“Must Do excursion”

Molokini And Turtle Arches Snorkeling Trip
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Maalaea
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience Maui's amazing ocean environment with the experts at Pacific Whale Foundation! PacWhale Eco-Adventures offers thrilling and fun ocean adventures based on more than 37 years of marine research and sustainable ecotour experience. PacWhale has cruises for every style of adventure, including dolphin and whalewatch ecotours, snorkel trips, sunset cocktail and dinner cruises, holiday cruises and stargazing ecotours. You'll cruise on ultra-stable, eco-friendly vessels in the company of knowledgeable, friendly certified Marine Naturalists. Choose Pacific Whale Foundation and make a difference: all profits support efforts to protect whales, dolphins and the ocean environment.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Jose, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must Do excursion”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Well organized
Boat ride was nice
Snorkeling at Molokini- this is a must do.
Turtle town - nice surprise

The staff was SUPER friendly and knowledgeable. I liked that the staff was not just working for money, but had also studied in the field. I would have preferred a tad more time at Molokini and a little less time at turtle town.....but my friends were happy that they got to see over a dozen different turtles.

I would do this trip again!!

Take an underwater camera....the water is crystal clear.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Bremerton, Washington
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fabulous Snorkel Trip”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I sought out the Pacific Whale Foundation on the recommendation of a friend. We LOVED it! The captain and naturalist crew were incredibly friendly and helpful. They are all knowledgeable and willing to answer questions. We had breakfast and lunch that was grilled right on board. Cocktails for the post snorkel ride back to Ma'alaea Habor. They have a few different excursions, we chose the Molokini/Lanai snorkel since it had a slightly later departure time. Highly recommend any tour with PWF.

Toronto, Canada
“worth every penny”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

ok, so I'm not one to write reviews, I'm more of the person to read other peoples, but I figured it's time to finally give back and what better way to give back than to the Pacific Whale Foundation. We had an excursion with this company at the end of August, going to Hawaii with nothing planned. We decided to go with this company since it was recommended by the concierge at our hotel. I was skeptical, because I assumed they had some deal together. It turned out she was absolutely right, because the PWF was EXCELLENT. Our guide Dav and his team were very professional, friendly and knowledgeable. Not only do they love the water, but they love all the animals in the water and that is something very nice to see and experience. They genuinely care for the animals and for the preservation of the marine life that it was nice they were educating the tourists without being "don't do this...don't do this" about it. They informed us of many interesting facts as well as took us to great spots to see marine life. I didn't feel as if they were just there to make money, but to educate the general public about marine life because it's what they love as well as showing us a great time. Dav tried to remember all of our names and did a great job doing it! If you want a company to go snorkeling, see turtles and dolphins with, than this is it! Honestly, they were GREAT and worth every penny!

Visited August 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
“Great experience”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I booked a second snorkel tour we enjoyed the first trip so much! We took the Molokini and lanaii trip and the turtle town and Molokini tour. Will go again on a return trip. The whole crew is very friendly and knowledgable. They obviously love their jobs making the trip more enjoyable.

Perkasie, Pennsylvania
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Absolutely Amazing Snorkeling Experience”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We took this excursion on a rainy, gray day in May 2013. Due to the weather and rolling waves, several people got sick during the boat trip, but the Captain was right - once we were in the waters surrounding Molokini, we all felt fabulous. The water was clear as day, the fish colorful and plentiful, and we ventured quite a distance from the boat as we explored.

We had been told to expect about an hour in the water at Molokini but after about 40-minutes, an “All Aboard” alarm was sounded and everyone was waved back to the boat. As we boarded, we learned that an older passenger appeared to have suffered a heart attack or stroke while in the water. He had been pulled out and was being tended to, but we needed to get moving to meet the Coast Guard cutter and rush this gentleman to the hospital. Watching that crew and the Coast Guardsmen in action was truly amazing. When we returned to dock later that afternoon, we learned that the man had made it and was expected to survive. I never heard a further update, but I hope he is doing well.

After parting ways with the Coast Guard ship, the Captain pointed the Ocean Odyssey toward the waters known as “Turtle Town”. Here the waters were murkier than Molokini, but we did spy a sea turtle (and two others as we left) but the batteries on our underwater cameras died so we have fewer pictures here. While we were in Turtle Town, the sun came out & we basked in its rays as the boat returned to the harbor.

Given the opportunity to return to Maui, we would absolutely look to snorkel in these locations again and very possibly with this same group - the Captain and Crew were fantastic.

Visited May 2013