“Waterfront Restaurant Changed locations.”
Review of Waterfront Restaurant - CLOSED

Waterfront Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 30
Transit: Maui Bus drop off and pick-up within 50 feet of entrance.
Maui, Hawaii
“Waterfront Restaurant Changed locations.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you care anything about the best of the best, skip Mama's and head here. You want to talk about expensive... compare websites and menus.
I have been a resident on Maui and write restaurant reviews.
A romantic dinner, and I choose...We can go anywhere I want..
This is my choice, hands down and has been for Years and Years and Years.
Enjoy and tell Gary, Hello from Gaia Best and that I sent you.
You will thank me...
Aloha....

• Visited October 2012

Kihei, Hawaii, United States
“Food wasn't as good as I remembered it at the old location”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The Waterfront used to be one of our favorite restaurants and we couldn't wait for it to reopen. I love the new location, gorgeous view and nice decor. The service was good, but we were really disappointed by the food. For starters, they no longer serve the beer cheese with their bread. We had the clams for appetizer, this was the best dish of the night. I had fish which was dry and tasteless. My husband had the filet, and he too wasn't impressed. We both left totally unsatisfied. We used to go there for birthdays and anniversaries, but we won't be doing that anymore. We won't be going back. Not worth the money!

• Visited April 2013
Rick S, Owner at Waterfront Restaurant, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Aloha Kelly,
I’m very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your dinner three months ago. If you would have brought any of your concerns to our attention during your dinner we would have explained or corrected them.
I’m glad that you loved our new location and décor. That is why we made the move. We also brought all of our servers, bartenders and Executive Chef with us.
I’m not really sure if you were a regular diner at the old restaurant then you would have known that the beer cheese was discontinued at the old location long before we moved to the new spot. We found that people either loved it or hated it and we were throwing half of it away. In these very competitive times you can’t have something on the menu that does not please at least 95% of the customers. We could e-mail you the beer cheese recipe if you contact us since you liked it so much.
I’m very pleased that you liked the clams. It is being prepared exactly like we have for 22 years. The fresh fish and the filet mignon are purchased from the same fishermen and the same purveyors and prepared by the same Chef that we have had for 23 years. If we would have been told that you were not thoroughly pleased with either entrée we would have gotten you something else immediately and removed them from your check. That has always been our policy.
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and concerns. I hope that you would try us again and if you are not happy with anything you order let us know right away (not three months later) and we will take immediate action to correct it.

Gary Smith
Hoover, Alabama, United States
“Great unknown restaurant”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

One of the best meals we had on the island, so good in fact we went back for lunch prior to boarding the plane for the long ride home. Excellent service, good menu with nightly specials. Everyone had a great dinner!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Allen T
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Fantastic for foodies with a view”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We arrived for lunch midweek and were influenced by the photo in the where to eat magazine. We wanted to eat that and we had come all the way from Kihei only to be told that it is not on the lunch which consisted of the usual burger/pizza junk that we loathe. When the manager saw that we were leaving he came to ask why and we told him, he replied that the chef has the ingredients and would make it for us so we sat down again.What a pleasure to have accomodating staff these days!!, when our dish arrived it looked fantastic and smelled devine as the waitress waived it to the table. we tucked in to alaskan crab lobster and seafood fetucini in the best marinara sauce on Maui. This you have to try, it was an orgasm on a plate.Thank me later!! go early as it is next to a marine park which uses up all available parking spaces

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank DerekCC_12
Morgan City, Louisiana
“Awesome Lobster chowder”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The service was great! We had lunch here before our whale watching tour. The food was awesome! The harbor view was beautiful. Would definintely go again.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank LisaMil71
Rick S, Owner at Waterfront Restaurant, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thanks for the review. Come and see us again!