Most reviews cover excellent acommodation,location and food etc so we thought we'd comment on a few different things.
1. We got a great Thompson internet deal £495 each full board for a week so paid 105 euros for a lake view room upgrade by e mailing the hotel direct beforehand- the mountain view room we were allocated to originally was perfectly adequate (we were given it by mistake on arrival) but bore no semblance to the beautiful lake view and mountain vista -well worth the extra believe us -Wine on the balcony looking out was brilliant.
2. Bikes are free! Make use of them and follow some of the fantastic routes through Alpine valleys -you don't have to do mountain biking unless you want to -scenery along the trails is glorious.
3. The guest card from the hotel which you are given entitles you to free bus travel in the Kaiser Winkl region- this is as far as Kossen one way to and Kufstein the other (Kufstein is outside the region so there is a 2.60 euro supplement) - many villages in between too.The bus stops are outside the hotel front door and run once an hour
4. There is a good cable car up the Unterhorn from Kossen and great coffee/cake shop opposite the church- watch the para gliders jump
5. Get the local map and trail routes from the Tourist Info in Walchsee 6.95 euro it's a must- you can pick and chose were to go etc
6. One big negative for us is that after evening meal (you can chose 18.00 or 20.00 sitting-we chose the later to allow longer days) entertainment is about zero bar the one Tyrolean evening (that is free). Other than hotel bars the place is like a morgue after 20.00- but if you've been before you know Austria is like that- we did a small round of other hotels bars Schlik, Brunner and Panorama. Walchsee is more isolated than most though so no rep's doing quiz or bowling nights etc.-expect early nights!
7. One of the best things about full board is that you are encouraged to prepare your own packed lunch from the breakfast buffet. You are given a carry bag/plastic bags/carton drinks/cereal bar- we typically added two ham/cheese rolls each, youghuts, fruit and anything else you might want. Tip- take a flask with you you can make your own tea/coffee too
8. Finally expect Germans- no problem very sedate and civil but expect 95% German occupancy- so nearly everything is German related-announcements/entertainment (there was Bingo one night)- a few words helps but you might find a phrase book helpful!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Ferienclub Bellevue am See reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ferienclub Bellevue Am See Hotel Walchsee