“top”

Six Senses Zighy Bay
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Zighy Bay
Reviewed January 12, 2014

if you are out for sightseeing this is the wrong place
BUT there is recreation , wellness, flawless service, exzellent food ,irresistible sun rises out of the indian ocean, near to nature but very comfortable villas each with its own infinity pool all very refined and relaxed

Room Tip: don´t go there in summer- 50 degree centigrade ! and if you can afford it- take a villa in the fir...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank marvinge
SS-ZighyBay, General Manager at Six Senses Zighy Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear marvinge

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Six Senses Zighy Bay! I am glad that you had enjoyed the service, the culinary experiences and the setting of the resort. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the teams.

Wishing you all the best and hopefully welcoming you back here soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

If laid back 'bare foot' seclusion is what you are after then this is it.
A total antidote to the high rise bling of Dubai.

We went with our 3 kids, aged between 4 and 9, in December before peak Christmas week.
It is over 2 hr drive from Dubai, ending in a hair raising ascent and descent over the rocky mountain range that makes the bay so secluded and cut off from the outside world.

The tranquility of the lapping waves was sometimes interrupted by guests descending via microlight from a mountain ledge, but it was more of a novelty than a nuisance.

We were glad we paid up for a beach front villa as it really was worth it.
The villa layout gave our family plenty of space and privacy. The children could play in and out of the pool and sea within our view.

The children were able to cycle and walk to and from tennis and the kids club on their own. The sandy paths everywhere mean it really is a 'bare foot' property. I think our kids didn't wear shoes for a week!

The kids club has very sweet staff. It's a small room so don't expect huge kids club facilities. There is a teenage club for those wanting more adventurous things like archery.
We took advantage of the kids Movie Night frequently at 7pm, allowing us to have supper on our own, with the children joining us after their movie for pudding.

We ate very well. However, you have to understand that the dining options are limited, it is such a secluded bay there are no other options for eating out.

We did a snorkelling trip and fishing trip with our 9 year old which were good. The sea was cold at this time of the year, so everyone had to wear wet suits for snorkelling.

Only things that could improve:
- For In Villa Dining, the table on our terrace was too small for 5 to eat around, you could only get 4 at a squeeze.
- The spa room my husband had was very devoid of atmosphere, no view, no music or anything. a little disappointing compared to other spas we've been to in the Asia and Mauritius.
- Babysitting is expensive, so we only used it once.

Otherwise, super staff, extremely friendly and lovely.
Beautiful secluded property with a lovely laid back atmosphere. The setting is stunning, especially at night with the moon reflecting in the sea, perfectly framed by the mountain-enclosed bay.

Room Tip: Worth paying up for Beach Front
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank R E

Dear R E

Thank you for your kind review of your stay here in December last year. I would personally like to thank you as well for the great comments about the host, which will be shared with the whole team here.

Your impression about the beach front villas is correct, as they are also the most sought-after villa category here at the resort. With regard to your comments regarding the dining options, rest assured that they are being addressed by the culinary team. Already now we have introduced a new seafood and lobster set menu in our fine dining restaurant, Sense on the Edge and are in the process of creating a new beach bar at the Salt Water Pool.

I stand at your disposal should you wish to discuss your points for improvement further. I can be reached at axel@sixsenses.com.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The location is stunning with an approach road and view guaranteed to take your breath away.The hotel resort provides the very best of style and comfort. Each guest room /villa is tastefully appointed in traditional style, yet fully equipped to the highest standards, with all modern comforts. Free Wi Fi is available throughout the resort. Activities are available for the more adventurous and include such pastimes as mountain climbing, para- gliding and walking, amongst others. Three, five and seven day programmes are designed, by qualified practitioners, to provide a series of treatments and activities to ‘stimulate the body’s natural healing pathways and encourage regeneration and cleansing.’ , though no pressure is exerted to those who just want to enjoy the resort and ‘chill out’.

Room Tip: A beach front villa without a doubt.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SheilaWestYorkshire

Dear SheilaWestYorkshire

I would like to thank you for your review of your stay here in January. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed the visit and that you had a chance to sample some of our unique experiences. We do take pride in giving enough opportunities to our guests to enjoy the beautiful nature at Zighy Bay and also reflect this special setting in the various experiences such as the Six Senses Spa.

I do hope we get an opportunity to welcome you back soon. In the meantime, I can be contacted directly should you require anything prior to this return.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband, son and I stayed for 9 nights over the new year in 2 pool villas. The service in this hotel is outstanding. One morning I happened to mention while the housekeeper was there JUbha that I had no nail polish remover with me and in the space of 15 minutes I found some remover sitting beside my bed. The food in all the restaurants is excellent and it is well worth booking the edge restaurant for one night as the experience is fantastic. The new years eve buffet was like nothing i have ever seen before with chefs at every station and food from all over the world and the standard of food was fantastic.
We didn't have a choice at what room we stayed in when we booked as there were only 2 pool villas left, which concerned me before we arrived as we normally stay in 2 bedroom villas or presidential villas in the hotels we are in, however after walking around the resort and seeing the other accommodation offerings i have to say the pool villas are equally as good as the beach villas.
Axel the hotel manager is completely hands on and can be seen permanently in the resort checking to make sure everything is running to perfection.
My son did the paragliding and the microlight experiences and loved both of them.
Ray and Jeff in the summer house restaurant are exceptional, every night they knew exactly what drinks we would be ordering including the wine we normally had.
All in all this resort is amongst the best in the world, the service levels are 6 star, the staff are fantastic, the facilities are fabulous.
Forget Dubai and take the extra time to travel across the border over the mountain and stay at Zighy Bay for a totally wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: pool villas are great, we were in number 65/66 and are steps from the beach
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank nikkistewart

Dear nikkistewart

First and foremost allow me to thank you for having taken time to review your stay this January in our resort. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed the time you had spent over the new year here. I will certainly share your kind comments about our hosts with the team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back here soon. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can assist with anything.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Having heard so much about Six Senses Zighy Bay for so long, I was thrilled to have the opportunity to spend a day there with my fiance recently.
This place is a real jewel!
Levels of service are beyond anything I've experienced in this region before. For example, if you're walking through along the resort's sandy, winding paths and a staff member appears on a service golf cart, they will stop, switch off the lights (if at night) and the engine, and wait until you have walked past before continuing on their way with a cheery "Good evening Sir!"
With no sign of chlorine in the individual villa pools, the ionized water is crystal clear and at the perfect temperature.
With opportunities for water sports as well as paragliding and microlighting, your every wish will be catered for. The extensive wine cellar complements the delicious menus. Furnishing and designs use calm and balanced colours.
Everything is in keeping with the local environment.
Yes, its expensive - but it should be - It's worth it!! So, my "Return to Zighy Bay Savings Account" has already been started. :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Greg-of-Arabia

Dear Greg-of-Arabia

Thank you very much for having reviewed your recent stay in December of last year. I am glad that you and fiancé enjoyed the stay and that the team here was able to meet your expectations with regard to the services provided. We do take pride in offering true Omani hospitality and that all the offerings reflect the unique and special setting of the resort in this beautiful country. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back here soon. Please do not hesitate to let me know if I can assist you with anything prior to your return.

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, worth a visit, worth the money, excellent customer service.
Whenever we called operator for something it arrived in 10min max, I don't know why people are complaining about the service of the butler's and waiters, they were excellent. I'm sure the ones who complained have a bad attitude.

I did an extensive research before visiting this hotel, and read almost all the reviews. Most of them where complaining about the food quality and it being overly priced. I'm afraid to tell you that this is true, even the fruits were not ripe. Maybe due to their location, the food delivery is costly, hence the food cost is high. But don't know why the food quality was poor.Hence,my only regret was the food, even though a few of them were finger-licking good, but the price was woooo.

Paraglide is a must, I dint try it though , but my wife did. I surprised her as it was her birthday we were celebrating on the hotel.

We took the standard villa, which was extremely spacious, wonderful temperature controlled pool. Only bad thing was the dragon-fly's annoying us at noon.

Overall, i would definitely, recommend you guys to try it, and I would definitely mark this hotel as an occasional place for us. Perfect service.

We stayed on 5th Dec 2013 at a Villa 74.

Although the price for one night is equal to those destination getaways from cobone, but this one night was totally worth it.
No regrets !

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tumberry
SS-ZighyBay, General Manager at Six Senses Zighy Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Tumberry

Thank you so very much for your kind review of your stay at Six Senses Zighy Bay early this December. I have already shared this with all the team here at the resort.

In particular, I am glad that the services of the team and the quality of the villa exceeded your expectations. We continuously try to improve our offer to the guests based on expectations and feedback. With regard to your comments on the food please note that this has already been discussed with our culinary team and has been taken on board in a very constructive manner. Thank you for this.

Should you wish to visit Six Senses Zighy Bay or any of our Six Senses Resorts in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Fantastic property that did all the little things very well. You pay a lot, yes, but it's worth it for a very special experience. The villas are understated luxury, lots of space and it's up to you whether you retreat there never to be seen again or venture out into the rest of the retreat to enjoy equally idyllic relaxation. One downer if you have to find something, not a wide range of eating options. Hope to return one day.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear US24

Kindly allow me to express my sincere thanks for your review on the recent visit to Six Senses Zighy Bay this November. I am pleased that you have enjoyed true Omani hospitality in the resort as well as the setting and facilities including the services the team had provided to you. I have also noted your comment regarding the choice of eating options and we will be reviewing this with the culinary team.

I do hope, as you had mentioned, that we are able to welcome you back here in the future. Kindly feel free to contact me directly should you need any assistance in this. Once again, thank you for having stayed at Six Senses Zighy Bay!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Zighy Bay
#2 of 5 in Dibba Al Fujairah
Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort
Sandy Beach Hotel & Resort
Oceanic Khorfakkan Resort & Spa

Been to Six Senses Zighy Bay? Share your experiences!