“Condo #411 in Maalaea Kai”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maalaea
Maalaea Kai Resort Condominium
Fort St. John, Canada
“Condo #411 in Maalaea Kai”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed at this condo from November 6th until November 18th, 2011.
The condo was beautiful and clean. Staying in Maalaea Village is a nice area to stay. It was very quiet but also close to some of the bigger cities.
The only warning I have for this condo is about the damage deposit. We did not receive our full damage deposit back. We were falsely accused and held responsible for pulling a valance off of the wall. It took 56 days after leaving to receive any notice of damage even though I had emailed the week after we had left to see if everything had been ok. The only response I received back was that the damage deposit would be shipped back in 14 to 28 days. There were many inconsistencies with the information provided to us from the gentleman that we rented the condo through, Earl Behrendt with GOT MAUI CONDOS.
I would strongly recommend if you do decide to rent this condo that you request a walk through with the housekeeper when you first arrive and before you depart.
This condo is a very nice condo and looks exactly like the pictures and I would have gone back every year if it were not for being wrongly accused and having such difficulty get our damage deposit back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
9 Thank Trish H

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed in Maalaea Kai #311 for three weeks in July and had a wonderful time. The apartment is newly refurbished with new appliances, kitchen cabinets, granite countertops, equally beautiful bathroom, and bedroom fitted with nice furniture and a large closet. Good wireless Internet which provided more than enough bandwidth for us, and a tv/DVD/blue-ray (but bring ur own DVDs etc). The apt was also fitted with enough towels (including beach towels) to last us three weeks without having to wash a single one!

The apartment is a great size for couple and we especially loved the balcony overlooking the ocean. We loved listening to the ocean; it was the reason we chose this rental property in the first place and it didn't disappoint. We ate at least two meals each day on balcony, often using the common BBQ to cook our meals. Although the property faces the ocean, it is too rocky to swim in the water there. However, there is a sand beach within five minute walking distance. The premises overall are kept pristine; cleaned daily by staff who looked after the entire property (not the apt), BBQs and pool.

We thought the apartment was in a fantastic location for getting to the hotspots of Maui (provided u had a car). It's only 30mins from airport, 10 mins from Kihei, 10-15 mins from Lahaina, and 5-10 mins from the Iao valley. It was a very central location. We admittedly spent most of our time in southern Maui at big beach and wailea, or northern Maui at kaplua beach. We didn't find the journeys to these arduous. Others on tripadvisor have mentioned sugar cane burning, which happens at night, but it never bothered us.

My husband and I highly recommend Maalaea Kai #311; wish we were there now sitting on the balcony listening to the ocean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank asenamd
Maalaea, Hawaii
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I have never seen such beautiful decor and manicured tropical grounds. I have personally been inside most of the condos on Maui before I decided it would be more cost effective to rent once a year than to buy one in this market. This building is known for keeping up on maintenance and improvements while they clearly got the best location. The view of the sunset fades on the right while the city lights of Wailea, Kihei & Sugar Beach communities are right out of your living rooms all night long. Although I have only seen inside some of the units, they all advertise competitive prices (I look all the time). The grass here is the same used on golf greens and feels like you are walking on a cotton carpet. Everyone agrees it is better than being on sand and stays cooler. I can throw a paper plate like a Frisbee and hit the surf from my lanai and the maintenance person completely cleans the BBQ grills every day. I can't list everything I saw that was better than the other buildings but I have stayed here for two decades so far. This quite dead end street gets very little traffic and Sugar Beach goes for four miles with two or three people on it during the morning walk periods. This is a true gem but if you want crowds or expensive rooms with less view, you can keep looking.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank OhanaSafety
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Be very careful when staying here, I have stayed here in the past and the rooms were okay for what your paying for but this last time was a horrible experience, the condo was filthy, the bedding smelled terrible and there were beetles everywhere, they were coming out of the walls, the sink drains and out of the couch. I came to Maui for a much needed vacation and couldn't even relax in my room. Every night I would wake up to beetle crawling on me. I'm not dawging the whole complex because I have had decend room for the price you pay to stay there but this last one was a real dump. Beware

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank asamr26
Madison
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I travel to Maui as often as I can. Most people tell me that they do not like to stay in Maalaea because it is too windy. Thats why I enjoy it! I don't like to use central air, just open all the windows and sliding door and let the fresh air blow thru. We were still able to play cards on the lanai without them blowing away, and its great for whale watching during the season. The grounds, pool and barbeque are kept very clean. There is complimentary assigned parking and an elevator which I appreciated. We stayed at VRBO 39623 which I had always passed on because of the negative review. I was able to get a great last minute airfare deal and this owner responded right away with the dates that I wanted. I stayed here 15 nights and enjoyed every moment. The condo is clean, nice big bathrooms and I loved the way the place is decorated, very retro, perfect for a feel of old Hawaii in the living/dining room. Condo also as 2 flat screen tvs. The kitchen is abit dated, but that doesn't bother me. I cooked all my meals there and enjoyed them on the lanai with the fabulous view, direct ocean front. The owner, Chris was great to work with and all my worries because of the bad review on vrbo, went away. She was always available to answer all my questions. I think that there are just some people who will always find things to pick on and will never be happy. With the location and rates of this area, I don't think you will be disappointed. I would stay here in a minute, and hope to again next time I go.

Room Tip: Go to VRBO or HomeAway and deal directly with PO,