“Ardent Hot Springs Review”

Ardent Hot Springs Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mambajao
Ardent Hot Springs Resort
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Pros:
Not so far from hotels/ inn. Entrance fee is only 30 PHP.

Cons:
Not so hot - was expecting a Hot spring and Not a lukewarm one.
Over crowded - lots of kids, locals, drunk men, families.
Vicinity: Ok, average cleanliness
Food: Ok - average.
Note: I did not stay/ sleep in the resort. Just visited the hot spring to cap off my day.

Note: Not accessible or recommended without transportation. I hired a motorbike and driver to wait for me after I'm done.

Overall, cannot recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank HMix

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We came all the way from Davao, Philippines. We traveled for about 15 hours, and after half a day of sight-seeing, this was the best way to end the day. We did not expect it to be so full, but there were really alot of people! And who can blame them, for an entrance fee of 30 pesos! Our dormitory-type room was great! For 3,000+ pesos, we had a room good for 7. It was air conditioned, we had our own bathroom (don't expect a hot and cold shower though) and even a veranda.

The water was not as warm as I was expecting though. You need to find a good spot by the stone walls, right where the water is coming, to feel the warm water soothing against your backs. It is a great place to chat with your friends and relax the night away.
Be sure to bring a towel because when you get out from the water and the night air hits you - the warmth from the spring is replaced by chills.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank MissGlobeTrotter24
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Perfect place to relax and have a chat with family. My father had a great time swimming.
Clean and amiable staff.
cheap entrance fee-- I could not even remember how much I paid for 7 people.
I plan to go back to this place and spend more time.

Room Tip: You do not have to pay for the entrance fee for the driver. Lower right side pool is the hottest.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were able to visit the Ardent Fall, when I was still a child and the memory was so strong I'd really like to go back. Was always looking forward to it since then. And now that I can support my own travel I am so excited to revisit the enchanted Ardent Spring Resort.

We plan to book ourselves for 2-3 days at the Ardent Hot Spring Resort. I know there are rooms that are air conditioned and some are not. We plan to get the airconditioned ones. As I remember the rooms are medium sized but comfy. There are pools to choose from. The luke warm pool which is also somehow the Kid's pool, is situated on the lower level. The medium hot pool which is also quite deep if you get far enough is on the upper part of the Kid's Pool. The really hot pool is just a small cylindrical pool good enough to fit about 10 people is situated at the side of the Kid's pool.

What I like the most about the Ardent Spring Resort is the thought of having a pool underneath the shady trees which gives it a magical aura. I fell like I'm bathing in the pools where the God's are taking their baths once a long-long time before.

Oh I just can't wait to visit it again.

Room Tip: You can choose the rooms near the pool area. One reason is that its very near the pool, its just a w...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2013

If you are looking for a place to relax after a long of work or travel, Ardent hot spring is the place. I was staying in Mambajao and if you travel alone you have to pay more,so I paid a motorela for 150 pesos round trip. It was already late around 7pm and it's hard to find a motorela around that time. I feel safer taking a motorela than a single motorcycle for my trip to the hot spring because I can lean on the side and it's not too cold since you are in the side car.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ann M
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Entrace fee is P30 which is fair. Driver gets in for free (I think... because our driver was not charged entrance).

The place is really clean. There were lots of people already in all the pools but we still braved the crowded pools and it was worth it. Yes, the water is warm in Ardent hot springs. There are 7 pools and we first went to the pool situated at the 2nd highest area (which had the least number of people) and found the water warm but not quite to the temperature that we want. We transferred to the first pool to the left and this is where we enjoyed the most (someone tipped us that this is the pool with the warmest water)... the water was really, really warm and soothing... almost like getting a massage, it was that good, notwithstanding so many people in the pool.

We went during the Christmas holidays, so it is understandable that there were so many people. And I would go back again given the chance and maybe check in next time in their rooms just to enjoy the pools when they are no longer open to the public (they close the pools to non-guests by 10pm). This made my Camiguin trip so enjoyable.

We ate at the restaurant within the resort for dinner as well. The prices were reasonable and the food pretty good. There were 7 of us and all of us were so full afterwards. We ended up paying only less than P1000 for the whole set which included Crispy Pata, Garlic Chicken Wings, Fried Chicken, rice, Minute Maid juice and others.

We also checked out the rooms. The attendant was very friendly and kind. The rooms were small but very clean. The attendant mentioned that some cottages were newly renovated and had we stayed there (we already checked in at another hotel), we would have been the 4th guests to avail of the room since its renovation. The CR is small but the beds were comfortable and clean. At P1200, the cottage good for 2 with air-conditioning is a steal. There's no TV though in the rooms. (But who needs TV in Camiguin? You are too tired from all the swimming that the stay in a hotel is really just for sleeping.)

I will definitely go back!

Room Tip: Cottage 4A and 4B are newly renovated rooms, according to the attendant. :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family