I would start by saying that I would go back tomorrow, on the basis that some things were changed. Yes this resort is not a budget location, it is a 6* soon to become a 7* holiday resort, that has only been going 3 years. The name " Six Senses" says it all, and if you are expecting a cheap holiday look elsewhere.
Is it value for money?.......... Yes, as long as you are expecting to pay for the treatment, you receive and the quality of all that is on offer, which is well above normal expectations.
My family were there for 4 nights, living in the most incredible beach front Villa. We would come out every morning at around 8.00am walk all of 40 yards for a dip in the warm sea. Then we would wonder back to the villa and take a dip in our own private pool before heading off for a magnificent buffet breakfast.
The only let down was that we like to go scuba diving, and currently this activity is being outsourced to another company, who are more 3* at 6* prices. I could see that they are building their own diving facility which will be ready next year, and am sure will be run in the same way as the rest of the development.
I would sum up by saying that rarely do you find such an idealic location hidden behind mountains. which can only be reached either by sea or by road in a 4x4. The staff are just magnificent and cannot do enough. The signature restaurant "Sense on the Edge" located up in the mountain, looking down over the Bay is awesome. The Spa treatments were just the best we have experienced. And the piece de resistance for us was the Chef cooking a barbeque just for us on the beach outside our own villa.
But of course it comes at a price...............and in our view well worth it.
Thank you to all at Zighy Bay for an experience which we will not forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The eighteen acres self-contained Zighy Bay is set on a 1 mile (1.6 Kilometers) stretch of sandy beach fringed with rugged dramatic mountains and sea at the northern peninsula of Musandam. It features some of the most beautiful sandy beaches of Zighy Bay, temperate climate both summer and winter including an award-winning Six Senses Spa and Wellness Centre spanned over more than 20,450 square feet (1,900 square meters). As the first Six Senses resort in Middle East, Six Senses Zighy Bay blends exceptional guest experiences with a unique style - authentic, personal, adapt seamlessly to Middle East especially to Omani cultures, sustainable and in harmony with individual surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Six Senses Zighy Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 6 Senses Zighy Bay
- Six Senses Zighy Bay Hotel Zighy Bay
- Zighy Bay Six Senses Hideaway