See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 23, 2015

First of all, it is a guesthouse, not a hostel. It is clean and comfortable but the owner ruins it. When we came we wanted to change our reservation from 2 nights to 1 night. She still demanded us to pay for both nights. When she didn´t budge in negotiations we wanted to leave and she almost called cops on us. Once was also got locked out of the hostel because the owner just left to her other hotel without telling us anything.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank MartinSanitra
Reviewed May 28, 2015

Very unfriendly lady, invigilates, enters the room, controls, it was the worst experience of staying in Georgia. I dont recommend, better sleep at the train station or the airport! Dont go there! It destroyed good impressions from Kutaisi.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Adam M
Reviewed May 6, 2015

Beware, nowadays the hostel is called "Kutaisi Hostel Center" DO NOT GO THERE! You have been warned! . Reasons: 1)This is not a hostel, this is an old lady's house. 2) The owner lady doesn't have any consideration or respect for the guests. You have to adapt to her schedule, she closes the hostel at random times, when you have to leave the place. You are obliged to return in the evening before she's going to sleep. You get no key to the house/room and no locker. 3) There is only one bathroom available for all the guests 4) She yells with you and other guests for whatever reason. Example: on the second day of my stay I had to wait until 11.00 o'clock, because the bathroom was constantly occupied by other guests. When I finally got the chance to use it, the owner told me that she wants to leave at 12 o'clock for a few hours and I should leave the hostel for that time. It seemed wierd, since I have paid to use the hostel whenever I wanted, but I didn't argue, I have agreed to do so. After taking a shower, at 11.30 I was packing my stuff when she came in to hurry me up. After 5 minutes she was already yelling with me because I was still there. After I reminded her that she said 12 o'clock she became even more agressive. Finally, at 11.40 I was practically kicked out of the hostel. 4) Bed linens, at least in my bed, were dirty, and the mattress was very unconfortable (springs detached). 5) Internet connection was poor. 6) Outside the window there was some noisy water pump running all the time 7) There is absolutely no privacy. The 4-bed dorm is a passageway between the 3-bed dorm and the hallway. All the doors have big glass surfaces (even the toilet door). Leila (the owner lady) was constantly yelling with somebody and loudly complaining all the time. Also she was watching every movement in the house, which made me feel unconfortable. 8) There was only one power-plug in the 4-bed dorm. So,if after all this you still want to save some money and go there (it's the cheapest option in town), than go ahead - you will have your vacation ruined for a really good price. :-)

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank gabor_bls
Reviewed September 12, 2014

Newer stay here. One of more terrible impressions for me and group of my friend was connected with this "hostel". Relation by owner of that hostel to people - havent any humanity and godness. Leila constantly walked around us and yelled in any case. What for us was absolutely normal - wash a clothes in bath, to make some food in a kitchen - she controlled everething and say that for gas we needed to pay in addition, that is absolutely not normal. Shower only one time for a man and under her supervision. Check out time is in this "hostel" in 10 hour, however already she cleaned everything and we must to sit simply on a court. Avoid this place, if you does not want destroy good impressions from magic Georgia.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Andrii K
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I have seen negative comments about the owner, but there were 3 of us in the group, and we had no problems... This might be because we were out most of the time and did not ask anything of her, but I found her to be very nice... not to say I did not hear her totally go off on a guest in the middle of the night!!! Just don't cross her. The reason I gave this a poor rating is because this place is just not set up to be a functioning hostel. Our room was only accessible by walking through another room, which violated those guests' privacy. Our door was made of lightly frosted glass, which gave us zero privacy, and then there is no AC... Leila gave us a fan, which was absolutely essential, but we were still burning up all night until we just gave up and left our room open. The window was small and opened to the street which was also noisy. As Leila explained in her defense, however, she is the cheapest hostel in Kutaisi, so if you want to pay twice as much, go ahead. She is right.

Room tip: Anywhere that you can get fresh air/set up a fan. Very hot.
Date of stay: August 2014