Review Highlights
Awesome

I am so glad we went with this tour!! Everyone was so friendly and it was an extremely relaxing... read more

Reviewed November 7, 2018
Vacation61348635339
via mobile
Molokini Snorkel Tour

The Molokini snorkel tour was a half day trip spent at Molokini and Turtle Town. Our captain and... read more

Reviewed August 28, 2018
ginger_traveller_88
State College, Pennsylvania

Recommended experiences in and around Maalaea
from $138.46
from $74.16
from $68.38
from $45.22
More Info
All reviews private charter pasta salad turtle town molokini crater continental breakfast macadamia nut cookies safety talk fish smaller group maalaea harbor bbq lunch food was great mai tais second stop snorkel tour great snorkel humpback whales
Reviewed August 28, 2016

Wow wow wow!!!!
What an enjoyable morning and afternoon spent aboard Leilani.
Skipper CJ is just the right amount of laid back, affable & comedic; as my 16-year-old step-daughter said he is, "Super cool."
The crew made a delicious BBQ meal, worked diligently to tend to our beverage and snorkeling needs and, even, entertained my two-year-old while everyone else snorkeled, as well.
Experiencing the west side of Maui and seeing Haleakala from the water was breathtaking. Snorkeling Molokini & Olowalu and seeing Honu was magical.
We highly recommend this adventure for your Maui getaway anyday!!!!

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Cara C
Reviewed July 15, 2016

This was our 2nd trip to Molokini with this company, and this time we brought additional family members. We spent a lot of time trying to find the best deal, and eventually decided to stick with the boat we enjoyed so much on our first trip to Maui 3 years ago. So happy we made that decision - we absolutely loved it! The crew - Capt. CJ, Josh and Megan - were attentive, friendly, helpful, and knew their stuff! We loved being on a slightly smaller boat, loved the stop at Molokini (so many fish!!), and especially appreciated Megan finding a couple of turtles for us to get up close and personal with on the 2nd stop (and kudos for reminding everyone to give the turtles space.) There was plenty of food for all, and the mai tais were flowing on the way back to the harbor. Thank you to the crew of the Leilani for giving us an unforgettable experience! #doitagain

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank Dena H
Reviewed June 7, 2016

This was by far the highlight of our stay on Maui. We opted for the Best Day on Maui because it was slightly longer than any others (6hrs), providing us with more time to spot wildlife, 2 snorkelling stops, and small size. It didn't disappoint on any of those. It took us a few minutes to figure out where we were supposed to be going once we arrived at the harbour, it's slip is located on the side closest to the open ocean. We had just cleared the harbour when it was determined that it was too windy for Molokini crater. We headed up the coast, breakfast (muffins) was served, snorkel masks were handed out, and you could rent a wetsuit jacket ($10). After about 30-45 mins we ended up at the Mala wharf, apparently a favourite of the crew (C.J., Megan, and Josh). It was very calm and just off the shore, it's where a section of the wharf has collapsed into the ocean and they've left it there, we saw lots of and multiple turtles. The best part was there was no other boats there but us. We were probably in the water for about 45 mins. Lunch was burgers, chicken, and hot dogs BBQ'd along the way. We headed to our next destination - Olowalu, it was a bit choppier here and the current was stronger, but still good snorkelling.

Pros: small size was definitely a plus, 25-30 people rather than +80 all within the same area. A small breakfast and ample lunch provided, with drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic), they'll make you a gingerale type drink if you are feeling sea sick. Easy access onto the boat, there's a ladder, but it's angled nicely. There's a crew member in the water watching and helping people and there's one on the boat watching. There's pool noodles to use if you want something for flotation. I was with 2 seniors who had never snorkelled before and they did amazing. Megan and Josh were great the whole trip (that's mostly who I saw), getting everything set-up and making drinks for people. You can sit on the top deck to get some sun, but there's also ample seating on the main deck.

The only thing I would say is that the snorkel mask pressed right into the middle of my forehead and was quite painful after awhile (not sure if there was different sizes, I didn't ask so that's on me, but it didn't seem so when they were handing them out). My mom wasn't able to get an optical mask, I think they ran out.
It would have been nice if the people up on the top deck would have taken their belongings with them as it was really cluttered along the seating of the main deck. People also dumped their snorkel gear when they came aboard and so it was a little difficult determining who's was who at times.

Overall the trip was great, it was the highlight of our trip, the crew was great and very helpful. Would definitely recommend the trip and book with them again.

Date of experience: April 2016
4  Thank yomo360
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

Tonya, Michael, Carlos! Man, eggsalent trip!! Thank You so much!! The Dolphins were a nice touch at the end Highly recommend this trip for everyone!

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed June 2, 2016

About 8 years ago I charter the Pride of Maui for scratting of my brother & sister in laws ashes. The crew was totally amazing then. I will be in Maui next week and wanted to revisit the area where ashes were scratted. The only cruise they have will be snorking. I don't do water sports. I was informed by a crew member she will look into a discount since I will not be doing water sports. After 8 years Pride of Maui is still totally awesome.

Date of experience: June 2016