“Molokini Express Tour”

Honolua Bay Snorkel Sail
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Maalaea
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience Maui's amazing ocean environment with the experts at Pacific Whale Foundation! PacWhale Eco-Adventures offers thrilling and fun ocean adventures based on more than 37 years of marine research and sustainable ecotour experience. PacWhale has cruises for every style of adventure, including dolphin and whalewatch ecotours, snorkel trips, sunset cocktail and dinner cruises, holiday cruises and stargazing ecotours. You'll cruise on ultra-stable, eco-friendly vessels in the company of knowledgeable, friendly certified Marine Naturalists. Choose Pacific Whale Foundation and make a difference: all profits support efforts to protect whales, dolphins and the ocean environment.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The catamaran was a bit crowded, it felt as a family excursion because it was full of kids. The marine biologists explanations were directed to them which was a bit disappointing.

Staff was very friendly and food was reasonably good.

The best of this tour was that it was the only one departing at 9am. The rest of vessels leave at 7am and go for a longer trip. We couldn't have made it otherwise since we were flying in that very morning. Believe me, three and a half hours is long enough. We snorkeled for 50 minutes and I was tired after 30 minutes. It's enough. You don't need 5 hours. This way you avoid the crowds (we were alone in there) and it's cheaper too.

They rent water cameras and wetsuits. A bit expensive though considering the tour price.

There are newer reviews for Pacific Whale Foundation

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I took my 2 1/2 yr old grandson and his life vest and we had a great time! It was the end of whale season but we saw plenty of whale action! I would do it again for sure! I especially liked how they gave kids priority at the rail. They also did a little talk just for the kids. He probably is a bit young to really care about whales that are a bit far away but he did have a good time. And he can identify a humpback for sure!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was a wonderful trip.. the crew was awesome as does the experience of snorkeling for a first timer..

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Great people, great boat ("be safe & gave fun" attitude) & free lunch, snacks & drinks!

Best value on Maui!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Absolutely loved this excursion! The staff was very informative,friendly and helpful to all.It was worth it to get to the crater early as other groups start coming in and I felt we had the place to ourselves. We got to see some turtles, not many but the staff was great at pointing them out so that everyone had the opportunity to see them up close. I chose this company for their commitment to ocean preservation and I was not disappointed.