“Fantastic Michael Buble Tribute evening”

La Mezzaluna Restaurant
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This multi-award winning restaurant with it’s ambient atmosphere and exquisite views across the coast, is ideally flexible for the larger private function or for smaller parties during our normal opening times. It also presents the ideal location for your perfect wedding day reception before moving into our Spirit Function Suite for evening party celebrations.La Mezzaluna is also perfect for the larger luncheon party or day-time corporate event and, dependant on the type of event, it is also possible to hold a private evening function during mid-week. La Mezzaluna is open for regular custom from 5.30pm on Fridays and Saturdays. Come and enjoy the finest food prepared by our award winning chef's proud of attaining Taste Lancashire's Highest Quality Assured award. Just click the links below for our exciting menu's.
blackpool, lancs
“Fantastic Michael Buble Tribute evening”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

At £30 per head this was not an expensive night out but the food, service & entertainment were first class. We enjoyed a superb 4 course meal which was both plentiful & well presented followed by live entertainment from Mikey Graham as Michael Buble; he really DOES sound like the real thing! The service was smooth & well-organised.

There are 2 small reasons that I didn't score the venue full marks. First, I was rung not just once by the venue but TWICE asking me to pay my balance when I'd paid in full on booking! Second, this event being on the 1st December, there were the inevitable office parties present. One of these groups numbered about 20 people & they were rather noisy during the performance (in a raucous office party way rather than joining in with the music); this did mar the evening for us somewhat. However, I would definitely return to the Mezzaluna again for a similar event.

• Visited December 2012

Manchester, United Kingdom
“La Mezzaluna Pearl Wedding Celebration”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had a fabulous family celebration for our pearl wedding anniversary. The planning was easy and the staff very flexible and accommodating. The hog roast was lovely, the drinks reasonably priced for such a function so that our friends and family could have a good evening without feeling ripped off!!! The room is great for a celebration as the bar is in the room so that everyone stays together and you don't end up with half your guests in the bar. The only thing that could have improved the evening for me is that it would have been nice to have had table cloths on the tables. (however I don't think our guests noticed) The entrance is not the best but once in the room you have a great time. The DJ was good and played everything we asked for and all in all we had a fabulous evening. Everything we left behind on the night was ready for collection the next morning. Well done Mezzaluna and thank you to all the staff for an evening that everyone who attended enjoyed.

• Visited October 2012
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Truly disgusting customer service!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I never usually leave "terrible" reviews but I felt genuinely sick at the serious lack of customer service, We ate here about a week ago and went upstairs to the restaurant. We reserved for a saturday night but the place was dead. We was greeted by the most miserable looking waiter who looked completely inconvenienced by us being there. This was the general feeling throughout the night. He was rude and flippant and did not set a good example for the two younger waiters working along side him on the night.

I feel as though the food was very nice and this awful customer service completely ruined the night. These staff need to be better managed and this business could be very successful.

I feel sorry for the chef. His hard work is being over shadowed by this abysmal customer service. I urge the manager to please fix this.

On a last note the place could do with a lick of paint.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Martin H
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Poor service let restaurant down”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We attended la Mezzaluna (above The Venue) for my Grandmothers 70th birthday party and were appalled by the customer service and awful decor.

I ordered the fillet steak, on the menu it states that the steak comes with a sauce and garlic gloves or you can have it plain if you wish. My Father and I decided to order ours plain as we don't like the taste of garlic. Once our steak arrived we discovered that whole garlic cloves were inside the steak (not something I can eat around!). I understand that my dislike of garlic is unusual so I politely asked if a new steak could be cooked. The man who served us advised me that by asking for it plain I was not asking to have it without garlic. He said he could not go back to the chef and ask him to make two more steaks as they are expensive (which I knew as I paid £24.00 for one!).

His attitude was rude. He also asked if I was allergic to garlic and when I replied no was extremely dismissive.

Other guests advised me that although their food was cooked well that parts of it were cold.

The decoration was also very poor. As you walk up the stairs there is mould down the walls. We had also asked for decorations on the table as it was a celebration, when we arrived they weren't there.

At £24 a steak and £250+ for the whole meal I did expect better service from this restaurant. It is a shame as the food was cooked well. We often go out for family meals but won't be returning to this restaurant again.

• Visited June 2012