“Perfect Staycation Honeymoon”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Moody
At The Beach Retreat
Ranked #2 of 4 Port Moody B&B and Inns
“Perfect Staycation Honeymoon”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We are local to the Lower Mainland - we live right in Port Moody to be exact. My family came from the Caribbean for our wedding and to afford us some time to visit with them after our wedding, as well as save money, we decided to do a mini honeymoon locally. After some research, we decided on At The Beach. We loved that Nick and Lise offered to us the opportunity to come visit prior to our stay and as soon as we visited, we knew that we would spend our honeymoon there.
Such a relaxed atmosphere! Nick and Lise are wonderful hosts! Great sense of your own privacy and amazing breakfast - simple and tasty!
We are sure to return from time to time for a little local getaway!

Bruce and Candice
Stayed 2 nights in the Imperial Suite

• Stayed August 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Coquitlam
Reviewed August 30, 2013

A little piece of paradise in your own backyard!!! When I grow up, I want to live on the waterfront!!! xo I wish to be served everyday with Nick's cooking (with or without ketchup, ha, ha, ha)!!! My goodness can that guy cook!!! A great thank you to Nick and Lise for hosting one of the best birthday's I've ever had!!! My very sweet boyfriend and I stayed two nights to celebrate my 51st birthday with great food, fine wine, beautiful friends, and of course....... THE VIEW!!! Next time we are staying for a week, as two nights just simply isn't enough time to truly sit back and take in all the blessings that nature and Nick (lol) has to offer!!!! Thanks again Nick and Lise!! Life is "Good" at the Beach!!!! xo LM

Room Tip: The Spa Suite is the best seat in the house!!! The Spa Tub is where you sit!!! LOL...... The VIEW is...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I spent months researching B&B's in the area and none could have compared to "At the Beach Retreat"! We booked the Spa suite for three nights the first weekend of August; the right before our wedding, the night of our wedding and one more just to relax! We could not have asked for a better location or hosts! The view was amazing, the private hot tub came in handy to dissolve those nerves the night before the wedding and the food was outstanding. The private entrance was a must have with our very early and very late comings and goings. If you are looking for a peaceful get away with the comforts of home but the privacy and luxury of a hotel this is your place. It is a requirement that you love breakfast food though because Nick really has a way of making you look forward to mornings!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Shoreline, Washington
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I can't say enough about the hospitality of both Nick and Lise! They were both gracious and accommodating. At one point I needed to print out some information and before I could even ask, Nick offered to let me hook up to his network and use his printer. My husband and I stayed in the spa room and were very pleased to see the spa had an amazing view, but was also very private. The bed was so comfortable that when we got home we realized that we didn't even miss our own bed! The room was clean and had everything you'd need! The breakfasts were so delicious and hearty, cooked perfectly! On our last day Nick prepared us some foods that was easy to travel with, so we could leave early and didn't have to try and race around looking for something while on the road. The beach was beautiful, the sunsets were amazing, and the hosts were better than we could have expected. We will be back, in fact we are planning on staying for a week the next time we go!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Fantastic place, spectacular view, the kindest people ever, fabulous breakfast, one of the best choices that I ever did...The house has 2 floors, me and my wife took the SPA suite with has a sauna and a Jacuzzi and put the kids on the Imperial suite (floor above), very peaceful and silent place good for those that want to avoid crowded places and big cities.

Room Tip: The SPA suit is the best choice
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Port Moody, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2013

All I can say is try this place you will absolutely love it both Nick and Lise were amazing and made us more than welcome.The Imperial Room has a king size bed which was amazing and The Spa Room has a private hot tub and sauna both with a fantastic view .I live 5 mins away but it was like I was thousand of miles away I loved it and will go back again for sure.
Janet F.

Room Tip: The Spa room has a hot tub The Imperial room has a king size bed and both rooms have a spectacular v...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was the perfect location to be able to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery complimented by two wonderful hosts. We spent the week and it was better than getting a hotel room. Nick and Lise made us feel at home and they went above and beyond of what was expected. The rooms were clean, tidy and cozy and we really enjoyed the hot tub. By the end of our stay, Nick and Lise felt like family and we couldn't imagine a better stay anywhere else. We've stayed at previous B&B's that have not been so gay friendly and it's nice to know that they are completely accepting.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

#4 of 4 in Coquitlam
Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
#1 of 10 in North Vancouver

Been to At The Beach Retreat? Share your experiences!