“Magical, best vacation ever with wonderful hosts...”
Morning coffee on the deck
Steps up to the Beach House from your secluded beach View of the Beach House from the blue lagoon
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Steps up to the Beach House from your secluded beach
View of the Beach House from the blue lagoon
Your location - Fofoa Island, Vava'u Islands, Kingdom of Tonga
Natural beauty in the details
Bamboo clad bathroom
fully equipped kitchen
Outside dining
Your boat Lavinuella
view from the deck
Join us swimming with humpback whales
your beach
Kid friendly/family fun
Fruit basket from the organic garden
View from your deck
The view from the master bedroom
village of Hunga
Swimming with humpback whale calf
Onsite Massage
Kitesurfing on the lagoon
Fresh fish for dinner
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Italian first
Any
reema p
“Magical, best vacation ever with wonderful hosts Karyn and Boris ”
Reviewed August 8, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Words cannot really describe this amazing house and the loving treatment you receive from Karyn and Boris!!!. This magical land of Tonga and its beautiful sea animals and people are on full display here. We did so much here from relaxing, whale swimming!!!, fishing, visiting the nearby Hunga village and going to church, to snorkeling, and exploring the island. Honestly the best part is really Karyn and Boris and their gorgeous children who love this land and its animal and are such knowledgeable gracious hosts. I can't thank them enough for making my 40th bday so special and the best gift is now I have two more dear friends in my life as well.
We just returned and I cannot wait to go back to see them and this beautiful land for another visit.
Mako to Karyn and Boris and much love

Management Response
Aug 9, 2015
Malo lahi for choosing to spend your special birthday here with us and glad the whales gave you days on the water to remember. We'll certainly not forget you and your friends and hope to see you back here soon!
Samdamous...
Auckland Central, New Zealand
“This really is Paradise”
Reviewed July 19, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

What a wonderful holiday with a great a family. Boris and Karyn are phenomenal hosts and couldn't do enough for us. The activities were wonderful, big game fishing with Boris and Whale swimming with Karyn. The Climate was beautiful at that time of year, the cool breeze was lovely at night and there weren't even any mosquitos! I cant recommend this place enough!

Liked best: The View and the owners
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Grant H
Bakersfield, California
“Best place I have ever been, I will definitely be back!”
Reviewed May 30, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

There is nothing else to say, this place is absolutely amazing! The beach house is a wonderful place to stay because the location is perfect and the house is breathtaking.

First lets start with Fofoa Island. The island is beautiful and it has many good beaches and plenty of places to explore, not to mention great snorkeling all around and gorgeous views wherever you look.

The beach house is the best place I have ever stayed. It is cozy, comfortable and has the best view in the world! From your own private deck you can enjoy the blue lagoon any time of day and words cannot describe the beauty. It is perfect for enjoying a good book or just relaxing and enjoying the great view, either way it never gets old. You also have your own private beach with the whitest softest sand in the world. The house itself is something you need to see to believe, the craftsmanship and design is second to none and you can tell right away that it is nothing short of magnificent. I have been all over the world and this place is definitely my favorite and I will keep coming back!

To save the best for last, no doubt, is the host family. Karyn, Boris, Felix, and Luca were not only great hosts but they turned out to be great friends as well. They are very knowledgeable and whatever you want to explore they are their to help out, and they are fun to hang out with as well. Whatever they told me I should check out I did, and I was not once disappointed.

Trip of a lifetime, everyone needs this experience at least once in their life, no question.

Traveling group: Solo
Management Response
May 31, 2015
Thanks Grant for such a glowing review! We really enjoyed having you here to stay and the boys loved being your island guides. We're looking forward to having you and your family back here soon.
Kate W
Neiafu
“Wish I was still out there.”
Reviewed February 11, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed at The Beach House for a week with our family (six adults and a toddler in total) and I can honestly say that it was one of the most beautiful and relaxing weeks that have had. We traveled from the UK for a three week holiday and chose The Beach House for our island resort experience to celebrate a 70th birthday. Karyn and Boris went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and at home. They really pulled out all of the stops for the birthday celebration, creating a lobster and seafood banquet fit for kings and giving us sky lanterns to release - a truly magical experience.

As there were so many of us, we used both The Beach House and the larger Happy 'Api house which was perfect for our family. Sitting on that balcony at The Beach House with a cold glass of wine, enjoying the sunsets was something to look forward to every day, as were the green flashes - we actually saw one on our first night!!

As the other reviews say, this is one of the most beautiful spots in the South Pacific and The Beach House really is a work of art. We can't wait to come back!

Thank you Karyn, Boris, Luca and Felix for a wonderful stay - and Lulu (the dog) for being very patient with a curious 18 month old toddler!

Ali_Boswi...
Nelson, New Zealand
“If you can only visit one place in the world make it The Beach House, Tonga.”
Reviewed December 11, 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

The Beach House in Vava'u Tonga is one of the most wonderful places that we have ever stayed. The luxury of the accommodation is all the more special given the remoteness of the location perched on the edge of a beautiful South Pacific lagoon. Coming in the 'off season' (i.e. no whales cruising past) was ideal for us as it gave us much needed peace and quiet. Having said that the guided snorkel tour was a treat - if you have never seen a sea hare then you really have never lived. The tropical breakfasts with mango, papaya and banana from the garden were delicious, made all the more special as we watched the sea turtles from the balcony. No apologies if this all sounds a bit effusive - it is hard to describe the Beach House in Fofoa without getting a tad excited.

Liked best: The environment
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Susie M
“Relaxing and inspiring”
Reviewed October 22, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

I'd done extensive research before coming to The Beach House so was expecting a stunning location, but nothing prepared me for the real thing. The setting of this place is utterly sublime and oozes every paradise cliché going. Its amazing to have such clear azure seas, a gorgeous personal beach to enjoy and so much to do. We really enjoyed just relaxing on the deck, never getting tired of the stunning views and watching the sea life below, or playing on 'our' beach but when we did want to do more there were always options and Karyn and Boris were great at suggesting suitable days out for the family. I was able to follow my passion of spear fishing - Boris knew all the great spots to visit - and we were lucky enough to return home with a Dog Toothed Tuna! (deliciously cooked later on). Our best days however were out in the big sea swimming with whales. Again I'd done my research and booking with these guys seemed good as they always stuck to a max of 4 on the boat and the water (ensuring we were in the water at every opportunity) and I liked the fact they made a donation to Sea Shepherd. I'm so glad we booked 2 days out whale swimming as they were both completely different experiences. The first day we found a male singer and were in the water watching him and listening to his incredible song, and the second day we were lucky enough to get in with a mother and calf. It was such a huge and humbling experience and so much more than I'd ever imagined. We all felt very safe under Karyn's guidance for this unforgettable experience.
The house itself is a pleasure to be in, well equipped, super comfy beds, and wonderful sea views from the showers. The food was consistently delicious and well presented and we were always impressed with their creativity in cooking up gorgeous dishes from what appeared, in the local shops, to be very limited supplies. I'm so glad we went for the fully catered option as it certainly made this dream holiday even more of a relaxing treat.
There are so many happy memories that we treasure, watching turtles from the deck, swimming under stunning stars, being in the water so close to whales, but mostly we come away with a sense of calm and inspiration from being in this special place so far removed from our usual hectic life.

susiem141
london
“Relaxing and Inspiring”
Reviewed October 17, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing