“Outstanding dining in the Vancouver suburbs”
Review of Chapandaz - CLOSED

Chapandaz
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2013

While I'm no connoisseur of Afghan food, I do love to eat and know good food when I taste it. Every mouthful at this friendly, mid-upscale restaurant was a delight. Three of us shared the vegetarian platter (they upsize depending on how many people are sharing, 1-3), and it was really, really good. I especially enjoyed the baked eggplant, the cauliflower, and the amazing fried potato slices.

If you're travelling to the Vancouver region and need to visit the suburbs of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, or Port Moody, this is an outstanding dining choice.

The service is excellent and friendly. The atmosphere is exceptionally pleasant, although they could get rid of the coloured lights which cast a strange glow on our faces and food. Never mind that, we'll be back.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

For many years we kept passing the Afgan Horseman on Broadway in Vancouver and always commented on the fact we should try it someday. When Chapandaz opened in Port Moody, well there were just no more excuses, so try it we did and we were not disappointed.

The menu is full of interesting dishes and the service we had was just great; if you are like us and want to try something different from time to time, then a visit to Chapandaz will not disappoint.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've never been for Afghan food before, but drive by this restaurant often... so I asked my co-workers if they had ever been for Afghan and one of them said "I love Afghan food and the best Afghan restaurant is right by your house". She gave us recommdations on what to order, and we went for dinner on a Friday night and it did not disappoint! The food and service were both excellent! Big portions and very tasty. We will definitely be back... and probably quite often!

1  Thank Rick O
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Never had Afghan food before but a group were going here for a birthday. We had the small room with mats on the floor and had the best dinner I have had in a while. I had the Vegan Plate (they serve meat as well) and it was delicious. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The owner was super nice and service was great for ten of us. They do serve alcohol if you want it. They gave the birthday boy shot on the house. We were also doing separate bills which wasn't a problem.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Iv'e eaten twice at Chapandaz; once in it's first week and once later. Both times it was terrific! The friendly staff and owner, along with the fabulous food, make it a favourite of mine. So does the atmosphere!
The menu is fairly large and help is available to those who need advice on what to select. Ingredients are fresh and the owner's wife is the chef. She should be very proud of her cooking!
The value for money is excellent - I love Chapandaz and recommend it.