“peacefull haven”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Zighy Bay
Bishopton, United Kingdom
“peacefull haven”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed at Zighy Bay Sept 2012 and loved every minute. Picked up from Dubai airport and driven across Dubai to Oman which takes over 2 hours. The villas are completely private and have their own small pool that provides relief from the soaring heat. Food was provided in three restants and were excellentl. There is a large free form swimming pool and a long sandy bay with sunbeds available most times. No evening entertainment was provided as this is meant to be a retreat and anyone booking a holiday here should be aware of this. Not the cheapest resort but it was luxurious , book half board to avoid a heafty bill at checkout, the decor was rustic but suited the location.

Room Tip: A beach front room would be noisy from the waves.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank banjolin123
SS-ZighyBay, General Manager at Six Senses Zighy Bay, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear banjolin123

It's great to read that you had enjoyed your stay in September and I would like to thank you for taking the time to review it. The design of the resort, from the private pool villas to the public areas and restaurants does reflect the beautiful location here in Zighy Bay and is in harmony with the beauty of the Sultanate of Oman. We do pride ourselves in providing true and authentic Omani hospitality and give our guests and opportunity to unwind and recharge themselves from their busy lives. Thank you for recognising this in your kind review.

I can be reached under my below mentioned email should you with to return here or visit any of our Six Senses Resorts in the future.

axel@sixsenses.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We just spent a weekend in Zighy Bay and even though our last trip was around 5 or 6 years ago we were welcomed back like old friends. We drove the 2 hours from Dubai on the Thursday afternoon and after a little mix-up at the border we were soon swimming in our own private pool.

There are not enough superlatives to describe how idyllic Zighy Bay is. The attention to detail is phenomenal. The sea is the perfect colour and temperature. The sand is soft on your feet. Your own private villa with pool is comfortable with all the amenities you could ever need.

The staff are very friendly without being intrusive. It is expensive but you get what you pay for.

If I had one minor complaint it was that the villa we got also included the previous occupants underwear!

And one piece of advice would be to ask them to chill your pool before you arrive (especially in the summer months), ours was as hot as a bath when we arrived and took a good 24 hours to cool down.

We cannot wait to go back again, and again, and again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JT S

It is always great to welcome back returning guests to the resort. Thank you for coming again to Six Senses Zighy Bay and we certainly hope that your next visit will not be in 5 years but well before then.

I'd also like to thank you for your kind review and the praises about the design and services provided. Kindly allow me to apologise for the inconvenience caused upon check in with regard to both housekeeping and engineering issues. Both have since been addressed to ensure that the villa and private pool are to the expectations of our guests at all times.

The team and I look forward to your return.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed June 24, 2014

What a perfect place! Everything about it is wonderful and very special. Breakfast was fantastic, as well as the SPA facilities and treatments. Especially to mention: the mountain restaurant with a fantastic view and great food. If you are looking for a place to relax with great service, go there, it is worth it. The way down to the Hotel is spectacular with a stunning view. The whole hotel facility is very neat, nicely decorated and the villas are built in traditional style. Every villa has its own pool, sunbeds and lots of places to hang out and chill. The interior is in great style and honestly: if you get to your villa once, you don't wanna leave it again, because everything is taken care of. On top of that it was one of the best housekeeping services I've every experienced. Our housekeeper remembered literally everything: I was doing Yoga once and put 2 towels on the floor, the next day I had a yoga math underneath it. We drank a lot of Green Tea all day long and from there on we had like 10 new tea bags in our kitchen area every day. The staff was extraordinary friendly and helpful. Thank you for making our stay so perfect!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Anna S

Wow! Thank you so very much about your great review of your recent stay here in June this year. I am glad that you enjoyed the setting here in the bay as well as the authentic design of the resort. I will especially highlight your comment about your villa attendant to our housekeeping team. It is great to hear that our team was able to anticipate your needs and took initiatives to go above and beyond your expectations.

Rest assured that I'll share your kind words with all and look forward to welcoming you back here soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any future assistance.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed at Zighy Bay for 10 nights as part of our honeymoon in early June, 2014. The stay was completely perfect, the rooms/villas were impeccably clean and spacious and it is lovely having your own pool, all the service we encountered was impeccable. We went on a snorkelling trip and completed a cookery course which we enjoyed immensely. I have read several reviews about the clarity of the water on the snorkelling trip - both myself and my husband who have extensively snorkelled and dived felt that there was a good variety of fish and that the staff were excellent, however we were warned about the clarity beforehand.

We felt the quality of food was excellent from the simple tapas in the bar to the Sense of the Edge restaurant.

We would not hesitate recommending Six Senses and hope to return!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RuthyT_1
Dear RuthyT_1

Thank you so very much for spending such a great occasion as your honeymoon here at Six Senses Zighy Bay! With pleasure I read that you and your husband enjoyed your stay and that the team here at the resort was able to make these 10 days memorable.

I will certainly pass your kind comments about the service, culinary team, watersports as well as the housekeeping team to all concerned. Thank you as well for recommending us and we all here look forward to welcoming you back to this beautiful spot in the Sultanate of Oman soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is my first review on Trip Advisor, but I made such a lot of use of it before going to Zighy Bay - and in turn e-mailing Axel, the manager, that I feel as if I ought to put some thoughts back in. My wife and I travelled with our 2 and almost 4 year old girls from London and stayed 10 nights and had the most amazing time in early March this year and I always describe it by saying that it's bare foot luxury, once we arrived we did not put shoes on again. Our villa was large and spacious, kept very cool and clean at all times, there was plenty of room inside and outside for the children to play and the pool was a constant lovely temperature. We were on a half board package which I would recommend and always ate extremely well whether in villa or in the various restaurants. We did get to Sense on the Edge which was the only time I slightly winced when I saw the bill, but it was delicious. The rest of the facilities were all very nice etc - but then that's what you expect from a resort such as this. The biggest and best differentiator for us was the service, which was immaculate from Axel and the top management team, all the way through to the house boys, butlers and baby sitters. I do not think there was a single time that anyone said 'no, that's not possible' to us, I have to say that 90% of any such requests were in relation to our children, especially at meal times, but those that travel with young children will know, if your children are happy and content, then you can try and relax a little bit yourself - and we did. It was an amazing holiday and we would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Michael B
Dear Michael B

Thank you very much for taking time to review your stay in March this year as your first TripAdvisor review. It was a pleasure to have gotten to know you and your family here and I am glad that you had enjoyed the visit. I do agree with you that once you feel that your kids are happy and looked after, you can enjoy your vacation that much more. For this, Six Senses Zighy Bay is perfect, featuring a very dynamic kids club with lot's of activities and a resort team which is great with children.

Rest assured that your kind review will be shared with the team here.

I do certainly hope to have an opportunity to welcome you and your family back here soon. Please do not hesitate to let me know if advance in order for us to get everything arranged prior to the next stay.

Jennifer Cooke
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We have been lucky enough to stay in some special places in the world but this is in my top three.

The location is absolutely amazing, beach is incredible, rooms are huge and service is brilliant.

We travelled with a six year old and she loved every minute of it. The kids club was brilliant, Jenny the teacher was warm and engaging and their activities were great.

Great waves in the sea so we had great fun body boarding everyday and the salt water pool was quite and perfect for children.

The barman at the salt water pool saw our daughter had itchy skin so prepared fresh aloe vera for her - now that's service.

I love this place and we will definitely come back one day. A big thank you to everyone!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jennycooke
SS-ZighyBay, General Manager at Six Senses Zighy Bay, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Mrs. Cooke

To be in your top three is a great compliment to everyone here at the resort. It is good to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay and that the team managed to exceed your expectations. In particular, I'll share your great praises about Jenny and the bar team at the salt water pool with all. Thank you for this.

I do hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back here soon. Should you need any assistance in arranging anything in advance, please do not hesitate to contact me. My contact email can be taken from the signature below.

With kind regards,

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Zighy bay is like staying on a different planet; with dramatic terrain, incredible heat and food that was out of this world.
An all pool villa resort sets the tone for a peaceful, luxurious and blissfully quiet holiday. It was everything we could have wanted and more. Details...

Pool villas are great, we were more than happy with one just off the beach. Villa 41 has sun all day. Villas are spacious and clean and have everything you need. Your own room butler is constantly on hand getting any extra's you require, e.g. Yoga mats, scented shower gels, flip flops...
Food and drink were amazing, yes expensive but you are in the middle of nowhere and if you spend time looking at prices before hand then it's what you expect.
Spa, pure bliss. Treatments were outstanding and spa facilities available to use all day throughout your stay. The gym was perfect, not too much equipment stuffed in, it had lots of space for your own workouts and the equipment it did have was up to date. Cold bottles of water available, along with fresh fruit.
We spent most of our time at the salt water pool, which was peaceful and had a great bar which served non alcoholic drinks. Hung, the barman, was great - inventing new and exciting cocktails and smoothies everyday.
The sea is also fantastic, crystal blue and beautiful.
My husband went paragliding which he would recommend and we both went snorkelling one afternoon. Both excellent, but whilst we can understand food and drink being expensive (location etc..) we thought activities were at least 30 to 50% overpriced compared with other international resorts.
To get around the resort bikes were provided. This is a fantastic idea and we used ours everyday to go to the gym and breakfast.
Breakfast was just perfect, buffet area great with lots of choice and then the made to order egg dishes were incredible, along with the smoothies and fresh juices. The best part of my day!!!
Each villa is allocated a GEM who is responsible to ensure your holiday is everything you want: booking restaurants, arranging activities, special events... Christopher was ours and was fantastic.
I would recommend zighy bay without a doubt a truly wonderful and magical place. I hope to return.

Room Tip: Villa 41, sun all day and very close to salt water pool and sea
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lindsay T
Dear Lindsay T

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for your detailed review of your recent stay at the resort this past May. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the team (your GEM, the Spa, thee service and culinary team) were able to make your stay special. Rest assured that your kind words will be shared with all concerned.

I have noted your comments regarding the prices for the activities and am in process, together with the team, to review them again.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to assist with any arrangement prior to a return visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Zighy Bay
Sandy Beach Hotel & Resort
Royal Beach Hotel & Resort
Royal Beach Hotel & Resort
#3 of 5 in Dibba Al Fujairah

Been to Six Senses Zighy Bay? Share your experiences!