“First time to Austria - hopefully not the last!”

Erlebnishotel Kristall
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Leutasch
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Like others we stayed at this hotel as part of HF Holidays. This was our first time not only with the holiday company, but also to Austria and thus also to the hotel. We spent a week here and nothing was too much trouble. The staff were excellent particularly Sascha and Tina. Daniel the Manager was most welcoming. We had a lovely suite with a balcony, all very comfortable. Our light in the bathroom stopped working, but it was fixed very quickly.Food for large groups can be a dilemma - quality can sometimes go adrift - but NOT here. The food was excellent and I actually enjoyed the breakfast buffet as well. If you were back in time, there was free cake - always welcome after a long walk. I had a swim in the pool which although small, it was all clean and tidy. Weidach (Leutasch) is a quiet little village, but had all the amenities - Tourist Office, Supermarket,buses to nearby larger Seefeld, even a bowling alley in the Gasthof Zum See. We had such a fun night there. On Thursdays the local band play at the Bandstand. The hotel was full while we were there, but we never felt the service dropped. They were on the ball the whole time. The only reason I have not given a 5 star rating is because I know some people didn't have a shower screen or curtain. However, for us it was great!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front get the afternoon sunshine. It's not a noisy village so I don't think no...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MagsBucks

Reviewed September 5, 2011

The biggest impression on the arrival in this family hotel is the oustanding kindness of the staff.Daniel,the son of the owner,is everywhere ready to help you for everything,with real smile,polyglott and friendly.We had a big superior room,very comfortable with excellent view.Breakfast is very good and they care about this [is not industrial],also and the dinner was veryattractive,compare to the price.Of course Leutasch is dead the night but is very interesting during the day [writte for summer period] with many kinds of sports.If you prefare night life,visit in 6 klm the Seefeld.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank amfitryon
Reviewed August 10, 2011

As with some other reviewers, my wife and I stayed at this hotel as part of a walking holiday operated by an British group, HF Holidays. This was a walking holiday (hiking for the NA crowd).

We really enjoyed staying here. This is a family owned and operated hotel which is well maintained and is located in a pretty and pristine small alpine village which caters to skiing in the winter and walking in the summer. The family and the staff are very welcoming and make you feel very welcome. They provide complimentary soup at lunch (we weren't around then so I cannot comment on this) and cake in the late afternoon. It is the kind of place where they want to take care of you in the finest of Austrian traditions. The rooms are chalet like with up to date, compact, bathrooms, decent sized bedrooms with a refrigerator and a small banquette table plus a balcony. We really enjoyed our room and it was in good condition and cleaned well daily. Our package included dinners and the chef is clearly very good. We had 5 course meals (including a self serve anti pasto course and a self serve soup course - one choice per evening). The vegetarian selections were the only ones which lacked imagination, but at least they had one.

In addition to the rooms and dinner, the hotel has a very nice spa facility that is available to guests and this consists of a plunge pool, a spa pool with a couple of jets and a hot tub plus the true spa area with steam room, sauna, a warm. tile lined "tepidarium" and relaxing showers and foot massage area. This was available without charge to guests and was a terrific retreat after a day of walking the mountain valleys.

Back to the staff, Daniel at reception and the restaurant staff of Sylvia, Nicole and Maria were very friendly and eager to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable, all as you would expect from a well-run, family operated hotel.

My wife and I hope to be able to return to the hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a balcony (I think most do) with a mountain view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TorontoTraveller43
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Stayed here as part of a HF walking holiday on a half board basis.
Food excellent for the most part though evening meals better than buffet breakfast which was just adequate. Staff very pleasant, room spacious and clean. The hotel is very close to bus stops and a large supermarket. Swimming pool and jacuzzi on the small side but soothing after a day's walking. Only complaint I would mention is that my fridge was not working when I arrived. After my third complaint it was replaced by a mini fridge which had very limited chill factor. The old fridge has a thick covering of dust on top which hinted that it had been left operable for a while with no enquiries from previous guests. I must mention Maria, the waitress who was very popular among the male guests especially !! Complimentary cake served in the afternoon though tea and coffee not free hmm....
All in all a nice cosy hotel situated in a quiet village only 10 minutes bus journey from Seefeld.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Hotel and room clean and tidy. Staff very helpful (I must learn more German). Food excellent though not always to my taste (didn't like the starter but my wife did, so it was me). Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travoman
Reviewed January 24, 2010

I stayed at Kristall Hotel with a small group of 10 people. We were there to learn cross-country skiing and to some walking. The hotel conveniently situated in a side street near a chair lift and near a "loipe". What I enjoyed most was the welcome provided by the young and enthusiastic staff, the food and the comfort of large well-heated rooms. The menus were imaginative, using organic local products whenever possible. The wellness facilities were great after a hard day on the "loipe" and there were always free drinks available in the sauna area. British visitors have to be aware that it is a "naked" zone, so not for shy violets! I certainly had an excellent holiday.

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Hotel was ok in terms of rooms and very positive in terms of food (indeed, the best in Tirol and I am spending my xmas vacations there since 2000).
Two points were indeed clearly NOK in the SPA area:
- where there are the 2 swimming pool, the temperature was always around 32-33 degree. Instead of relaxing it was like being in Miami in August with a terrific level of humidity. What's the logic behind?
- the sauna area was a disaster; the whole area decorated with fake/plastic flowers/trees extremely sad and "seventish". for 2 days the steam-bath was pushing tempearture to 55-57° (should be around 45) so you were trying to relax but you were taking a kind of sauna. No cold bevarage in the area; everytime you had to call reception to get something. No fruits (any spa have them). No place to sit for having a chat. Everythign quite sad.

Last but not least the bar/desk service. Everything but the room had to be paid cash. Getting a tea after dinner was always complex because bar-man was always late or confused with booking. Paying the bill before leaving was an adventure with the guy at the desk making all calculation manually, spltting credit card from cash payment and being alone the day when everybody was checking out. We had to queue about 1 hour on Jan 1st to get our bills done. Organization: 0.

My personal comments: it is not a 4 start. 3 is more than enough.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leutasch
Sporthotel Xander
Natur & Spa Hotel Laerchenhof
Natur & Spa Hotel Laerchenhof
#21 of 59 in Seefeld in Tirol
Interalpen-Hotel Tyrol

Been to Erlebnishotel Kristall? Share your experiences!