See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 6, 2015

Beware, nowadays the hostel is called "Kutaisi Hostel Center" DO NOT GO THERE! You have been warned! . Reasons: 1)This is not a hostel, this is an old lady's house. 2) The owner lady doesn't have any consideration or respect for the guests. You have to adapt to her schedule, she closes the hostel at random times, when you have to leave the place. You are obliged to return in the evening before she's going to sleep. You get no key to the house/room and no locker. 3) There is only one bathroom available for all the guests 4) She yells with you and other guests for whatever reason. Example: on the second day of my stay I had to wait until 11.00 o'clock, because the bathroom was constantly occupied by other guests. When I finally got the chance to use it, the owner told me that she wants to leave at 12 o'clock for a few hours and I should leave the hostel for that time. It seemed wierd, since I have paid to use the hostel whenever I wanted, but I didn't argue, I have agreed to do so. After taking a shower, at 11.30 I was packing my stuff when she came in to hurry me up. After 5 minutes she was already yelling with me because I was still there. After I reminded her that she said 12 o'clock she became even more agressive. Finally, at 11.40 I was practically kicked out of the hostel. 4) Bed linens, at least in my bed, were dirty, and the mattress was very unconfortable (springs detached). 5) Internet connection was poor. 6) Outside the window there was some noisy water pump running all the time 7) There is absolutely no privacy. The 4-bed dorm is a passageway between the 3-bed dorm and the hallway. All the doors have big glass surfaces (even the toilet door). Leila (the owner lady) was constantly yelling with somebody and loudly complaining all the time. Also she was watching every movement in the house, which made me feel unconfortable. 8) There was only one power-plug in the 4-bed dorm. So,if after all this you still want to save some money and go there (it's the cheapest option in town), than go ahead - you will have your vacation ruined for a really good price. :-)

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank gabor_bls
Reviewed September 12, 2014

Newer stay here. One of more terrible impressions for me and group of my friend was connected with this "hostel". Relation by owner of that hostel to people - havent any humanity and godness. Leila constantly walked around us and yelled in any case. What for us was absolutely normal - wash a clothes in bath, to make some food in a kitchen - she controlled everething and say that for gas we needed to pay in addition, that is absolutely not normal. Shower only one time for a man and under her supervision. Check out time is in this "hostel" in 10 hour, however already she cleaned everything and we must to sit simply on a court. Avoid this place, if you does not want destroy good impressions from magic Georgia.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Andrii K
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I have seen negative comments about the owner, but there were 3 of us in the group, and we had no problems... This might be because we were out most of the time and did not ask anything of her, but I found her to be very nice... not to say I did not hear her totally go off on a guest in the middle of the night!!! Just don't cross her. The reason I gave this a poor rating is because this place is just not set up to be a functioning hostel. Our room was only accessible by walking through another room, which violated those guests' privacy. Our door was made of lightly frosted glass, which gave us zero privacy, and then there is no AC... Leila gave us a fan, which was absolutely essential, but we were still burning up all night until we just gave up and left our room open. The window was small and opened to the street which was also noisy. As Leila explained in her defense, however, she is the cheapest hostel in Kutaisi, so if you want to pay twice as much, go ahead. She is right.

Room tip: Anywhere that you can get fresh air/set up a fan. Very hot.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed one night in a private room and one night in a dorm room. The private room is tiny and not really private, there isn't even a complete wall separating it from the corridor so you can hear everything that goes on on the other side. There just happened to be a lot going on on the other side that night. Some other patrons came back from a night on the town with one guy in a somewhat inebriated state who urinated all over an old armchair out in the courtyard and then went to sleep in said armchair. The drama caused by this kept us awake for a good hour or so. We understood enough Russian to tell that the drunk party were all being asked to leave. Eventually after a lot of shouting they agreed on sleeping until 6am and then immediately leaving. Between then (around midnight-1am) and 6am we were kept awake by someone in the dorm room suffering from a fit of some kind of chronic upper respiratory tract infection, which probably wouldn't have happened if there had been a wall. When 6am came the shouting started again and went on for at least 15 minutes, which included the owner just walking off after the party had left shouting to herself or to the other guests she'd woken up, including .

The next morning she spoke to us very warmly apologising for the events of the previous night, reassuring me that she "likes English people", and telling us that "Russia, Ukraine people don't know how to behave", which I assume was her reasoning for evicting the entire party. I therefore advise you not to stay here just in case the owner has reservations about your nationality.

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank zeibura
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Though my stay was far more pleasant than for the other guests, this place is not recommended at all. First of all, this hostel nowadays functions as Hostel Kutaisi Center. I found this place by just walking on the street and they happened to have an empty bed. Everything went fine until I had to check-out. The check-out is at 10.00 AM, and I was waiting at the hostel for other guests to get ready (who were staying there another night) since we were leaving together to a location nearby and I was all packed and out of the of the way before check-out. When I was waiting for the other people, I asked if it would be possible to store my luggage for half a day and then the owner lady started to yell at me that I'm not a guest anymore, I should get out and started to pushing me out of the door! She already carried my backpack out while I didn't notice, yelling at me that there's no space, you're not a customer anymore, and kept yelling that I should get out.

She seems very friendly at first, but please do yourself a favor and don't stay here!

Date of stay: July 2014