We stayed at Zighy Bay for 10 nights in September 2013 for our honeymoon. The hotel / resort was great and the location is simply amazing. The Villa, the beach and the Spa were the fantastic highlights.
We had a great time but this stay could and i think should have been quite a bit better. This was a once in a lifetime holiday for us so we were disappointed with the lack of communication between the hotel and the travel agent (Kuoni). We had booked a honeymoon package which was supposed to include complimentary full board for the bride including a signature massage and romance bath for two people, mini manicure or pedicure for the bride and a complimentary candlelit dinner and sparkling wine / canapes on arrival. The hotel was not aware of the package and it took them 3 days to confirm full board for my wife and the massages / romance bath (We never got the manicure or our candlelit dinner or sparkling wine). This was obviously very disappointing on our special holiday. I would therefore suggest that if you are visiting on a special package to contact the hotel in advance, not ideal for a world class resort!!
Another couple of points i think i should mention, if you travel on a half board basis, water will not be included with your dinner, instead the hotel makes you pay for water but gives a percentage to charity. We really didn't like this, it felt like a desperate attempt to get us to spend some money. The wine is also incredibly expensive, the cheapest bottle is £40 GBP, the identical bottle at home would cost £4.
Although the service was great, the visits by staff at breakfast (to try to sell you activities) were very frustrating and tacky and did not help my relaxation.
It was a great trip but it should have been better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The eighteen acres self-contained Zighy Bay is set on a 1 mile (1.6 Kilometers) stretch of sandy beach fringed with rugged dramatic mountains and sea at the northern peninsula of Musandam. It features some of the most beautiful sandy beaches of Zighy Bay, temperate climate both summer and winter including an award-winning Six Senses Spa and Wellness Centre spanned over more than 20,450 square feet (1,900 square meters). As the first Six Senses resort in Middle East, Six Senses Zighy Bay blends exceptional guest experiences with a unique style - authentic, personal, adapt seamlessly to Middle East especially to Omani cultures, sustainable and in harmony with individual surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Six Senses Zighy Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 6 Senses Zighy Bay
- Six Senses Zighy Bay Hotel Zighy Bay
- Zighy Bay Six Senses Hideaway