“Charming place to sit, relax after a long day at the ruins”

Sirince Artemis Restaurant and Wine House
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Sirince
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Garden Grove, California
“Charming place to sit, relax after a long day at the ruins”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

This little village was very charming! I felt as if I was in Tuscany the service was a little slow, but the food, was very fresh and hot!This is a nice place to sit, relax and enjoy the beautiful views!

• Visited September 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Turkey
“Great atmosphere and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

After an extremely HOT day touring the ruins of Ephesus, I couldn't bring myself to eat in another unair-conditioned kebap joint. I heard about this restaurant in the village of Sirince. It's a higher elevation than Ephesus, so we thought it might be a bit cooler. Sirince is straight up a mountain 10-15 minutes by car, and the weather was a nice reprieve from the scorching temperatures we'd endured during the day. We had such a pleasant breeze sitting in the shade, so much that I even wanted a sweater. Our table overlooked a peach orchard, and we had a nice view of the restored Ottoman-sytle houses in Sirince. Despite the occasional pack of dogs that we heard from a distance, the setting was quite serene. My mother-in-law at one point said to me, "I feel like I'm in Italy." She was referring to the village setting, cobblestone streets, orchards, and wine selection. The restaurant itself didn't have a distinct Turkish feel, even though the menu was almost excluslively Turkish cuisine. The food was good, but the cooler weather and atmosphere was even more splendid!

• Visited June 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Just awful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

The kitchen must have been having a bad night, because we really do not understand the high reviews. Our food was either undercooked or bland. Some of it was borderline inedible. The service was mediocre. Although the place itself was very nice, this was the worst meal we had in our trip in Turkey--even the food we got on our flights was better!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Helix72
Istanbul, Turkey
“As good as it gets”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

Artemis is really a charming place with its great location overlooking the lovely Sirince, a nicely renovated stone house (formerly a school building) in the middle of the premises invites you, you can't resist its charm. The staff are friendly, not the most professional but sincere. The food.... I really was not impressed much with the food. But considering all the other options in town, I guess this is really as good as it gets. We tried their local wine varieties, none jumped out really.... Reasonably priced... Clean.... Sometimes the view makes up for everything else....

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Sevil S
Barcelona, Spain
“Dining in Artemis trully takes you back to Roman times, where you enjoy divine cuisine and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Such a beautiful town nested on the mountain. Artemis has the prime location to enjoy this little town with a great view, where also you can taste impecable cuisine. Staff is very friendly. Dont forget to sip your wine locally produced with an extensive choices.

• Visited September 2011