We stayed in the Zighy for 10 nights in the month of April. Although the hotel wasn't completely finished yet, we had a great time.
The thing that amazed me the most, was the location. After stayed at a lot of other six senses hotels in idyllic locations, we were not to sure about this new six senses location in the mountains of Oman. Indeed there isn’t any green vegetation, but the beach is maybe the most beautiful we’ve already seen in a six senses hotel. For people who like to walk, the beach is perfect. Also the sea is great to swim in, with no rocks at all.
We had a beachfront pool villa suite, which was huge. In my opinion it’s really necessary to book for a beachfront villa, because it’s really amazing to just walk out of your villa, straight to the sea. The pool villas and pool villa suites are the rooms to go for in my opinion, unless you’re with at least four people, then you should go for the Zighy pool villas. But there is definitely no need to book a Zighy pool villa with just two people, because actually it’s just a pool villa suite with a second bedroom on the second story. I think you should avoid the deluxe pool villas, because they are much smaller then a pool villa suite, they don’t have beachfront location and they are extremely expensive (I really don’t understand why they should cost 500 euros/night more then a pool villa suite, because I would always prefer the latter).
The only small downside we think is the food. Although we had a very good dinner every night, we thought it was not up to six senses standard. But I’m quite sure their new restaurant on the hill (see picture) will be amazing and definitely up to six senses standard (opening around the first of May, I think). Bites, their fish restaurant, will take still a few months for completion (actually construction haven’t begun yet, so except completion by the end of 2008). I think you should go to the current restaurant (Dining on the Sand) especially for the barbecue dishes. When you can each daily catched grilled lobsters at 35 euros, you should not complain to much. But we thought the themes night like Italian and Wok night were not that good (although I really like these type of food).
Something they should work on too, is there butler service. It works great at other six senses (especially soneva hotels), but here it’s totally useless. You hardly see them, and they don’t know anything. At other six senses resorts they take care of the daily operations (advise and booking of spas, advice and booking of tours, reserving the table anywhere you want, …), but here they don’t do any of these things, or don’t know anything about it. But to me, that the butlers service isn’t working very well, is not a big problem for me.
But except for two or three dinners, we had an amazing stay at the Zighy. It’ an amazing hotel away from the busy UAE. In my opinion you should stay here at least 6 nights, because you really need a few days until you got totally relaxed. And if there is one thing six senses resorts manage to do, then it’s relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The eighteen acres self-contained Zighy Bay is set on a 1 mile (1.6 Kilometers) stretch of sandy beach fringed with rugged dramatic mountains and sea at the northern peninsula of Musandam. It features some of the most beautiful sandy beaches of Zighy Bay, temperate climate both summer and winter including an award-winning Six Senses Spa and Wellness Centre spanned over more than 20,450 square feet (1,900 square meters). As the first Six Senses resort in Middle East, Six Senses Zighy Bay blends exceptional guest experiences with a unique style - authentic, personal, adapt seamlessly to Middle East especially to Omani cultures, sustainable and in harmony with individual surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Six Senses Zighy Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 6 Senses Zighy Bay
- Six Senses Zighy Bay Hotel Zighy Bay
- Zighy Bay Six Senses Hideaway