“Best hotel by a mile”

Ranked #5 of 80 Kutaisi B&B and Inns
Montserrat
“Best hotel by a mile”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

If you are visiting Kutaisi for business or pleasure, there is only one place to stay -Aeetes Palace. The rooms are big and well furnished. The service is impeccable, the location is ideal and to top it all off we were given a glass of the best Georgian wine on our first and only night in the hotel !!! You cannot top that!!! Super fast internet connection and staff that will help with your tour of the Kutaisi region and recommend restaurants serving authentic Georgian food. Brilliant. Worth every penny!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Kato M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had real problems locating a hotel in Kutaisi that we could book online before we went that was of a reasonable price/standard, and this was literally the only option that fit the bill.

Located in the Old Town, its a hell of a walk from the Bus / Train stations - so be sensible and get the #1 marshrutka/bus. This is a circular transport which will drop you 2 streets from the hotel, if you tell the driver where you are going (bit of Russian might be handy to do this though)

When we arrived, we were checked in quickly and efficiently and given keys to our rooms. The rooms were very nice - with separate bed, living, bathroom and office areas - as well as a fridge and satellite TV. There were also clean and tidy.

It's a few minutes walk to the centre of Old Town - If you want to go back to the new area, then you'll need to get the #1 bus again to do that. However for the 2 days we were in Kutaisi, we found plenty to do in the vicinity of the hotel.

The only downside was that on the second day, the hotel staff decided we needed to move as our second day was on a slightly more expensive rate and so we needed a better room (?!) While we complied to not cause a fuss, it would have been better to have stayed put and let whoever was coming in have the 'better' rooms.

There was breakfast included in the rate - but we never had this so I can't comment on how good it was (or not).

Overall, I would recommend this hotel - it is well located and has attentive staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rheadworth
Tirana, Albania
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Approaching this hotel from outside the city you might think it's not central but they you realise it really is: just down a cross street for two blocks and you're over the lovely pedestrian bridge and into the heart of this little city. From here I walked to the market, to the Cathedral on the hill and once to the train station to get tickets - all very straightforward.

The hotel itself is very comfortable, with a good bed, tv, minibar, sitting area etc and a funny little half-sitting bath in the bathroom. Interesting paintings in the corridors. The area is very quiet (though I have the impression that all of Kutaisi is) and I got a good night's sleep. The staff were attentive and friendly; the breakfast was just ok, didn't have dinner, and there's a nice little covered terrace sort of on the roof, to which you can bring a bottle of wine or whatever.

Highly recommended as an upper-mid-range option.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Utrecht
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Beside the fact that the hotel is located very conveniently, the service is amazing. I forgot my watch, it fell of the side table of the bed. I only discovered it the next day when I was already in Vardzia. I called then and they went to the bus station and gave it to bus driver who brought it with him to Tbilisi on the last day of my trip.
Hans (the Netherlands).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Hans_Minses
Heerlen, Nederland
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had a nice stay (2 nights) in this hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpfull and most of them speaks very good English. The rooms are spacy

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Bart1968
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I traveled to Georgia at the end of spring. I liked this city. Especially its historical part. Kutaisi is the biggest and most beautiful city in the western Georgia, the city of ancient civilization. in the city center, historical part of the city is located in the Aeetes Palace Hotel.The best service and sincere hospitality of running through the hotel. 24 hour room service, a Georgian and international dishes in a quiet environment. Room price includes breakfast, which will delight you.I think the hotel price is quite low compared with the service provided. All rooms have private bathrooms, the rooms gleam with gold from the cleansing. The Internet, telephone services, many different TV channels. Peaceful atmosphere, the hotel has a cooling and heating systems.The hotel building resembles a fortress. From the outside the stone is inserted. The hotel is located in the historical part of this history is an inseparable part. I want to mention a restaurant inside the hotel wall murals on the land where the city's history comes to life.The hotel has a winter garden where you can taste Georgian dishes, delicious Georgian wine and enjoy nature. This garden is located on the top of the hotel, you can browse Kutaisi without leaving the hotel.
I think I'll enjoy a visit to Hotel Aeetes Palace. I still have to visit the hotel again to experience the bliss that it was here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank George H
Italy
Reviewed October 8, 2011

It's very good that I have chance to say my oppinion about Aeetes-palace...
In summer I've visited in Kutaisi with my friends and we have stopped in the hotel aeetes-palace , which has very good location, it's situates in the centre of kutaisi. But I didn't know how can I tell you my impression about the delicious food , I have never eaten such a tasty food before.
In the fourh floor of the hotel is a small verandah in the style of Imereti yard "Oda" Imeretian house which has a fantastic view.
The hotel also has a very beauitiful interior and everything shines of cleanly . The hotel has all conditions. (free wi fi system and free cabel tv) Credit card machine)
I must say about the staffs,they were all intelligent well comunicated people , every member of the hotel can speak English, German, and Rusian language.
We were pleased that we discoverd such an exalant hotel in kutaisi .

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends