“Great not so expensive meals!!”

El Platano Loco Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 89 Restaurants in Aguada
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I was there with a friend an her kids, and it was awesome, its located at the top of the hill on the great town of aguada, personally i have family on that town but never be in this restaurant, weird!...and then for 4 people we have a great blast for 25 to 30 bucks! including the appetizer!, great enviroment, old fashined original art. they have baseball caps!! with name very very cheap too!!!...stronlgy recomended to anyone traveling to the west cause every food plate is MADE OF PLANTAIN!!! thats signature!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

After a 3-hour drive and getting lost in Aguada, you would expect a well kept restaurant. It has lost the grace it once had. The food remains good and original. They added some yuca (cassava) items to their menu. I tried the Yuca Parmesana and it was good. Too bad the place does not feels as clean and as memorable as it was. Not pricey.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

The food is really good and cheap. The only think I didnt like was the cheese that they use for the mofongos. Is really bad quality, so if you will order mofongo, try to select normal mofongo, not with cheese. The service is good.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I love the food, the service and the atmosphere. I use to go once a month but since I relocated to USA, I go every time I visit the Island.

They are down to earth very humble. I did a project about their business when I was in college and they donated the food. Thank you, I’ll never forget that.

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

As plantains happen to be my favorite food, and I also must eat a gluten free diet, this restaurant was well worth the 15 minute trek up the mountain to find. While it was no easy task (we stopped for directions several times, and got very excited when we saw one of the very few marker signs that we were headed in the right direction) it was well worth the trip. We arrived right before sunset which we watched from the restaurant while waiting for our food. The self service counter has pictures of the menu items, some knowledge of Puerto Rican cuisine beforehand would definitely help though. You order your food, have a seat in the well cleaned, simple open air dining area, and wait for the deliciousness you are about to experience. We sampled the fried plantain balls, pizza, and steak sandwich on plantain "bread" with plantain fries and sweet plantains. Be sure to try the plantain flan, you will not be disappointed. I took it to go and my only regret was that I grabbed only one. Price is reasonable and the staff is friendly, so if you don't mind a little adventure (in finding it) be sure not to skip this place.

1  Thank bare_soul