“Awsome snorkling with the turtles!”
Review of Alii Nui

Alii Nui
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Maalaea
More attraction details
Owner description: The Alii Nui is a custom built, one of a kind, luxury sailing catamaran with a reputation for providing the ultimate in service and amenities. We limit the number of passengers to provide plenty of room to relax and enjoy. The Alii Nui offers Morning Snorkel Sails, Afternoon Turtle Snorkels, Whale Watch Excursions, Sunset Sails, Royal Feast Dinner Sails, Wedding Sails, and new event, Club Alii Nui. Measuring an impressive 65' from stem to stern and 36' port to starboard, she is truly the premiere sailing catamaran on Maui!
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I decided to go with this cie for my snorkling trip after a conversation with an employee at the Maui Dive shop. He told me that everything is included from the towel, to sunscreen, free pick up and drop off, food and drinks. The price is a bit higher than the other snorkling cruises, but after having went with 2 other cie in the past, I decided to bite the bullet and go for it with this one (PS: Costco Maui sells a voucher for 100$ for the price of 80$ for this cie). I was intrigued and booked the cruise.

I have absolutely no regrets!

First there is room for 100 on this boat, they told me that they don't go over 60 or so and on my morning we were a total of 22. (maybe due to the higher price...but heck I didn't complain as it was like having a private charter and that was nice).

The day was perfect, the crew was excellent, and the food was yummy. Upon arrival (after my free hotel pickup...why drive when you can have someone else do it for you for free) a hot breakfast off eggs and bacon was waiting. Lunch was chicken and pulled pork and a great selection of sides. The sparkling wine, beer were flowing once the snorkling was over.

The captain was nice enough to stop on our way to snorkling so we could watch the whales. 3 times a week they have a cruise that goes to Turtle town (the other days they go to Molokini). Having been to Molokini twice already, I wanted to focus on Turtle town and to see turtles. Well I saw turtles galore. At one point there was 5 in my view. There is this great place that i called the turtle car wash that the turtle kinda stays there and little fishies come and eat the algae off their shells so they can swim faster. They even offered those who wated a "seafary" which was a bit of a tour with fish identification and fun facts for those who were interested. The best part is when I came out of the water, Hot shower wash off and then the glass of sparkling wine was in my hand. The service from the crew is top notch.

I definitely recommend this cie and can't wait to go again!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and I recently treated my in-laws to a snorkel cruise aboard the beautiful Ali'i Nui and we could not have been happier with our decision! Not only was the service impeccable, the food delicious, and the views to die for, but we had one of the most exciting and fun experiences that we can remember in Huka Diving! Our guide, Gabby Panebianco, was absolutely phenomenal. She was thorough in her teaching, ensuring that we weren't afraid with this new venture, kind, personable, and so fun to be with. Gabby's tour was absolutely the highlight for our experience on board the Ali'i Nui and we have already begun recommending it to our friends, family, and clients here on Maui!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I loved the boat we were on, very classy, and the food and beverages were good, too, could've had better food selection. The tour guides on boat very nice and knowlegeable.
We saw some tails here and there but finally on our way back to shore we saw these two whales breach and it was just sooo amazing and I didn't get photos but another fellow passenger did and so I asked to see her photos and she emailed them to me. I encourage you to make friends and exchange emails in case you didn't capture the images.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Everyone anywhere on the boat could see the whales. The crew was awesome. They served tasty foods, were always ready to refill the free beverages as they continually were spotting whales and educating us on the whales. What an exciting afternoon we had!!!!! I would highly recomment them.

1  Thank Teri F
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We went whale watching last week on Alii Nui and it was one of the most amazing experiences we have ever experienced! The boat is beautiful, staff knowledge and kind, the food/drinks amazing! The highlight of our trip was seeing a whale for over 1 1/2 right next to our boat! It was memorable and amazing. We went snorkeling, but it was a bit chilly and snorkeling was OK. We did see two turtles that were amazing. I highly recommend Alii Nue for whale watching as a must to do when in Maui!

1  Thank mkini