“Flaws in Service”
Review of Paras Beach Resort

Paras Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Mambajao
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed here last Feb 6-7 '14, overnight stay in a family loft. We're a group of 5 so family loft is just exactly what we need. It has two queen size bed and 1 sofa bed for PhP 3500/night. We got it for only PhP3150 since they have a promo when we reserved. The promo is 10% discount for family loft when booked during Nov-Dec, 2013 period and travel is Jan-Mar, 2014. I hope they always have promotions like this. The room is spacious, clean and comfortable.

One thing I would like to review or comment about is their service in the restaurant. We had our dinner and breakfast in their Hibok-hibok restaurant. It took several minutes for them to serve our dinner. At first I thought it was fine since it was dinner and it will take a while to prepare the meal. But when we had our breakfast the next day, it took ONE HOUR to serve our food. Really?! When we asked the server why it took one hour, he reasoned that there were a huge group of people who had their breakfast reserved, days ahead. So? Is that a valid argument? Yes, they need to serve them first since they have a reservation, but they should have at least anticipated the situation. They should have prepared in advance or add more chefs since they also have other guests in the resort. I was truly disappointed with that kind of service and with their staff. Instead of apologizing for what happened, the staff reasoned out. Is this the correct way to treat guests? They should have also informed us that it will take long to serve the food, at least we could have prepared our things first then return back to the restaurant. Then that ONE HOUR WAITING won't be a waste of time. Because of that breakfast incident, we started our Camiguin tour late, which cause us to hurry our bathe in Ardent hot spring so that we won't be late with our check out. 12nn is the check out time. We still checked out by 12.40pm, besides it all began with their late service.

To the management, please train your personnel to be organized. To the staffs, show respect to guests and their time.

4  Thank Meg R

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Paras Beach Resort is quite far from the Benoni Port in Camiguin island however, you won't regret the view and ambiance it can offer. Paras Resort is just a 10-minute boat ride to the famous Camiguin White Island sand bar so traveling to the white island either early morning, around 4:30 AM, to late afternoon, 6PM, is not a hassle. Hotel rooms are spacious and well-ventilated and well-airconditioned. Staff are very accommodating and there are also free sports amenities like billiards and table tennis.

Two thumbs up for a wonderful stay! Visit www.travelandcount.com for more details!

Room Tip: Loft type rooms or their family rooms are worth the price.
2  Thank Danilo O
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The resort has its own swimming pool, a cove and a boat ride awau to the white island. The rooms vary from your standard rooms, family rooms and villas. The staff are friendly and willing to help. The food is excellent and the dive pro is awesome! will recommend to others!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Brunohits
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Don't stay in Paras Beach Resort if you will bring your own vehicle to Camiguin because they don't have a parking space which is not acceptable for a very expensive hotel.

We stayed in the hotel last February 23 to February 25, 2014 in their ocean view rooms. When I did my reservations, they did not informed me that the room was on the fourth floor without elevator. They knew that I'm staying with a one year old toddler because I told the person on the phone that we have a 1 year old child, going up & down in the stairs is not that easy with the toddler. When I called their receptionist, his attention is not on me, he is entertaining somebody, it is such an awful character. When I asked if I could change my room, they said there's a cancellation fee for the room. Some of the staff are not so friendly and they look at me like I'm a trash.

The room we stayed is clean but their corridors are not clean at all.

The food servings are quite big but they don't taste that good. One of the male food staff told me that if I wanted my breakfast to be delivered to our room there's a 10% delivery charge, but when I look at the bill, I could not find it, he just wanted a tip in which we always give. Their restaurant is not tidy and clean, it looks like a 0 star restaurant.

Since we brought our own vehicle, every time we will go out of the hotel, the guards always asked us if we will still go back in the hotel. They thought that we will leave the hotel without paying our bills, for the beach resorts information we paid our bills the night before we left. When I paid my bills they did not immediately give me a receipt, they just stamped the bill "PAID".

The hotel needs renovation, it is an average stay. If we will go back to Camiguin we will try other hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Scottie B
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We've only stayed in Paras Beach Resort overnight and I am just glad that this is the resort we booked during our 2days trip to Camiguin. After a tiring day tour it is really nice to be able to sleep well in their very comfortable beds. I just love the linens and the pillows which is like those from a 4 star hotel and gave me a good night sleep. We occupied the family loft which sleeps 6person with just P3500. I think the room is just worth the money. Plus you can also relax at their pool or play pingpong and billiards. The best part of the resort is it is just merely 10mins boat ride to White Island.

The staff are attentive as well, but not all nice and smiley compared to other resorts that I've visited but they're not that bad either.

3  Thank irene_qt14
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Close to Camiguin Sand Bar ( White Island ). There's not much you could expect from the beach since it's rocky. Rooms are okay. Breakfast selections was not that impressive but could be considered.Staff was friendly and are willing to assist. The man who assisted us during the banana boat was friendly and we really had fun. However, there is not much maintenance in the rooms. They could probably improve their breakfast since there is not much of a selection. Maybe they could add more seafood selection to their menu ( variety )

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hopefulgalavant
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times now and I will continue to do so when I visit Camiguin. Rooms are always tidy with new sheets and towels. The staff attends to your needs at all times. Food is great and not that pricey. Pool is always inviting. Best of it all, it's just 5 minutes away from white island.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank wanderlustph
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mambajao
Camiguin Highland Resort
Camiguin Island Golden Sunset Beach Club
Caves Dive Resort
Caves Dive Resort
#7 of 9 in Mambajao

Been to Paras Beach Resort? Share your experiences!