“Woman with heavy carribean accent who answered phone EXTREMELY RUDE!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rehanah's Roti & Trinidadian
Ranked #9 of 75 Restaurants in Port Moody
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I spoke with some woman with a heavy carribean accent at Rehanah's Roti over the phone today to follow-up on a message I'd left her last Saturday, as I hadn't heard back from her or anyone else from there yet (5 whole days later...). I had simply asked on the message I'd left why Rehanah's was closed at 4 pm on Saturdays, because I'd never even seen her restaurant before, residing in Surrey, BC and I've always been a huge roti fan, coming from Winnipeg, which has 2 or 3 great roti restaurants. Well, she answered the phone on the second time I tried calling her this afternoon after she'd hung up on me on my first try and she was unbelievably defensive at the fact that I'd even inquired about her hours!?? Shouldn't any restaurateur be delighted that a prospective customer is wondering about when their establishment is open?? She babbled on: "I do lots o' catterin too, mon!" So, good for you!" I told her. "So why couldn't you just tell me that in the first place and get back to me?" I told her. She said she had tried to return my call this past Monday but that someone had hung up on her - such nonsense! I'm the only one who answers this cell and I would remember if I'd hung up on anyone. Why would I have hung up on her?? After her extremely snarky, inconsiderate and completely unprofessional attitude, I have no intention of EVER patronizing her restaurant, nor will I ever refer anyone I know to ever as well. She went on about having customers patronize her restaurant from "all over the continent," so why was I making such a "big deal" out of having to come "all the way from Surrey..?" She said "It only takes 20 minutes to get from here at Rehanahs to Surrey..!" Well...I think most would agree it'd be possible to get from Newton in Surrey out to Port Moody in 20 mins flat maybe only at 3 in the morning when there were no other cars on the road and doing 100 kms/hr!!?? Talk about being overly optimistic on that comment. She defintiely needs to get out of Port Moody a bit more to see just how far these other neighboring cities are from her shop! She gets as many good reviews about her rotis here on-line, only because good rotis are far-and-few-between here in the Lower Mainland of BC, so she almost has a total monopoly and believe me, I've had some of the most awesome rotis at Tropikis Caribbean Restaurant on Ellice Ave. and at Bindy's at The Forks Market - both in Winnipeg, MB. Anyways, I'm plastering this all over any sites I can find. The days where a "shopkeep" can treat a potential customer this way and for it to not have rippling repercussions are long over...

2  Thank foodie g

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2008

Went to this place on a whim based on a writeup in the local paper. Paper had their address wrong, but not too difficult to find on St John's street. Small, cozy, with very little seating, took our rotis home. Loved the chickpeas and the mutton. Definitely have to go there again. Hours of operation could be improved, though understandable as it appears to be an individually run operation.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 1, 2008

Great food, great value , neat little place.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook