Just sat in villa 68 zighy bay as I write! We've had had the most wonderful Honeymoon. It started with a paraglide down to the resort (a surprise from my new hubby) which was superb. The Bulgarian instructor is very friendly and puts you at ease immediately.
We were shown to our wonderful villa by our very nice butler karthik who throughout our stay made sure we were looked after. That evening we decided to have drinks and tapas at the zighy bar which were delicious. When we arrived back we found a chocolate cake on our bed which said congratulations and candles had been placed outside creating the most romantic atmosphere.The next day , the husband & i had an hour long massage at the spa which was heaven.
The next two nights we ate at the spice market - one night from the menu and the other night the
buffet. It was utterly delicious and the staff were fantastic.
On the last night we went to the six senses restaurant where we were greeted by a lovely gentleman who told us all about the restaurant and the menus and was happy to take lots of photos for us. He told us to take in the scenery , take our time and relax - which set the tone for the evening and made us feel very special. THE FOOD WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD! It was lovely to be offered a tour of the kitchen and meet the wonderful team- very nice touch.
ALL IN ALL THIS PLACE IS AMAZING & TOTALLY LUXURIOUS!
If I had one grumble it would be the service charge and tax which is around 18% in total. When you sign your bill there is also a box where you can add gratuity -we had to be careful about how much we spent as this is a once in a lifetime treat for us so unfortunately we could not afford to leave tips (and didn't feel it was right as we paid service charge & tax ) instead we will leave a few dollars in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The eighteen acres self-contained Zighy Bay is set on a 1 mile (1.6 Kilometers) stretch of sandy beach fringed with rugged dramatic mountains and sea at the northern peninsula of Musandam. It features some of the most beautiful sandy beaches of Zighy Bay, temperate climate both summer and winter including an award-winning Six Senses Spa and Wellness Centre spanned over more than 20,450 square feet (1,900 square meters). As the first Six Senses resort in Middle East, Six Senses Zighy Bay blends exceptional guest experiences with a unique style - authentic, personal, adapt seamlessly to Middle East especially to Omani cultures, sustainable and in harmony with individual surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Six Senses Zighy Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 6 Senses Zighy Bay
- Six Senses Zighy Bay Hotel Zighy Bay
- Zighy Bay Six Senses Hideaway