“Is Paras Beach Resort good for a Family Holidays?”
Review of Paras Beach Resort

Paras Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Mambajao
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Is Paras Beach Resort good for a Family Holidays?”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My answer is YES! This is one of the best places to stay and relax in Philippines. A visit is not complete without going to the crystal clear White Island beach. It’s so clean and so natural beauty of Camiguin.

I was planning to take my family for a vacation treat. After searching and a lot of browsing, I finally decided to try Camiguin Island and booked at Paras Beach Resort for a two (2) night stay. This resort is really one of the best in the island.

Upon arrival: We we’re greeted by the staff and given the service more than I expected. I was amazed and surprised because a souvenir necklace gift was given to all of us upon check in. I never experience this treatment before.

Welcome drink: We we’re escorted to our Loft Room and soon the Fresh Fruit Juice were delivered. That was fantastic.

Room: It was clean and neatly arranged with some fresh flower on top of the duvet cover. They call it Loft Room good for family and can accommodate six (6) people. Bathroom is clean and amenities are good. I mean it’s in order.

Swimming Pool: Is clean and friendly for everyone. Life jackets are provided for free for children.
Restaurant: Food is great but little bit pricey.

Beach: The beach in the resort not advisable for swimming but just opposite the resort you will see the White Island and enjoy the splash of waves. It is only boat away and very clean.

Service: Staff was so polite, attentive, speak English well and always Smiling:).

Result: Happy experience and my family totally enjoy and had so much fun in our entire stay plus island side trips.

Over all, this resort plus the white island is one of the BEST in Camiguin, Philippines!

Room Tip: If you are group of 6 or family, I will recommend Loft Room :)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Travel_World_Journey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The pool and the gardens were well maintained. Always clean. We enjoyed that a lot. However, their staff personalities leave a lot to be desired. When we arrived with our luggage, the guard at the gate entrance just looked at us. No welcome, no smile, no response. We told him we'd like to check in, and he just pointed us to front desk. We had to ask him to get someone to help with our bags. At the front desk, we didn't feel any welcome either. Sure, they had the standard welcome drink and some sort of Leigh (I think they expect us to wear it at all times to identify us as guests? ). But there was no smiles, no friendly gestures. everyone at the front desk seemed unhappy and uncaring towards the guests. They were unhelpful when we asked information about yours and places to visit. No enthusiasm at all. The room was so dark, they use really low wattage lamps and the windows are tinted. Teteng, the housekeeper was the only staff who greets us with a smiles and cheerfully says"good morning" to the guests. All the other staff were dragging their feet. We truly felt unwelcome and a burden to the staff. They need trainingat people skills!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank tuttipr
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I traveled with my friends (8 of us) and we stayed in their dormitory rooms. The dormitory rooms can accommodate 12 people. Cost per night is about 142 USD per night or 6K pesos per night. The resort is also just 5-8 minutes from White Island (shows up during low tide). There are amenities like swimming pool, billiard and ping-pong tables.

Food service is not great - we waited for 30 mins or more for the food to arrive. It's also not of value. You can go outside to Luna where you can eat Italian dishes. It's just 5 minute walk. There's only 1 bath room in the dormitory room. If you want, you can go to the public bath room at the ground floor to take a bath. At that time, there were no curtains in the shower stalls.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed for one night since our tour is a 3-day CDO-Iligan-Camiguin the itenerary is very hectic. In my opinion, the resort is one of the best in Camiguin if not the best. The amenities are very good. Wifi connection is available at the lobby and bar area. Meals are superb. Activities are a bit expensive compared to indepent providers in the area. But for convinience you may want to avail some services in the resort. Paras is the nearest resort in White Island. Visitors will be given a souvenir necklace upon entering the frontdesk which is very warm I guess. The resort comes with high recommendation. Keep it up!

Room Tip: Choose a room near the infinity pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tonyph08
Manila
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Resort facilities are good. They have many rooms with complete amenities and very comfortable bed, comforter & pillows. Food is also good with many choices, The resort doesn't have its own beachfront where you can readily swim. You need to travel via boat (for free) to go to another island (just 10 minutes away) across the resort. It is called "White Island" due to its white, powdery sand & crystal clear water. However, you can only go to this island during morning 'coz it sinks in the afternoon. They also have a pool, recreation area, and a small store. The resort frontage though doesn't look that good. Customer service is great especially the tour guide/driver of the service vehicle that took us to the different attractions in the island. Overall, our stay in the resort was good except for the meeting room / board room which smelled so "old". It seemed like the room was not used for years...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LADYMMC
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We are very contented !!! Fast and good services !!! Delicious foods especially their fried chicken !!! Friendly staffs !!! We highly recommend this beach resort in Camiguin !!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Ok first and only problem I had with my stay was the booking, you have to do a bank transfer and this is painful, as there was a lack of information re swift codes, BUT I have just booked again and they list all there codes and even western union transfer information. Thumbs Up

The three of us had a wonderful time on Camiguin and the Paras was I think the best first impression to have of this island, whilst we where there it would appear that they where revamping the cottages and giving the whole place a lick of paint so she will look even better.

All of the staff where very helpful and friendly and sitting with the ocean view whilst having your meals is just so relaxing.

The rooms we had where wonderful, especially the ocean view room - Awesome view to take in from the balcony, but note there are a lot of stairs to get there so if you are not up to climb you may have a difficult time, I carried my girl friend on my back all the way, including the spiral stair case, but then again I did have a couple of Red Horse beers.

Oh yes OMG this would be the only Resort where I would say drink from the mini bar, compared to where i am from Beer was half the price i would pay from the bottle shop let alone from a hotel mini bar

Loved our stay and we are coming back at the end of July

Room Tip: I have not found a quiet AC unit in the Philippines yet, I am a light sleeper, but i got good night...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rodney F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mambajao
Camiguin Highland Resort
Bahay Bakasyunan Sa Camiguin
Caves Dive Resort
Caves Dive Resort
#7 of 9 in Mambajao

Been to Paras Beach Resort? Share your experiences!