It's difficult to explain Zighy Bay as it is so different from any other hotel we have ever stayed in! We spent 10 days there Feb/March 2013 when the weather was just about perfect but after three days I fell and broke my wrist resulting in a plaster cast being put on and consequently swimming in the large pool was not an option. I did manage to carefully stand into our own villa pool which was wonderful and helped me to feel cool when the sun was at its hottest. Not an ideal holiday from the point of view of the injury but the hotel could not have been more helpful in organising a visit to the hospital, via a speed boat, and generally making sure that I was well looked after.
We decided to return for 10 days this year Jan/Feb, so that I could experience it in more normal circumstances! I was not disappointed. A good number of the staff remembered us and asked me if all was now OK and Ary, our butler, (everyone has their own butler) could not have been more helpful. A good number of the reviews on this site list the qualities of the rooms so I will not repeat what has already been said. We booked a beach front villa again and experienced the sunrises by just walking a few steps to the front gates, opening them and standing there with our mouths hanging open at the sight! We will return next year, hopefully, but will go later on in February as it was definitely warmer last year at the end of Feb/March. If you are sporty there is a large range of activities, some of which are free and if you want spa treatments their spa is second to none.
Axel Jarosch is a superb hotel manager who clearly cares about his clients and is a visible presence around all areas of the hotel. This is important, in my view, as he is approachable and friendly and will listen to any comments you feel you need to make. All the staff, with whom we had any dealings, were courteous and helpful.
We look forward to another visit next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The eighteen acres self-contained Zighy Bay is set on a 1 mile (1.6 Kilometers) stretch of sandy beach fringed with rugged dramatic mountains and sea at the northern peninsula of Musandam. It features some of the most beautiful sandy beaches of Zighy Bay, temperate climate both summer and winter including an award-winning Six Senses Spa and Wellness Centre spanned over more than 20,450 square feet (1,900 square meters). As the first Six Senses resort in Middle East, Six Senses Zighy Bay blends exceptional guest experiences with a unique style - authentic, personal, adapt seamlessly to Middle East especially to Omani cultures, sustainable and in harmony with individual surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Six Senses Zighy Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Senses Zighy Bay Hotel Zighy Bay
- 6 Senses Zighy Bay
- Zighy Bay Six Senses Hideaway