“Everyone should try!”

Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Everyone should try!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful ambiance, floor or table seating. The food was delicious and the service was ultra-friendly. I hope more and more people will enjoy this place! Support one of the few Afghan restaurants! You won't be disappointed.

Visited November 2013

Canada
“A unique experience!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I have decided to start with the letter A, and try as many different cuisines as we can. This was our first time trying Afghan food. It was wonderful. We chose to sit on mats with comfy cushions ( on the floor) for a real authentic experience. The young server was very polite and offered suggestions. However, service was a little slow at times, and the restaurqnt was empty! We had an appy, which was like an Afghan quesadilla...delicious. The entrees were very large and incredibly flavourful-cumin, spices, sauces. The chicken kabobs and lamb were great, as well as the savory rice with toppings, as well as the other side dishes. It was a fun evening!

• Visited September 2013
Port Moody, Canada
“Nice Change From the Ordinary”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Decided to try the Chapandaz for something outside the usual and it was an enjoyable experience all around. Don’t be fooled by the exterior of the building, the inside has lots of atmosphere. You can have a regular table with chairs or go Afgan style and sit on cushions on the floor. I ordered the Chapandaz platter which has a sample of several dished and my friend had the Vegan platter - both were very good. I will definitely be back but will save room for some dessert next time.

• Visited August 2013
“Simply brilliant!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Was looking for something a bit different as most of the restaurants in Port Moody seem to be Sushi! I'm on holiday from the UK and have never had Afghan food before and thought I'd give it a go. All I can say is Wow! We had the Kebab take-away for 3 people off the set menu. I had walked to the restaurant to pick up the food and the owner offered to give me a lift back home, which was unexpected but a really nice touch. The staff were so friendly and helpful and the food was like nothing I'd ever tried before. We get a lot of Indian restaurants in the UK and I was expecting something slightly similar (curried meat and rice) but it was nothing like that. Afghan food seems to be more like Greek cuisine, with breads and very fresh vegetables. The rice, which is usually quite plain or greasy in take-aways, was fresh and tasty, with almonds and grated carrot. To say that the meat "fell apart in your mouth" would be a complete understatement, it was probably some of the best lamb I've ever had.

A genuinely terrific meal, with great staff and service. I will be coming again for sure and definitely trying Afghan cuisine again! (Though I'd order the set meal for 2 people next time as there was lots of food left for the morning!)

Visited July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Somewhere different”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

First experience of Afghan food with a group of friends. We had the large room with mats on the floor and the food was fabulous.
I had the Veggie Platter, which was an appy and main for under $20, it was delicious. Everyone enjoyed their meals.
A very friendly place and I will be going back.

• Visited May 2013