“Everything we expected and more”

Headland Tropicana Resort
Wellington, New Zealand
“Everything we expected and more”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

From the minute I saw your website I had a great gut feeling about your accommodation.
When I called, I got fantastic service and you went out of your way to move people so we could be close to the friends we were travelling with.
On our arrival we were made to feel very welcome, in your pool and bbq area we met lots of lovely people who said were regulars (which I can see why now)
Our room was everything we wanted from your star rating and more.
I could not be happier with my visit to the Headlands Tropicana and want to thank you so much for all you did to make us welcome.
PS I thought your information book was the best I had ever read.
We try to get over to Brisbane 3-4 times per year and usually stay at higher star resorts (before kids lol) however I LOVED your place, it was simple, clean, friendly and EXACTLY what it promised to be.
THANK YOU, we will be telling our friends and returning ourselves 8)
(our friends room was a little more tired than ours, however in comparison to other places I have stayed at I would recommend this to all wanting a great family holiday) Great walking distance to beach, shops and parks 8)

Room Tip: There was a party going on a few doors down which was noisy however the resort itself was very quite...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Airlie Beach, Australia
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Thanks guys! My kids and I had a great time at your resort. Every day the kids came back to the room prunes from many hours spent in your pools, which they seemed to spend more time in than at the beaches which are just across the road! The pool is one of the cleanest pools Ive ever been in. The staff are on to that one well. The room was clean and a great size and had all the bits and pieces you would expect in a self contained unit, and for groceries, the shops are just up the road. The owners are a laugh and always willing to help out (and laugh we did). The BBQ is ALWAYS clean and in a great spot to have a chat with other guests or make new friends, which my kids did too.
Ill certainly recommend Headland Tropicana to my family and friends.... and anyone!

Room Tip: I like the upstairs rooms with a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed March 14, 2011

We recently stayed at the Headland Tropicana, for the third time, with our daughter and her family of 3 young children. What a difference the new owners have made - gone is the easy going atmosphere of a holiday by the beach - try being charged $5.00 (hire) for an extra towel, or .70c for an additional roll of toilet paper! Don't know what people are prepared to do if they wash their hair after a swim.

Clearly the new owners are looking for every opportunity to make a few extra shekels. The 3 day booking of a 3 bedroom apartment on the top floor of 3 will be remembered for the masses of ants in the kitchen and bathroom, no washing up liquid, 2 minute pieces of soap, a globe out in the second bedroom and lugging suitcases etc. up steep stairs. They've lost us for future weekends on the Sunshine Coast.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Diedre_11
Tropicana274, Owner at Headland Tropicana Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2011
In all fairness we would like people reading this review to know that we have not changed any charges since taking over as managers 18 months ago. The $5 clean/hire charge for beach towels and the 70 cent charge for extra toilet paper, or the size of the complimentary soaps are exactly the same. Being self contained apartments means we do not service apartments or 'give away' the supplies required by guests during their stay. The overwhelming majority of our guests are aware of this and they are only more than happy to return to this fantastic complex...
Central Coast Nsw
Reviewed February 21, 2010

I Have Stayed In This Hotel Every February For The Past Few Years And Recently Got Back From A Once Again Great Stay.
The First Night Being A Friday Was Very Noisy As Young People Were Everywhere BUt Besides That Its Generaly Pretty Quite.
The Room I Stayed In This Year Was A One Bedroom On The Ground Floor. Lovly Room Only Odd Thing Was There Was No Coffee Table.
As New Owners Own It Since I Last Stayed The Place Is Being Renovated And I Cant Wait To See How It Turns Out!
The Pool At The Tropicana Is Always At The Perfect . Its Never To Cold And Can Always Jump Straight In.
Location Is Right Across The Road From The Beach And A Short Drive To The Plaza.
Theres A Coles Very Close By So you Never Have To Go to Far.
Staff Are Very Polite And Helpful In Everyway They Can Be.
I Would Defiantly Recommed Staying Here If Your Staying At The Sunshine Coast.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 27, 2009

We stayed 2 nights in mid February in a one bedroom apartment. The apartment was large and well equipped. You will get coffee and tea/milk only for the first night. Further supplies can be purchased at the reception. We bought food at Coles which is about 1km away. Reception is open until 5pm only and $40 will be charged if you require assistance after 10pm. If you leave garbage in the apartment upon departure or leave the apartment untidy a cleaning fee has to be paid.
We found the place rather noisy, particularly the traffic noise is substantial, even after midnight (we stayed Fri to Sun).
The hosts seem to be great gardeners as you’ll find nice flower and plants all over the place. We did like the palm trees right in front of our balcony.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
NZ
Reviewed October 20, 2008

Spent 4 nights here in October and thought it was a great spot halfway between Mooloolaba and Alexandra Headland beaches. Easy to find on arrival, clean, spacious 2 bedroom unit. If you're looking for something at a affordable rate and don't get fussed by 'up to the minute decor' then this is a great option. I'm sure like many places each unit can be different, but i couldn't find fault with the unit we were allocated. They outdoor pool is beautiful, and the atmosphere of a low level complex made it appealing. Short walk to the shops/dining and either beach.
Couldn't find anything to be negative about here, staff friendly and helpful too.

• Liked — Outdoor pool
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank CocoNZ
Upper Hutt, New Zealand
Reviewed May 13, 2008

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights mid April. It was easy to find along the beach road although entry to the carpark was at rear with the key we had to get from the front reception first. Our room was lovely and the establishment quiet and safe, with good security measures. The management were friendly and it looked like a bit of upgrading of facilities was taking place. Lovely views and easy walking distance to superb shopping. Convenient location for visiting the Sunshine Coast.

• Liked — Comfortable and secure
  • Disliked — Microwave didn't work properly
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
#6 of 7 in Alexandra Headland
Oceans Mooloolaba
Oceans Mooloolaba
#4 of 16 in Mooloolaba

Been to Headland Tropicana Resort? Share your experiences!