“My go to Cheat Day” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pajo's Restaurant

Pajo's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 73 Restaurants in Port Moody
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast Food, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“My go to Cheat Day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

When you've earned a guiltless cheat day, go here and order anything. The batters are light. The fish is great! The French fries drenched in malt vinegar are terrific!

• Visited July 2013

“Worth the Wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

There's always a line up here but it's worth the wait. They're added more seating so that you can actually sit down and have your meal and not have to fit off the seagulls. The fish and chips are not greasy at all. The portions are healthy. We order the 2 piece and my son and I share it and there's plenty of fish and we still can't finish the fries. You have to get the fresh lemonade to finish off the whole experience.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Surrey, BC
“Bad experience turned good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have been to this place many times in the past and it is usually quite good for fish and chips. I don't think any of those times that I went were at peak times though such as over sunny weekend. In the past the food was always fresh and hot. They give you a paper cone with your fish and chips in it and then the picnic tables have circles cut so you can place it for stability while eating. At any rate... my wife, myself, our three younger kids and my mom decided it would be nice to go down for fish and chips at this place because we hadn't been for ages. It is a very nice atmosphere because the water is close by, there are boats out nearby, there are people fishing off the dock close by, there is an open amphitheater close by that occasionally a performer will get up and play guitar and sing. This particular day we went was awesome because it was hot and sunny out. Couldn't have asked for a better day. I guess everyone else had the same idea. The line up was long. It took about 25 minutes to get our order. When we did finally get it we checked the fried and the fries and onion rings were almost cold. The order was messed up from what we had ordered. They fixed that part up fairly quickly but said that they only had so many friers and could not possibly keep everything timed to be hot at the same time but they did their best. Let's keep in mind that it cost $75 for this order. It was by no means cheap. We took the order and sat down. Everyone complained that the fried were cold and that they tasted kind of chewy which was odd. The same report for the fish. We were so hungry by this time that we ate it but must have complained the whole way through. It honestly tasted like everything may have been cooked before hand and then put back in the deep fryer to get it hot before serving. Even the pops we ordered were crappy. Tasted uncarbonated and there wasn't much ice available from the machine. My wife is the type of person that will actually complain or at least let the manager know that the food or service was not up to par thinking that they would want to know. I usually let them know by leaving no tip, never returning, and then posting the results of the outing here on trip advisor to warn others. She took the bill over to the order window and asked to speak to the manager. We thought it was the older person my mom and I dealt with when we first received the poor order but it was in fact one of the younger girls working there. The entire team of cooks is all quite young. When the manager was told of our experience without hesitation she refunded our money AND also gave us a gift card for a free order of fish and chips for 6 people for the next time. We were amazed by this!!! I know the food in the past was quite good. Perhaps this time around they got caught up with the huge lineups and started short cutting their preparation. By their acknowledgement and the steps they took to rectify the situation they get full stars in my books. We weren't expecting anything back but at the very least would have thought they would give us our money back. In no way expected another dinner on them. That to me is incredible service. Anybody who stands behind their name and product that much is fantastic service. IF YOU FIND THIS REVIEW HELPFUL PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO INDICATE SO.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank bference
Coquitlam, Canada
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Loved the food there the best fish and
chips in the area and the whole
atmosphere is delightful there.

Visited June 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Does it live up to the hype?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I finally made it to Pajo's today, and after hearing so many of my friends rave about it for so long, I thought there was no way it could live up to the hype. I had the small fish & chips. Is it the best fish & chips I've ever had? No . . . but it's definitely in the top 5!

All fish & chips come with tartar sauce and as many lemon wedges as you want. They provide both white and malt vinegar, which is nice. The prices are higher than what you might expect in a beachside concession stand, but it's about par for the course in Vancouver. Pajo's has their entire menu with prices on their website, if you want to see it beforehand: http://www.pajos.com/menu/ What I also liked about the menu is that it has non-fish offerings and a decent variety of drinks: hand-squeezed lemonade, slushies, root beer floats, and my personal favourite, ginger beer.

As mentioned, Pajo's can get really busy, especially around lunch and dinner on nice days when there's a lot of people in the park. The staff are good at banging out orders, but I had to wait for 12 orders to go out before I got mine (1 pm on a Saturday). So you may want to go before or after mealtime rushes. Pajo's has several picnic tables and even a few benches with holes in the tops where you can place your wrapped cone of fish & chips, which is very handy. Be mindful of resourceful crows (especially with kids who aren't as vigilant with their food) trying to steal a chip, or sitting above you in the willow tree next to the stand (I saw someone become a "target" today . . . . )

Overall: great food and a nice view too!

• Visited May 2013