This hotel felt more like a home. It is cozy with 7 rooms, a restaurant, a lounge complete with mini library and billiards, and a small beachfront and mini pier. The beach isn’t white sand but made of volcanic rocks. However, I found crabs in the coastline! That is perhaps proof that the coastline is alive and pristine in state. Quite true to its name as well because the resort seem hidden. It may be located on the main road but you have to walk further into what seems to be a forest but with a nice garden to get to the reception area. You know you are in once you are greeted by 2 German Shepherd dogs in their cage!
Tom, the owner of the resort is very helpful. He is quite hands-on with everything. In fact, when we arrived at the hotel, he was the first one I saw and greeted me. He already knew who I was so he greeted me by my name. You don’t get that kind of greeting in other hotels so that was quite special. He was supervising the cleaning up of one of the rooms so that my group can check-in early. We arrived there earlier than expected and exhausted from a very long trip so we really appreciated that.
Tom knows Camiguin like no other. I got all my tips from him. It was a welcome change to interact with a foreigner who knows more about my country than me! I sensed that he really loves the Philippines, and in fact he married a Filipina. I felt privileged to know such person.
Secret Cove caters mostly to Europeans so we kind of knew what we were getting into. Their restaurant caters to Europeans as well. Most menus are for Europeans and quite expensive. I was with my friends and they wanted Filipino food so we ended up eating outside of the hotel all the time. Anyway, along the main road are tons of restaurants to choose from.
Location of the Secret Cove is perfect. It is near White Island. In fact, White Island can be seen from the beach front. It is a must to visit White Island if you are going to Camiguin.
The rooms are really nice and quiet. The bed is excellent and so is the hot shower. I had really nice night sleeps on that bed. Waking up with a view of the ocean and the White Island is nice as well. The rates are attractive so for budget travellers, this hotel is for you. But be advised that the rates do not include breakfast.
For the budget conscious who wants a laid-back hotel with nice bare essentials, this hotel is for you. However, if you want a bigger hotel with more facilities, then book somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quiet Quality resort well known for its excellent kitchen & bountiful bar, ideally located five (5) kilometers from the Mambajao Airport on an acre of land fronting the Bohol Sea and picturesque White Island. We are a Canadian / Filipina owned & managed seven (7) room dive resort with a very good restaurant, well stocked bar, a games room with billiards and a small library. We cater to tourists, scuba divers, adventure tourists and travelers who would like a comfortable place to relax. We are D.O.T. accredited and have been D.O.T. accredited since September 2000. Bida & Tom Solski ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Secret Cove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Cove Beach Hotel Mambajao
- Secret Cove Beach Resort Camiguin/Mambajao