“Great location, centralized.”
Review of Paras Beach Resort

Paras Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Mambajao
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a luxurious place, look elsewhere. If you're looking to be comfortable and have great amenities while you're on the island, this is the place to be. The location of the hotel is very convenient. You're just a few minutes boat ride to White Island. You have lots of activities to choose from. The staff are all so friendly, their service is great. The food was delectable. The views are spectacular especially from the view deck. The rooms weren't crammed, had enough space to accommodate quite a bit of people. All in all our stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Izrah T

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were welcomed with a drink and a souvenir item upon arrival. We were really tired from the ferry ride from Cagayan De Oro, so I appreciated the warm welcome.

It's nice that the hotel provides towels that you can use outdoor, even as you go out of the hotel to explore the island. They have a nice pool, an open air restaurant, billiards table, poolside bar, table tennis to keep you busy while in the hotel. They don't really have a "beachfront" for swimming--they use it as port for the boat that will take you to the famous white island.

Because we were travelling as a group, we booked the Family Loft room, but there is no separate aircon at the loft room but an exhaust fan that looks like an electric fan. It may be too hot up there if we went there in the summer.

Also, it takes sooo long for the restaurant to serve food, it would be very good if you order food in advance (order your dinner after lunch and before you explore the island) so that your food is ready when you get back from all the activities.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ellaine D
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The place is nowhere near posh but has all the conveniences you could reasonably expect on this island (though wifi was rather dodgy and available only in the restaurant/reception area). We stayed in a family loft which worked out well enough with our 4 kids except for the sharing of one bathroom part. The pool was nice enough although a friend we were travelling with (we travelled with some friends) complained that the common bathroom was backed up and dirty. Another friend had a problem with reception as they couldn't be given a room with a beach view although one had previously been reserved for them. The food in the restaurant was so-so but to begin with, I didn't have very high expectations of the place, so I was pretty much satisfied. Also, the location by the beach (take note though that there isn't much of a sandy beach but more like a small wharf from which boats ferry people to the famous sand bar nearby) is the closest you can get to the white sand bar. The sandbar itself is only a novelty if you haven't been to one. Can't really linger there as there is nothing to protect you from the harsh sun. Overall, I can't complain as I'm told this is as good an accommodation as any among those beachside. If I do go back, there's supposed to be a nicer resort near the hilly center of the island.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank hav4wannatravel
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I did not stay at the hotel but I dive with Johnny's Dive and Fun.

Before my trip, I have already written to Johnny’s Dive that I would like to do just a single dive with them and since I am alone, I wonder will they even entertain me.

I do not have much hope but to my surprise, they entertain my request and are willing to assign a dive master to dive with me.

The rate is P1100 for one dive and P300 for rental equipment for a day and P100 for environmental fees. I find the rates very reasonable.

When I reach back to the mainland from White Island, the dive master Duya is already waiting for me.

He walk me to the dive shop and start to gear up.

The wetsuit is a little old but still ok. Equipment is all in good condition. The staff load up the equipment on the banca and our dive site is actually the White Island.

It was a great dive and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Duya is a good dive master. He really take good care of me in the water and I would recommend him.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank mousehunt
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed on a room with 2 queen size on the 2nd floor near the street. Room nice, clean and comfy. Food in the restaurant were good. Located along the beach front facing the White Island sandbar.

Swimming pool large enough to accommodate their guest. Billards and table tennis facility available. They also arrange our boat ride to and pro the White Island. Staff were well trained and attends to your needs very well.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lito R
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed at one of the garden rooms on the first floor. Big double room with a super comfy bed and lounge chair, spacious bathroom, nice nature-inspired design. Best sleep I had during our stay there. Food was good, too. It had a big, well-maintained garden with a great view of the sea.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Arianne C
Reviewed November 14, 2012

we booked one family loft for an overnight stay last october. we were greeted by friendly staff giving souvenier necklaces and welcome drinks upon arrival. the rooms were big considering that we are 6 adults and 2 kids. the food in the resto were good, kids enjoyed the swimming pool and white island is just 5 mins away from the resort. staffs were friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank qtlen18
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mambajao
Camiguin Highland Resort
Bahay Bakasyunan Sa Camiguin
Caves Dive Resort
Caves Dive Resort
#6 of 8 in Mambajao

Been to Paras Beach Resort? Share your experiences!