“Brilliant Experience ...”

Six Senses Zighy Bay
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Zighy Bay
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Zighy Bay was a real treat beginning to end. We arrived 29 December and left January 7. Kids loved it and the staff were very good with the Children. Accommodation was great, clean and quiet. The grounds are quiet even though at full capacity. The service was brilliant - the staff were happy and helpful. You can walk around the resort bare footed or cycle your bike. The setting is stunning and there is plenty to do - or plenty of quiet to sit and listen to the silence and take in one of the most secluded resorts I have ever been too - highly recommend a beach front villa - you open your gates (you are in the sea). Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 12, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here review in bullet points for easy reading.
- Awesome location.
- Service is very good you get your own butler who is your point of contact and deals with everything.
- Good range of food and the food is good - noted that some of the reviews were a bit negative to the food, its not Michelin star but its good, in room dining is impressive and they can customise your order.
- Some good activities on range given the 'isolated' location, boat tours, romantic boat trips, paragliding, microlite, dining etc.
- I read some reviews which were a bit negative, I think perhaps they are being too fickle, I would consider myself well travelled and fussy but I enjoyed this place and would definitely recommend it if you want a holiday where you can just chill, is expensive though.
- Most of the other holiday goers I saw were Russian, German, French and Italian - not saying this is a negative thing just letting you guys know.
- Only negative thing I would say is that the majority of the staff are not from Oman - I always prefer on locations like this for their to be local staff as they have an extra connection with the place. I had some issues with the internet in my room - but I was too lazy to report it, I'm sure they would of sorted if I had.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Loafer78
Reviewed January 12, 2011

The TOP place in Oman where to rest, swim, eat, read..... An incredible SPA.
Great team in the Hotel and Restaurant.
Memorable stay!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2011

My husband and I selected Zighy Bay for a belated honeymoon - what a perfect location it turned out to be. The hotel is located in a stunning private bay backed by a spectacular mountain range. The view below of the hotel as one drives over the top of the mountains down the winding road is incredbile. We had a beautiful villa that opened directly onto the beach with an infinity pool and great lounging areas including a big terrace, daybeds wtih a fan above and also a very cute Omani style summer house. The sunrises that we could see whiled lying in bed were stunning. We very quickly got into a daily routine. After a fantastic breakfast at the hotel, we would spend the day at our villa, sunbathing and reading and taking dips in the sea. Lunch would be a chilled bottle of rose by our pool, with some Arabic mezze - delicious. More lounging in the afternoon, and then we would have amazing spa treatments in the early evening. Feeling extremely relaxed we would then head to the beautiful bar and enjoy great cocktails including a Zighy Bay speciality which was a cocktail comprising vodka, a couple of liqueurs and chilli. Served icy cold against the warmth of the evening it was a wonderful combination and a great way to start off the evening. While we were there we had the experience of dining at what has arguably got to be one of the most spectacular locations to have dinner at in the world. A bold statement, but I challenge anyone who has eaten there not to agree with it. Senses on the Edge is situated at the top of the mountain and the tables are literally arranged on the mountain's edge. We recommend arriving there early (we even beat some of the staff to their evening posts) - around 6.30pm to be able to experience the incredible evening sky. it was wonderful to wach the staff going around the tables lighting the candles and also putting little candles into the crevices of the rocks which surround the tables. We worked our way through a superb tasting menu while watching an amazing sight, the full moon rising out of the sea in front of us - breathtaking! We had a magical holiday at Zighy Bay, the service was excellent and we thought the food was fantastic. Having read tripadvisor before our holiday this was an area that we were a little concerned about, but we can categorically say the food was so good with a great variety to choose from and with standards maintained across all the choices. We had a really memorable holiday , we will definitely be returning to Zighy Bay. Soon.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Zighy Bqay resort is a one of a kind experience. there is nothing else like it. The setting is spectacular, rooms divine and the staff and amenities exceptional. I cant wait to come back again and again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2011

My husband and I were at Zighy Bay in September 2010 for the second stop of a three stop honeymoon. We were in the Maldives for 8 nights then flew to Dubai and were picked up at the airport by Arabian Adventures and driven 2 hours to Zighy Bay, where we stayed for 3 nights before heading back to Dubai for the last 3 days of our honeymoon.

Zighy Bay is an amazing place for an experienced traveler and/or someone who can handle a remote location and appreciate it. It really is in the middle of nowhere and its not the easiest place to get to so if you are looking for an active city trip then this is not the place for you. There are plenty of dessert activities for 4-5 stay max-with a lot of relaxing too, but I would not stay here for an extended period of time...unless you're really into the dessert.

Activites here are super fun! We went paragliding-it was awesome! We did a private boat tour and a 4x4 trip into the mountains, both were so much fun and should definitely not be missed! We signed up for a snorkling trip but cancelled it because the red tide was ending and the water was still a little foggy for snorkling. We also did the dining in the sand experience on top of Zighy and I highly recommend this-you can't leave Zighy without dining from the top of the mountain! Be sure to make your reservation for sunset.
We did not do dinner in the wine celler, but it seems really neat so look into it.

We stayed in a pool villa on the beach (#22, which is featured in most of the photos/postcards) and it was perfect. The room was traditional Omanian style, great air conditioning system-important in the dessert!!, great infinity pool, cool little area next to the pool to lounge and play board games and a fun mini beach house to nap in. My favorite part was the outdoor shower-so refreshing in the heat. There is a lovely indoor shower as well. The rooms are really well laid out and spacious.

The food at Zighy is delicious and the chefs are happy to accomodate requests.

Each villa has its own bulter, our butler was good but not great-have had better. Overall, though the entire staff at Zighy Bay is very helpful, friendly, and accomodating.
They do a really great job at taking care of the environment and education the local villagers on how to take care of their natural resources.

There were not a lot of people while we were there-maybe 5-6 other couples that we saw. We were leaving on a weekend and the resort was starting to get busier-seems like its probably being a new hot spot for weekend getaways from Dubai.

The souks at Zighy have pretty good shopping and if this is your only stop in Oman you'll definitely be able to find some cool things to take home. I actually hit the jackpot and went home with an Omanian bracelett that was display only because its an antique but the shop/gallery was willing to sell it to me-its beautiful and such a special keepsake!

I loved all three stops on our honeymoon but Oman was my favorite because Zighy Bay is truly a unique and special place. Wonderful experience and really amazing honeymoon spot! You will love it and be super relaxed!

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AR407145
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We were in this hotel two times in December 2009 and in Desenber 2010. Its our home far away from home.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
#2 of 5 in Dibba Al Fujairah
Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort
Sandy Beach Hotel & Resort
Oceanic Khorfakkan Resort & Spa

Been to Six Senses Zighy Bay? Share your experiences!