“Another wonder lunch at Arturo's”

Arturo's Restaurant
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My mother and I had lunch at Arturo's last week. It was wonderful!! We shared the Arturo's special and had ice tea to drink. The Arturo's special includes two tacos, two tamales, one enchilada, covered with a wonderful sauce, rice and beans. Of course every lunch or dinner starts with fantastic chips and 2 types of salsa. The service was excellent, our ice tea was refilled before it was half finished. Don't forget to finish your meal with Arturo's sundae or flan. I have enjoyed having meals at Arturo's for many years. Last summer we had 30 people at Artruo's for a family reunion dinner....I will post pictures with this review. FYI, I have NEVER felt unsafe in Progreso Nuevo. We drive over and park in Arturo's (free with $10 purchase of food or drink) guarded parking lot. They don't mind if you leave a car for the day, so park and go shopping, have a meal and enjoy Progreso Nuevo. Be sure to tip the parking lot attendant.

2  Thank motherdragon

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had the cabrito and it was delicious. Every time I go down to visit my family in Weslaco we have to make the trip to Arturos. The service is very good and it is nice to sit down and enjoy some good food in air conditioning. I suggest if you make a trip across the boarder that you eat the local food so don't bother ordering the Tex-Mex food on the menu you can get that kind of food in any state in the US. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank kaydog37
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Our favorite spot to eat in N. Progreso. Great margaritas, 4-star services, terrific food. Choose a typical Mexican (not Tex-Mex) dish or American fare - you won't be disappointed.
One of my favorites is the "Lonches Progreso" - three beef/avocado sandwiches on fresh-baked bolillos. My husband and daughter love Arturo's mole sauce - they order it on everything. And of you want to drive into N Progreso, you can't beat Arturo's gated & attended lot - free if you eat in their restaurant. Be sure to tip the attendant!

1  Thank sewhappy1221
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Mexican food in Port Isabel was surprisingly average and below, but as it went, Arturo's was the best available. Oh my, avoid Los Cobos.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I've been to Arturo twice but both time, they never dissapoint me on the service. They always have two server cleaning out the dishes that are done and ready to serve us with more. I had Kabrito the first time and I thought it could use some sauce. But then again that was my first time so maybe that was how it was supposed to taste like. I also had mole chicken but I've eaten better mole before.
But Price is great and service is awsome. I think you are there for the experience not the food.