had dinner at the restaurant. We were only people there. Food was mediocre and took a long time. Had the mofongo which was not the best I've ever had and was overpriced, along with the drinks.
It was kind of odd the owner didn't ask us our name etc. when we used a visa gift card. It seemed owner was preoccupied or maybe because its off season, he decided to take a break from going out of his way for customers as stated in other reviews. Only stayed one night and for there went to Ponce and stayed at the Hilton, which was the same price we paid for the Columbus. I enjoyed the Hilton over Columbus due to location, value, pool, beach and variety of things to do.

Room Tip: We had Oceanside room on 2nd floor, all have sharing balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eyetacs
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Words can in no way express how wonderful Don Freddie and his entire staff truly are. The service, the warmth, the food, the drinks and the complete atmosphere is awesome. I stayed in a breathtaking room with glorious views of the ocean. Don Freddie made me not feel like a guest but more like family. If you are in Aguada and wanting much more than a hotel experience you must stay here!

Don Freddie you will ALWAYS have a home in Texas. Thanks to you.....your brother, Chino and Carrero for making my time filled with great memories and a first class experience.

James Gonzalez

Room Tip: Just ask Don Freddie.....he will always guide you correctly.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I did not stay at the hotel but we went for some drinks and food. I'm Puerto Rican and I tell you this was the best mofongo ever! The plantains and meat were so tasty and the caldo (broth) was delicious!!! I've been to other places around and every dish at hotel Colombus is better than the last!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank vmt318
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am in Aguada with about 20 family members. We are all here on vacation from CT. While here my youngest nephew is celebrating his 18th birthday. I contacted Freddie at the Hotel Colombus and asked if he would cater my nephew's birthday. My nephew wanted potato salad, pasteles, arroz con gandules, and pernil, traditional Puerto Rican foods. The food was delicious, tasty and plentiful. We all had a blast. While here we also visited the lounge for cocktails in the evening and past the evening away singing to karaoke or shooting some pool. My family had a great time. Thank you Freddie for making our vacation extra special.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Denise T
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Nice ocean view, but that was the only good thing about this place. We paid $150, the most we paid in Puerto Rico and the worst hotel. The room smelled bad, we told the owner and he said it was just the rubber mat. We removed the mat and it still smelled bad all night. The air conditioner barely worked, the fridge didn't but it was filthy and we would not have used it anyway. There was a top sheet folded on the bed, weird. We wondered if the fitted sheet had been laundered. We slept on our own towels all night. We couldn't wait to get out of there.

Room Tip: We were in room 4 and it smelled and had a bad air conditioner.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple