“Handy weekend bed”
Review of Regal Hotel

Regal Hotel
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I stayed here after rejecting another hotel in the area. The staff were helpful and the room was adequate for the £30 per night. The hotel has recently been renovated and has a more professional atmosphere. However the Bar did have a a DJ on until 1am which was a bit loud, so I suggest a room not facing over the back. The road facing rooms would be quieter. all in all a good little hotel for a great price.

Room Tip: Go for a front of hotel room
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Stuart S

Reviewed May 23, 2011

Our stay very recently at The Regal was very good, after reading some reviews I thought I was staying somewhere different. On arrival we wanted to leave our luggage until check in time but our rooms were already available & could go straight to the rooms, we were on the 2nd floor & immediately said to my family "you can smell the cleanliness our rooms were fine maybe a little updating needed but everything you needed for a break was there. The food was delicious both breakfast & evening meal with a great choice of menu. The staff were always helpful & friendly. I would recommend this Hotel for a stay & will be stayin g there again.

Room Tip: Bar a bit noisy @ w'end 2nd flr advisable
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank AmDillon
Reviewed May 19, 2011

well what can i say about this hell hole? i first arrived to be totally ignored by all the staff and when they eventually decided to see to me, they were nothing but rude. the room was tiny and unclean. i saw insects in the bathroom and the beds obviously hadnt been changed for quite some time. the noise from the bar and also from the other rooms was unbearable. the bar staff were rude and made it obvious that the drinks were watered down and far too overpriced. the whole place was just a disgrace and i would strongly urge everyone not to go to this hotel. i would not wish this place on my worst enemy.

Room Tip: book a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank mg199029
Reviewed April 3, 2011

recently stayed at the regal hotel for 2 nights, we checked reviews after booking, so was a bit worried about the service and noise, we were pleasantly supprised at the service, the staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was on the 3rd floor so noise wasn't really an issue.Found the room and all guest areas clean and tidy. Cleveleys new prom was lovely, and only a 5min stroll down the main shopping street.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank glawrance1
Reviewed March 17, 2011

We have just spent 5 nights here and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by how lovely the bedrooms, bathrooms, restaurant and residents lounge were.
Being in the centre of the main shopping street was a bonus, as we could just pop out to shop. There was entertainment in the bar on friday and saturday nights and the food was good and very reasonable.
I thought the sea front and the new promenade about 150mts away was quite amazing!
We enjoyed a film at the new cinema and hope to go to the new ice rink next time we come over. A good family holiday

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank elaineinfrance
Reviewed December 29, 2010

When i arrived i was not to amused with the staff on reception as they sat & ignored me. When they eventually got around to doing so it was like hard work. I was given key to my room to find it had not been cleaned properly. The hotel is still too Old Fashioned for people of this generation. The upstairs bar was never open and had to use the downstairs bar which was full of locals and very noisy as there was a DJ/Disco on at the time.
Staff at breakfast time were not pleasant & food was cold.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
6  Thank J_B_007Strathclyde
Reviewed October 30, 2010

We arrived at Cleveleys on October 22nd, 2010 from Toronto, Canada. We went to attend a wedding, booked this hotel for 3 nights before we saw the room. It says 99 pounds for three nights, but it was99 pounds per person. We were in room 34, went upstairs to our room and we got so disappointed, as the moment we opened the door, there was a bad smell as if someone had not cleaned the linens for a while. The towels were on our bed, and one had a hair on it. I brought it to the reception area and the receptionist did not really show that she cared but she told us that she will get us another one. The room was dusty, bedsheets were not clean and our comforter had some curry spill or something yellow that was spilled on it. We have pictures. The bed sheet had some black muddy stuff on it. We checked out the next morning. The whole night we could not sleep as we thought that something would crawl on us at any time. The phone was not working, and I spoke to the receptionist who said there is not phone access in the rooms. In the morning, the receptionist told us that she called us for breakfast and we told her that we were awake and did not hear any calls. We will never stay here even for free and we do not recommend this hotel to anyone. It was filthy, I am glad the receptionist did not charge us for breakfast as I would have been scared to use their utensils. I deserve a refund.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
The Imperial Hotel
The Imperial Hotel
#27 of 73 in Blackpool
Premier Inn Blackpool (Bispham) Hotel

Been to Regal Hotel? Share your experiences!