“Great Stay at Mountain High”

and 1 more site!
Sportpension Mountain High
London, United Kingdom
“Great Stay at Mountain High”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My son and I stayed for a week end of Feb beginning of March.The Mountain High was spot on for us with regards budget and value for money.The food was great and plentyfull,breakfast from 8 was cereals, fruit, toast and other breads, meat an cheese.There would also be one of the following on different days,boiled eggs,porridge,waffels.Tea and coffee juice and milk also readily available each morning.Tea and cake at 4 was nice and dinner at 630 three course with wine.you know whats for dinner as its displayed on blackboard from night before .if you dont like you can then decide to go out or maybe ask for an alternative.I am not fussy and thought the food was great.
Relaxing pleasant, nice bar and staff and owners.Rooms do the job for sleep and washing,what more do you want on a skiing trip.
I have stayed at Seiwald and Alphof hotels in this village,both have more stars and are on the nursery slopes entrance and have a little more facilities but next year I will be back to Mountain High as the cost is right and loved staying there.If your fussy and want loads of choice on facilities and food then pay more and go elsewhere,if you want nice friendly cosy convenient and great value for money then the Mountain high is totally the place to go.Those that have put bad reviews about this place need to chill out a little and I am quite pleased they will not be back again.
Kirchdorf is great for beginners and intermediates who want a quiter place to go.

4 Thank sean d

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Hesingue, France
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stay 1 week in MOUTAIN HIGH pension. Family CHAYROU is very friendly, the place
von the gesthaus is not far von den ski station. In the pension, we eat very good and
the rooms is clean, with all the positive commets.

Room Tip: One room with balcon: nice view
1 Thank Steven K
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stayed at mountain high in February, the place is set in a beautiful quiet village, opposite ski hire shop, and a short walk to ski school, Kirchdorf slopes and bus stops. As my skiing progressed throughout the week, I appreciated the free easy bus rides to other nearby ski resorts including St Johann, and Stein platter. The range of slopes kept day time skiing very interesting, and catered for all levels. After a day’s skiing, I enjoyed returning to Mountain high for plentiful tea and cake, relaxing by the open fire, and catching up on the day’s events with other guests. I felt the morning breakfast was appropriate, and evening three course meals were very tasty and filling, the only other food I had to buy was lunch, which kept spending costs down. The atmosphere in Mountain high was sociable and relaxing. By the end of the week I was skiing, and playing cards with other guests, and on one night a few of us explored lively "après ski" in St Johann. Some of us have exchanged emails and hope to return same time next year. I personally found the hotel owners Herve and Steph, very welcoming. What I didn’t expect was that Herve offered a range of adventure activities, for the first time I completed a paraglide off a mountain, and zip line over a frozen lake in St Johann. It was an amazing and once in a life time experience. I did not want the week to end, and hope to return next year.

3 Thank Elaina R
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The Mountain High chalet was everything our party of 6 in 3 rooms could have wanted for our ski trip - friendly and helpful owners, Steph and Herve with their staff provided great food and service with nothing too much trouble. We can only agree with all the positive comments posted by others regarding the qualitiy and quantity of food, rooms and bar / dining area, proximity of ski hire shop and arrangements with ski buses to access the various ski areas of the Schneewinkel ski pass region. The skiing is best suited to beginners and intermediates and was good for our party of mixed ability/experienced skiers and boarders.
The chalet owners' policy of no smoking in the building was very welcome since this cannot be assumed in Austria which still allows this in most public buildings including bars and restaurants.
Although our trip was obviously for winter sports the area generally and Mountain High in particular looks like a great place for summer activities and we're enthusiastic about a return trip to experience those.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies and the owners are very approachable so just ask them what's available...
1 Thank david j
Herefordshire
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This is the second year we have stayed at M/High and this season it changed to a catered chalet which I was really looking forward to. The MH is a small cosy hotel which is clean and basic. While we had plenty to eat the menu didn't excite me. The wine with the meal was good and Herve made sure that if your glass needed a top up you got it. I spoke to Steph on a couple of occasions and felt like I was being an inconvenience, which is not how I remember her from the previous year! I have seen some of the recent reviews on here and whilst harsh I can see where they are coming from. The cake at 4pm is a nice touch, but then to have dinner at 6:30pm is too close. It makes you wonder for who's benefit the times are at. Also one of my party wanted Tea instead of coffee and was told that would be an additional 3€ ! The rooms whilst clean, warm and basic could do with new duvets, my partners was badly ripped. The basins would also benefit from some hand soap. Finally it could make for a better chalet feel if the lounge area was expanded and maybe encourage more guests to stay chatting and having the extra beer. Overall a bit disappointing from my previous experience.

• Stayed February 2012
Ruthin, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We stayed here as a couple with our 5 year old son. The accommodation was clean and comfortable. The chalet owners were very friendly and extremely helpful re local info e.g. buses, ski school, walks etc.
As vegetarians, and having a child with a nut allergy, the food was amazing and more than you could possible eat! You would never go hungry at this chalet!
There is a ski hire shop directly opposite the chalet and a short walk takes you to the ski school and bus stop. Most buses to other resorts within the schneewinkel ski area are timed to return in time to collect kids from ski school. This is a beautiful area and we plan to return to see what it's like in summer.

1 Thank irene L
Middlewich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Mountain High chalet is the perfect location for the town of Kirchdorf and the slopes, both are in easy walking distance. The ski equipment hire shop is situated right across the road, so collected our equipment with ease. The Chalet is basic, but warm and friendly with great showers! Breakfast is a selection of cereals, freshly baked breads of different varieties, teas, continental meats and cheese - the children were even treated to freshly made waffles on one morning! The evening meal is a set three course menu, offering local food which was freshly prepared each day. There was a happy atmosphere in the bar area where all the guests would get together and swap tales of the days events whilst playing cards etc. The hosts Herve and steph treated us all to a free schnapps one evening and a bucks fizz before our final meal. This was our first family skiing holiday and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and resort, so much in fact that we have already booked up for next year!!! Hope to see you there.

1 Thank Sally B
#4 of 16 in Kirchdorf in Tirol
Hotel Babymio
Hotel Babymio
#1 of 8 in Kirchdorf in Tirol

Been to Sportpension Mountain High? Share your experiences!