“Great for takeout”

Murasaki Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 79 Restaurants in Port Moody
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are formerly Port Moody Nagano Japanese Restaurant, now Murasaki Japanese Restaurant with the same ownership. We serve traditional Japanese sushi & hot food in Newport Village Port Moody. 2016's Tri-cities' favorite sushi place, we strive to provide best quality food and service to our loyal customers as well as newcomers. Our updated menu, events, and promotions are on their way so please stay tuned!
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We use this establishment exclusively when it comes to japanese takeout; portion sizes are good and the menu has all that you need

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Definately good sushi to take away at least but this is Vancouver and to make the grade it has to be GREAT sushi. Nothing worse than turning up a few minutes late to collect your order and getting the "it isn't ready yet, come back in 10 minutes approach". At least try an apology! Better still get it right next time, must try harder. Still we won't write it off just yet.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Nice location in Newport Village for lunch. Nice atmosphere and decor.
Good food, average pricing.
Service even though it was virtually empty at 1 pm was poor and slow.
When you get a lunch box, even though rice is included, you may be asked, as I was if I wanted rice or not ( box was delivered without it). If it's included in the box lunch why wouldn't it be included and not brought afterwards.. if you request it. Just didn't get that.

Also, lucnh box with hot food was brought ten minutes before my daughters lunch -simple rolls. The idea we had was to have lunch together... and at the same time.

1  Thank rmcda1
Reviewed June 8, 2012

we had lunch and the food was good and the service excellent. the price was reasonable

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I eat sushi at least once a month and this is my new " home restaurant " , The manager is very friendly and we are often served "gifts" from the chef , I can tell you that there is no other sushi restaurant I will go to in the Tri cities now except for Fuji, this place is a close second . I have been to every other sushi establishment at least once - and there are cheaper places but for me this place is perfect. Great food, even better service !