We spent four nights at this amazing property for the first leg of our honeymoon, and what an experience it was!
From the moment we arrived (via a very scary road over some beautiful mountains), to the moment we departed (reluctantly), the service was perfect - always there if you needed anything, never obtrusive. Our butler, Raghav, was fantastic, as were ALL the staff, absolutely no exceptions, especially the lovely waiter (or 'hosts', as they're called) at the bar who opened a bottle of Bollinger for us one evening and proceeded to serve it all to us for free!
The villas were gorgeous - masses of room and the outstide space was especially wonderful. Even though the temperature and humidity was extremely high when we were there, the pool was always cool. I laughed when our butler referred to it as a 'plunge pool' - it was large engouh to swim laps! The interior definitely has a 'barefoot luxury' feel about it, very rustic but very comfertable. The bath was the biggest I have ever seen and there was a huge indoor shower and a large outdoor shower. The bed was supremely comfertable and the linens were of top qulaity. The six senses group have done a great job with this hotel - all the villas blend in beautifully with the rugged mountains all around and they've gone to great lenghths to ensure that sustainable materials are used wherever possible - no plastic ANYWHERE!
We mainly had our meals at dining on the sand or in the villa. The food was always to a very high standard and as always, the service was fantastic. We didn't dine at 'dining on the edge' as my husband has a severe fear of heights but the general feedback was that it was very good if not a little pricey. The chef has a Michelin star.
I found the prices in general to be pretty standard for a hotel of this nature - expect to spend about £100 on a two course meal for 2 in the evening with a couple of drinks in the restaurant. Cocktails were about £5-6 each and beer was about £4. The ONLY gripe I have about this hotel is the mini-bar prices, which were extrortionate! I'm not tight in the slightest but I do get slightly queasy when I find that the small bag of kettle chips I've just eaten has cost me £4. Especially when they're free at the bar! Ouch!
We used the spa twice and both experiences were out of this world! Mosts of the therapist are Thai and are obviously very highly trained. We left on two little clouds, completely oblivious to anything around us!
I would definitely recommend this hotel for honeymooners as the package is so good. You got a dolphin-watching cruise for 2, an hour's spa treatment for 2, champagne on the beach with canapes at sunset (and not any old rubbish - I think we had Moet, which was £95 if purchsed from the mini bar!), followed by a sumptious and delicious (specially-created menu) four course dinner served to you in your villa, which was especially decorated for the occasion - AMAZING.
As I'm sure you can tell, I'm incredibly imprssed by this hotel and I can be very, very picky. Don't go if you like wondering about outside the resort, eating locally etc cos you just can't do it here, but if pure and utter relaxation and being completely spoilt in stunning surroundings is what you want, then get on that plane! You won't regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The eighteen acres self-contained Zighy Bay is set on a 1 mile (1.6 Kilometers) stretch of sandy beach fringed with rugged dramatic mountains and sea at the northern peninsula of Musandam. It features some of the most beautiful sandy beaches of Zighy Bay, temperate climate both summer and winter including an award-winning Six Senses Spa and Wellness Centre spanned over more than 20,450 square feet (1,900 square meters). As the first Six Senses resort in Middle East, Six Senses Zighy Bay blends exceptional guest experiences with a unique style - authentic, personal, adapt seamlessly to Middle East especially to Omani cultures, sustainable and in harmony with individual surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Six Senses Zighy Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Senses Zighy Bay Hotel Zighy Bay
- 6 Senses Zighy Bay
- Zighy Bay Six Senses Hideaway