“well worth a visit”
Review of Seniors

Seniors
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Set next to the sails of the listed Marsh Mill Windmill, Seniors Thornton is in a really handy spot for the UKs best fish and chips! Whether you live locally or make a little diversion off the main through route from the M55 motorway, it's easy to get to, especially with the large car park across the road. Purpose built by the Seniors family in 2006, it's an impressive light and airy home to the 100 seater modern restaurant and the takeaway that was crowned the best in the UK in January 2012. Don't be deceived by the quality of the surroundings and expect to pay over the odds - Seniors are on a mission to raise the stakes for the fish and chip industry and believe in delivering the best possible quality at affordable prices - and that includes the environment in which you eat. This is not your typical chippy and if you really love fish and chips you must pay Seniors Thornton a visit. On the route to the start of the famous Blackpool illuminations and nearby seaside destinations of Cleveleys, Fleetwood and of course Blackpool itself, Seniors Thornton is a perfect place for families and coach parties arriving for the lights, or heading home after a great day out. BEST FISH AND CHIP SHOP IN THE UK 2012! Take-away and large restaurant facility Private/society party bookings welcome Coach parties welcome Fully licensed Accept all major credit cards Full disabled access Experienced staff with a passion to serve great fish and chips
Reviewed September 30, 2012

called on a wet sunday 3 adults and a child was glad that we had the meal was 1st class. good service we were given a sample of lemon sole on arrival it was good but we had the cod although my daughter tried the hake and was very impressed. the service was good and the portions were enough to fill most people . a very good choice of fish as well as other meals you would expect to find in a northern fish and chip restaurant . does what it says on the tin but does it really well .

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My girlfriend and i called in at the Thornton branch yesterday for a takeaway lunch, all the staff behind the counter looked as if they were all under the age of 15 and had very little training of their duties, i asked for a small fish when i entered as to avoid the waiting time, we ordered a small fish and chips 2 pie's and chips with sides of gravy and peas plus 2 cans. while we waited a younger girl that had a name tag stating that she was a trainee turned to her fellow colleges to ask if her fish order was ready but they did not know so she turned to ask Alastair Horabin (owner of Seniors chip shops) and he snapped back at her " it's there next to the sausage! listen to me so i dont have to keep repeating myself all the time!" this was loud enough for all the customers in the que to hear!
That is just bad management in my veiw, as a manager for 12 years if you have an issue with one of your staff you never shout at them in a busy shop/store, that just makes you look like the boss from hell, and more so makes the young girl he shouted at very embarrassed! Good on the girl for keeping her cool and shrugging off his big mouth.

Mr Horabin may i let you in to a secret? You dont have bad staff you just have bad management skills, and you only have your self to blame, plus you need to get some manners!

And to add, when i returned home with my order i found that i had a extra small chips that i didnt ask for but was charged for!

Thornton Fisheries it is for me in the future!

3  Thank Martin J
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Visited the restaurant in Thornton last Saturday, 3 adults and 4 children in our party, very clean and modern, waitress service fine, ordered 3 childrens meals that stated on menu came with a Robinsons fruit shoot, also ordered extra Robinsons fruit shoot, asked for small forks for very young children told don't have any, when the drinks arrived they were not Robinsons as stated on the menu they were cheap and nasty ones sold in farmfoods full of sweetners and rubbish, I said I was not happy they were not Robinsons and told by quite unhelpful lady behind the counter we cant get hold of Robinsons not been able to for months, I suggested they should inform the customers before hand or cross out on the menus, I was told cant do that they are laminated, I said they could put a sticker over, not very hard but she was quite rude so I just left it, if you are advertising a certain product they should sell that product not a cheap nasty copy version, even the children did not like them, I was still charged for these nasty drinks, the food was ok not over impressed one scampi (very small) the rest fish and chips, this was my first and last visit to seniors, the staff were not the best on customer service.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My visit here was a relatively rare solo appearance. The service was incredibly quick and courteous, and I was given some John Dory pieces to try while I waited. Despite this attempt at marketing I stuck with my favourite haddock, and it and the the chips that came with it it were extremely good, and moderately priced.

I strongly recommend Seniors, particularly for those who like a good choice of fish. When I next go, I shall be tempted to have a full plate of the John Dory, just for a change. And I certainly will be going back!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Disappointing that the "chippy of the year" really let us down on the service. It's Monday night and we were three generations trying out a well reputed restaurant.
We were told that upstairs was the only option for seating despite clearly our elderly eater being unable to get up stairs. The tables by the window being empty and a clear option had to be poInted out to the manager and waitress, and not until we had argued about moving a small table to the left, were we allowed this flexibility.
It's a real shame, as we were now clearly problem customers for asking and service wasn't great from then on.
Food was good, but too much sulking from the waiting staff really let Seniors down. Less time gossiping by the coffee machine and more attention to the customers should be part of the service for any award winning restaurant.
Good job weren't a judging panel....

2  Thank Lordwoodfleet