Open today: 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Molokini and Turtle Town Snorkeling

Great experience. This was my first trip to Hawaii, and of course I wanted to experience all Maui... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Haley4948
Del Mar, California
Leilani is wonderful

We took Leilani to Molokini and Turtle Town. The boat is smaller, and handles fewer customers... read more

Reviewed January 21, 2019
Kimberly A
Peachtree City, Georgia
via mobile

All reviews pasta salad turtle town molokini crater macadamia nut cookies continental breakfast smaller group fish maalaea harbor bbq lunch food was great the reefs second stop baby whale snorkel tour humpback whales highly recommend this tour captain and crew
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

We went on this tour and spent 4.5 of the 6 hours driving around before we stopped to snorkel. We weren't able to go to turtle town because of the swell and visibility, which was a huge disappointment for me. I wanted to end my tour at that point. The coral reef as ok but wasn't as great as I imagined. We stopped A LOT to whale watch, which isn't what I signed up for. Yes, it's cool but stopping every 5-10 minutes because there a while breached was getting ridiculous. The free bar was nice but they should really put a limit on the number of drinks per person. They say it's endless and they do mean endless. The staff was very nice and all but I would suggest spending a little more money and going on the Pride of Maui website to book their tour, or booking a different tour.

2  Thank Delcie W
Reviewed January 10, 2017

My husband and I went on the Leilani yesterday (1/9/17) for some adventure! We had never been to Molokini before and as Maui locals, we figured it was about time.

The crew (Captain CJ, Tanya, and Carlos) were the best! They were so witty and charismatic. They had awesome chemistry with each other, and over the course of the trip, built great rapport with the passengers. (By the end of the trip, the crew basically knew us by name!)

The clarity of the water was stunning! I mean, it looked like we were on a lake, or the water was actually clear resin! So, even though we didn't leave the boat we saw so many cool sea creatures. Lots of fish, a few dolphins, and out in the distance there were whales! My husband and I even saw a honu!

I was terribly seasick while we were out at Molokini. (Yes, I took a Dramamine before the trip!) I was so touched by how much everyone cared about me. Other passengers were asking if I was all right and giving me advice on what I could do to feel better. Carlos (crewmember) even put his Seaband on my wrist! (Which REALLY helped. Carlos, you practically saved my life!)

It felt like I learned a lot on the trip. Captain CJ talked about Molokini being a Marine Life Preserve, about being reef safe, and about some of the marine life we saw. Aside from my seasickness, which wasn't anyone's fault, I had the time of my life. I would definitely recommend this tour to others.

2  Thank sparkleapple
Reviewed January 10, 2017

We joined captain CJ and crew on the Lelaini for the "Best day on Maui" tour. Starting at 8 am, we joined them at slip 68 on the harbor in Maalaea. We left harbor for Molokini and breakfast fruit/breads, juice and coffee were provided. We watched whales as we travelled out to the crater.

We snorkeled the crater for a bit, but honestly, looks like the area has been over worn and poorly effected by the pressure of tourists over the years. The crew was in the water with us and offered some suggestions.

We then set off for West Maui. We ate lunch on the way, including burgers, dogs, chicken and veggie burgers. We arrived to the Olowalu area, and stopped over a "turtle reef". We snorkeled for some time, and the reef here was 100 times better, more lively and more to see, compared to the crater. The day was beautiful and the water was nearly still.

Following, we headed back to harbor, but did so indirectly as we chased a few whale spottings/breaches to get a closer look.

We arrived back to harbor at 2 pm, as scheduled.

Great day, can't say enough about the service (excellent), the drinks/beverages (plentiful), food (tasty and plentiful) and the activities.

Too boot, we found in our online research, this was one of the cheaper tours available!

Highly recommend

3  Thank okmac
Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

We took he "Best day on Maui" tour which is 6hrs long - longest snorkel tour on Maui. The crew with Capt CJ were knowledgeable and friendly. They made our trip very fun!
The time spent snorkeling is about 2-3 hours, but the water is cold so I don't think anyone could stand it much longer than that. We had a blast wading around Molokini and Coral cove, saw some turtles and an octopus, and just marveled at all of God's beautiful creation.
Thank you for a great day!

Be forewarned: the boat ride is an hour one way and the water can get a little choppy, making the boat very topsy -turvy. Take a Bonine before you go and don't turn down the Ginger Ale they offer, it really helped!

Date of experience: October 2016
2  Thank marquelal
Reviewed August 28, 2016

Wow wow wow!!!!
What an enjoyable morning and afternoon spent aboard Leilani.
Skipper CJ is just the right amount of laid back, affable & comedic; as my 16-year-old step-daughter said he is, "Super cool."
The crew made a delicious BBQ meal, worked diligently to tend to our beverage and snorkeling needs and, even, entertained my two-year-old while everyone else snorkeled, as well.
Experiencing the west side of Maui and seeing Haleakala from the water was breathtaking. Snorkeling Molokini & Olowalu and seeing Honu was magical.
We highly recommend this adventure for your Maui getaway anyday!!!!

Date of experience: August 2016