“Was so looking forward to my Birthday dinner”
Review of The Boathouse

The Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 74 Restaurants in Port Moody
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Murray Street
Description: The Boathouse - Port Moody is a casual-fine dining waterfront restaurant specializing in seafood cuisine prepared in a West Coast style.
Port Coquitlam, Canada
“Was so looking forward to my Birthday dinner”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We should have foreseen what our experience was going to be when our waiter returned to ask the type of wine I ordered, as he couldn't read his own handwriting. When he FINALLY did come back, it was a larger serving than normal, as he knew that the wait was unacceptably long. The calamari appetizer was nothing too spectacular. The batter was too salty and the two dipping sauces were okay. Had to ask for the initial order of bread and our second order of bread still hadn't arrived by the end of our meal. The baseball sirloins were really tender and juicy. On previous visits, the birthday person got a piece of mud pie with a sparkler. I got a brownie. :( Overall, on this visit, this restaurant was way too expensive for the food and the experience.
Going to redo my birthday dinner at the Keg this weekend.

Vancouver, Canada
“Good food, but a little overpriced”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Went to The Boathouse with a family member on a Sunday evening. We had no reservation, so we had to wait about 20 minutes for a table on the patio (there was a 45 minute wait for a table inside, which was odd because the weather was beautiful). We had two great mojitos in the bar while waiting. The servers were friendly (although ours disappeared at the end of our meal) and the view from the patio is lovely, especially on a warm evening. The food was decent, but for the prices, I expected something a little more high end (or bigger!). I'm pretty reasonable about restaurant prices, but I found that items were between $5 - $10 more than comparable food at comparable restaurants. So I guess you're paying for the atmosphere and location . . . .

Maple Ridge, Canada
“A very appy time?”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Went there on Sunday. The parking lot was crazy....used their complimentary valet service. No issues but remember to ask them if your vehicle will be parked on-site or not. Mine wasn't. Convertible top left down.....I won't do that again. Sat at the bar until an outside table was ready which was fairly quick. Beautiful in the sun. Just had appys and wine. The ahi tacos are very good. The firecracker shrimp was okay. Watch your watch because they are sticklers to happy hour not starting until 3pm. Service was good until 3pm. Then it took 30 min to bring 3 appys.

Moose Jaw, Canada
“Excellent service, friendly staff.”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I stopped there on a Sunday morning for breakfast and were immediately impressed by the friendlyness of the staff, from the door person to the hostess to the waitress. The meal was quite good (spinach omelette) and the service prompt, professonal and with a personal flair. Besides our server I noted other servers engaged in conversation with the patrons, not enough to be intrusive yet enough to be appreciated. The hostess came to check on the meal as did the server. The ambiance is great as we were seated in the enclosed patio area (it was still a bit cool to do otherwise) which gave us a beautiful view of Burrard Inlet and the north shore. A return visit will be a certainty!

• Visited May 2013
Port Coquitlam
“Very Iffy.”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We arrived for our 7 pm reservation to a very busy restaurant. The disappointing first impression. No valet parking. The adjacent parking lot was jammed. Had to park about 6 blocks away. Nice window table beautiful view server was very friendly and we began selecting our dinner. They were sold out of the appetizer special my wife selected. Then I was informed they didn't have a full piece of halibut left only two smaller pieces. I was okay with this. We waited over an hour and 10 minutes before our entrees Arrived. Both ordering a different fish off the menu and very disappointed when it arrived. Fish was tough and dry and certainly not 30 worth of meal.
Our last boathouse experience in the New Westminster,location was also below our expectations.
We won't rush back.