The stand out feature of this hotel is the cooking of James Knoght-Pacheco at the restaurant above the main resort - Sense on the Edge. His cooking would command one, possibly two, Michelin stars in Paris or London. Favourite dishes in two visits included a crab and avocado starter on the tasting menu; Farkhar - a local fish dish - with exquisite balance between the firm white fish and a citrus sauce; a deconstructed fruit crumble light enough to tease the palate but not to lie heavy on the stomach. Visiting this restaurant is a must for any kind of foodie at the resort.
Food at the main restaurants was of an acceptable standard for a luxury resort though, perhaps to accommodate children, there are more buffets than is ideal.
At the time of our visit, the failure to provide an adequate wifi service was a serious failure. The hotel manager said that the service would be upgraded during April 2013. Dear trip advisor please knock my rating down a notch if it isn't sorted by May.
Beach is good and service levels are high. Air conditioning is very noisy - fortunately in our visit we were able to manage using just the room fans. The sitting areas and plunge pools for each room are delightful. Bathrooms are generally adequate but the baths themselves are too big for regular use so its really a shower room.
Spa was rated excellent by my wife but was too busy for me to fight for a slot.
I will happily go again while James is cooking at Sense on the Edge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The eighteen acres self-contained Zighy Bay is set on a 1 mile (1.6 Kilometers) stretch of sandy beach fringed with rugged dramatic mountains and sea at the northern peninsula of Musandam. It features some of the most beautiful sandy beaches of Zighy Bay, temperate climate both summer and winter including an award-winning Six Senses Spa and Wellness Centre spanned over more than 20,450 square feet (1,900 square meters). As the first Six Senses resort in Middle East, Six Senses Zighy Bay blends exceptional guest experiences with a unique style - authentic, personal, adapt seamlessly to Middle East especially to Omani cultures, sustainable and in harmony with individual surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Six Senses Zighy Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 6 Senses Zighy Bay
- Six Senses Zighy Bay Hotel Zighy Bay
- Zighy Bay Six Senses Hideaway