“very flavourful mix of thai & sri lankan food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kurumba Restaurant

Kurumba Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 73 Restaurants in Port Moody
Cuisines: Malaysian, Sri Lankan, Chinese, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Coquitlam, Canada
“very flavourful mix of thai & sri lankan food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

we had Lunch or dinner few times with family & friends at this restaurant .I have feeling every one will enjoy their food .

• Visited July 2014

Vancouver
“Another delicious meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have been going to Kurumba for over a year now and our dinner Friday night was just plain delicious. They offer a sort of Asian fusion menu that has elements of Thai, Chinese and Indian.
One of my favourites is the hot and sour soup but the seafood dishes and vegetarian offerings all all mouth watering.
The staff are pleasant

• Visited March 2013
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I recently came here on a Friday night. We were seated and given menus. We waited for the servers to come and take our order, however no one came. They passed by us, several times without a glance in our direction. Our menus were closed and at the edge of our table--still no response. After 14 minutes, we were SO appalled, we left. I can understand if the restaurant was busy, but it was 1/4 full on a Friday night. I wouldn't be writing this review, if the wait staff had come by to let us know that they would be with us shortly. Unfortunately, I will never know if this place has decent east Asian offerings.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Poco M
British Columbia
“Hot, Hot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Some like it "Hot". There food is very authentic and wakes up your culinary senses. Really enjoyed exploring this dining experience. Be prepared to give your taste buds a workout. Be venturesome but it's not for everyone especially those with a bland palate.
The decor is very stark and somewhat barren but the food is great!

Visited March 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
“Good concept for this restaurant but overly spicy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

We dined here a couple of months ago and I also got take out from here. The prawn spring rolls are divine. The roti canai came with very spicy sauce. My wife could barely eat it even though the size of the roti was very big,

Their curries are very spicy too. I took out the Sri Lankan beef curry a few weeks ago. It was very potent. The chef does not seem to want to lower the heat on his food. I asked if they could make it mild but they did not seem to really care.

• Visited May 2012