“Paradise in Simplicity”

Six Senses Zighy Bay
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Zighy Bay
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Having travelled around the world in exclusive hotels, I believe Zighy Bay is amongst what I consider the Best ! but not for luxury, not for food , nor for the service...just the best as it combines all you wish to find in a secluded resort with simplicity. The LOVE standards of Six Senses are as usual a must. The quality of the BBQ we requested in our beach villa, the buffets with the home made jams for breakfast...all was just superb.

Room Tip: Beach Villas are a Must. Ask for the villas on the right so that you will be even more secluded and...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TheGastronomist
SS-ZighyBay, General Manager at Six Senses Zighy Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear TheGastronomist

Thank you very much for your very kind review of your stay in October of last year. I am glad that you had enjoyed the stay and that it was a combination of both the services and the facilities of the resort which made a difference. I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back here soon. We constantly are evolving the resort and upgrading facilities to be able to meet expectations at all times. Thank you especially for your compliments on the private BBQ and breakfast.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can assist in any manner for a future return visit.

There are newer reviews for Six Senses Zighy Bay

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We visited in mid august and upon check in to the villa noticed the towels dirty, this was not that much of an issue but then we noticed the dirty shower heads. Full of limescale and this was not to be expected considering this is a possible place for the legionnaires bacteria to grow. The result of which is possible death if the bacteria causes contamination.
I phoned the duty manager and asked for this to be changed. We went for dinner and when we came back we were told a new one had been put in, but upon closer inspection we noticed the dirty shower head had just been pained. I complained to mr patel, who came to the villa and phoned his colleague and told him in hindi (indian language) that these people have found out we have lied to them , what shall we do? I understood this language as I speak hindi also. I complained again and then another manager lied again and told us the paint was just to match the colour scheme. INTEGRITY, NONE SHOWN TO US. we were lied to and we feel this hotel is dangerous. they feed us organic they claim, care for the environment. IS BLACK TOXIC PAINT GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT. I WOULD AVOID THIS PLACE AND CERTAINLY GLAD I DID NOT TAKE THE KIDS TO THIS DIRTY BACTERIA RIDDEN PLACE. lEGIONNAIRES DISEASE IS FATAL AND I WOULD NOT TAKE THE RISK!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank shah702
SS-ZighyBay, General Manager at Six Senses Zighy Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Shah702

Thank you for your review.

First and foremost, kindly allow me to address the issues you have raised with your review of your stay at Six Senses Zighy Bay.

Please note that the resort adheres to the highest international standards with regard to hygiene and maintenance of all of our facilities. Every aspect of the villa is checked by both our housekeeping team and maintenance team prior to every arrival of a guest. As the resort produces it's own water through our own reverse osmosis plant, the water is high in mineral content. This causes, in some occasions, for the shower heads to have some mineral content to be visible in them. This is not lime scale or bacteria. Our manager did explain this to you during your stay.

All the water is tested on a monthly basis from all potential sources (i.e.. shower heads, taps in both the guest and host areas) on a monthly basis by both the local municipality and independent laboratories in the UAE to ensure the health and safety with a proven excellent track record. I can assure you that at no time has the resort been at any risk.

The black paint which is applied to the shower heads and fixtures of the resort also is not of any danger of the resort. We have coated all off our fixtures in the bathrooms with this coating out of aesthetic reasons as this fits into the interior design of the resort. This was also explained to you during your stay.

Whilst I do sincerely apologise for our host speaking in Hindi in front of you, I feel that his comment were misunderstood. We did, upon your request, exchange the shower head and even showed you the previous one. Again, upon your request, the team purchased a new one the next day to have it installed in your villa.

Should you wish to have further clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I can be reached under the email of axel@sixsenses.com.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a retreat away from everything with 1;6 km pure sand beach and warm turquise water.
The service is wonderful and the villas are rustic, keept in Omani style with the typical Six Sense attitude of ecological envirement . They serve good food always trying to do their best . If you can it is worth getting full board all inclusive as it is quite pricy . The omani curruncy is 2 € to 1 .
Know when you go here there is not much else to go see as it is far away from everything.
We requested to be picked up in Dubai instead of the airport wich was accorded , a treat as we where in Dubai already . It was a pleasure staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 70 wich is on the second row and we could still see the beach from our garden .
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Charlotte W W

Kindly allow me to thank you for your glowing review of the resort. I am glad that you enjoyed the authentic feel of the design and the services provided. We do pride ourselves in giving our guests a true Omani experience and maintaining a good relationship with both the village which we share the bay with and the environment.

I do hope we have a chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A truly magical experience aided by exceptional staff who looked after us from the minute we booked the stay, arranging border passes, directions and tips, along with our arrival at the resort where we were greeted by the General Manager and our Butler Katchuc who took care of our every need. Check in was seemless and our luggage was already in our villa when we arrived, which meant we could jump straight in the pool. The Villas themselves were very spacious and we couldn't find anything lacking in the layout or the amenities. Everything requested on our pre arrival questionnaire was in the room. We didn't get to do the sunset cruise as the sea was bit choppy, but they brought the canapes and drinks to our room instead so we could enjoy on the deck instead, which was a great touch. If you have a 4x4 you should do the drive up and over the mountain to the resort yourself- it is a great experience- not for the faint hearted, but adds to the whole experience when you get over the top and zig zag your way down to reception.
Would go back in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: If you don't want to be overlooked, ask for a villa next to other single stories.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Hannah M

Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive review of your stay in August this year. I am glad that the team and I have managed to meet your expectations. We pride ourselves in providing a personalised special experience to our guests for which we do offer the opportunity to let us know, prior to the arrival, of any requests in advance.

Do let me know if, whenever you wish to return, we can do anything for you. The team and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We as a family (with a 4 year old and a 15 year old) stopped here for a week at the beginning of August.
We were picked up from the airport with no problems and there was a child seat provided in the car, the 2 hour journey to the resort was faultless with a very pleasant driver. On arrival we were met by the manager Axel which was a lovely touch ( other hotels take note!) and was given a drink we were introduced to our butler Katek and we were escorted to our beach front villa suite. The villa was all ready for us with 2 extra beds for the children. There was a kettle, fridge, which had water and milk which is complementary soft drinks and beers. There is also a coffee maker. There is a second fridge filled with bottles of wine. There is also a full price list telling how much everything is. There were complementary shampoo shower gel etc and insect repellent in each of the bathrooms. There were 2 flat screen tv with various channels and also dvd players for each one so if you have children take a DVD selection with you. The villa was spacious which we wanted and was cleaned and towels changed twice daily. The splash pool and view were the icing on the cake.
The beach was clean and my idea of heaven, you could sit on the sand and think you were the only person there, with the waves splashing against the beach the sun beating down and a gentle breeze whilst watching the crabs make their homes in the sand and only a stones throw from your villa.
Breakfasts were adequate and the lunches which we had in room dinning were nice sometimes too much food for us but we coped :) the buffet at the spice market there was a lot of choice and there was a child's section with usually chips some kind of pasta and either chicken or fish, did notice that some adults were filling their plates with the chips... The summer house restaurant was very nice and the bar did serve some tapas meals which were lovely. We had the in room beach BBQ one night and that was excellent from the food to the staff. One of the nights went to the restaurant on the mountains edge which was ok. We didn't go on any excursions but they were there if wanted and there was hiking and tennis and various other things you could take part in if you were feeling energetic.
There was a kids club and teen club which did various activities through the day. There is a library where you can swap books including some children's books. Also there is a souvenir shop which in my opinion wasn't worth the shop space selling flip flops, beach cover ups and expensive items like glass wear, pottery etc and could have been utilised a lot better.
We used the spa, and as spa's go was very nice and relaxing.
I didn't see a supermarket or shop selling items you've forgotten or needed on spec eg toiletries, children's items, floats, balls or even sweets for the kids. If I missed it then it wasn't advertised very well.
The journey to our next destination was smooth, and we had a very nice driver, the only thing I would advise is if there is a car seat provided ensure you check that it is actually fastened in and not having to fasten it in 5 minutes into the journey (note to management- ensure that all drivers know how to fix them in the car and fasten them.)
I have read in other reviews that they thought it expensive, well yes it is and in my opinion worth it, and would recommend it to anyone who likes the solitude, uncrowded gorgeous beaches and scenery, from couples to singletons and families alike.
All in all I would like to thank all the staff at zighy bay for a lovely holiday and hope to see you again in the near future.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ladybird220368

I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your visit to Six Senses Zighy Bay! Thank you for your detailed positive review. I have shared your comments with the whole team and have taken your comments regarding our Gallery on board constructively in order to provide a wider selection of items to our guests. I have also briefed our transport teams to ensure that the child seats are checked prior to use for future transfers.

Please do let me know whenever you wish to return or should you wish to visit one of our other Six Senses resorts. I can be reached under the below email address for any future assistance.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We – a family of two adults and two children (6 & 8 years of age) – had stayed at the Resort last year already, and because of our great experience that time decided to return this year in August for 7 days. In short: It was equally pleasant this time, if not better. I am therefore happy to copy below my last year’s review which stands. In particular, the friendliness, efficiency and quality of personal attention by the staff across all departments (be it the butler, the teams at the kids clubs, the F&B staff and management) is absolutely excellent and makes this Six Senses one of our most favorite destinations for a relaxing break. We will come again.

“For those travelling with children: While from its website the resort may not appear to be a particularly children orientated, in fact it is very family and child friendly. It has kid’s club and a teen’s club offering a wide program of activities (can be found and downloaded on their website). Jenny, the host of the kid’s club, is really great with the little ones. In essence, in the morning our children participated in club’s activities giving us – the parents - time to do whatever we wanted to do. In the afternoon was then full family time (even though there was also a children program on offer). In the evening, from 7:30pm onwards, the kid’s clubs shows a children movie (animated / cartoons) to where our children disappeared after their dinner. The restaurants cater for children as well, offering a dedicated children menu with a good variety of healthy dishes. Overall, all staff were very friendly to our children; and knew their first names from the time we arrived.
For those wishing to exercise: Running outside of the resort is possible and enjoyable if one likes it hilly. Additionally / alternatively, one can hire mountain bikes from the resort. The resort also has a decent gym incl. 2 treadmills, cross trainer, bikes, rowing machine and weights and TRX. Timings are from 7am – 9pm. The equipment is in good condition and a gym instructor is available. The main pool – which was mostly empty when we were there – is long enough to do laps.
Food & Beverage: Our favorite was the Summerhouse; everything we tried was excellent.
Guest relation / services: Obviously the facilities are very good; as one can expect from a 5* resort in the Middle East. What makes the resort truly excellent and outstanding is the quality of staff and service combined with the overall sustainability approach of the resort; not only in regards to ecological issues but also to social topics.
Overall verdict: Six Senses Zighy Bay is a great resort for honeymooners, couples and families alike. Would I recommend it to my best friend? Yes“

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
SS-ZighyBay, General Manager at Six Senses Zighy Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Dora_Boots_Swiper

Thank you for your kind review on the return visit to Six Senses Zighy Bay! I have shared your comments already with the kid's club team, your butler and the restaurant teams. With great pleasure I read that you and your family enjoyed this visit and that we were able to meet your expectations a second time. We all look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully soon.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be any assistance. My email is axel@sixsenses.com.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just spent 2 nights at Zighy Bay as a stop over between Canada and Australia. It was an ideal spot to relax for 2 days. The service was excellent. The food at the spice market and summer house was very good. The has a slightly brackish taste but you could order bottled water restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Liltons
SS-ZighyBay, General Manager at Six Senses Zighy Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Liltons

Kindly allow me to personally thank you for your kind comments on your visit this August at the resort.

With pleasure I read that you had enjoyed your brief stay and enjoyed your services and quality of the food in our two restaurants. Upon your next visit, I do hope that you will also have an opportunity to try our fine dining restaurant on the top of the mountain called Sense on the Edge.

Regarding the water, kindly note that the resort produces all of it's own water through a reverse osmosis plant and additional filtration and purification through our crystal water plant. For this reason it might taste differently compared to imported water from other sources. We do this to minimise the carbon footprint of the resort. Rest assured that the water is tested on a monthly basis by independent laboratories in order to ensure it's quality.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should i be of any assistance. I can be reached at axel@sixsenses.com.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Zighy Bay
#2 of 5 in Dibba Al Fujairah
Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort
Sandy Beach Hotel & Resort
Oceanic Khorfakkan Resort & Spa

Been to Six Senses Zighy Bay? Share your experiences!