“Great Fish & Chips”

Chumley Warner's Traditional British Fish and Chips
“Great Fish & Chips”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

This delightful shop makes some the best fish and chips I have ever tasted. I had the mini cod and chips and my wife had 3 croquettes. The cod was about the size you get from other places and the chips had been hand cut. The batter was really crunchy and the chips were just right.

The croquettes were unreal also. I bought as a side a large curry sauce. This sauce is one of the best curry sauces I've ever had.

We can't wait to go back and sample more of the menu.

Brisbane, Australia
“Way too salty chips”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

The chips are excellent and as close to British as you can get over here. Sadly they were so salty on both occasions we visited that they bordered on inedible. Sausage in batter was nice though not very similar to what I am used to back in England. I would definitely go again but will ask to put my own salt on in future.

1 Thank purley23
Brisbane
“Best fish and chips in Australia!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've been here several times on my way home from the Sunshine Coast and can't praise them enough! Absolutely the best fish and chips I've tasted in years and the service was fantastic, too! I found their "mini haddock and chips" was not very mini but large enough for an adult, their standard portions are enormous. Plenty of carparking and a small park very close by if you don't want to eat in or just outside the shop itself, which is located in a small shopping centre. Definitely worth a short detour, or a long one for that matter, if you are travelling up or down the Sunny Coast and want to know what real fish and chips should taste like.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Gonefishingagain
Brisbane Region, Australia
“Just right”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Best proper fish and chips I've tasted in Australia - and as close to a proper chippy you'll find.

Black pudding is great although it's battered? Never seen that before. Wasn't too impressed with the haggis but the pies are wonderful if you manage to get there for the few that are cooked properly rather than having a microwaved version.

Only downside is having to wait as everything is cooked to order as in other Aussie chippies. Would be better if it was like a real English chippy where you can walk in and out 2 minutes later with your wonderful fish and chips

Overall the food is great but the wait gets tiresome

1 Thank Longhaul747
Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia
“Took me back home to the UK - Fantastic”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

When I used to live in the Brisbane area I used to regularly visit Chumley Warner's in Brisbane,
It was definitely the best Fish & Chips in the Brisbane area
However after moving over 3 hours drive north I really missed their fish & chips
Therefore when I heard that a Chumley Warner's was opening on the Sunshine coast I was overjoyed.
We visited the new shop & was surprised that the fish & chips seemed to taste even better than the Birkdale shop
Proper chips (not frozen ones that every Australian chip shop seems to sell) as well as a good selection of imported fish such as Haddock, Cod & Plaice
It brought back a lot of memories seeing things like mushy peas, curry sauce as well as all the UK style soda's such as Irn Bru, Tizer, Tango etc.

I got talking to Stewart the owner who very kindly gave his time to have a talk to the wife & I, he even let us have a look around the prep. areas etc. Spotlessly clean & well organised

It may not be the cheapest Fish & Chips available, however I think it's certainly worth the extra to get some decent food.

The only small criticism I have was the fact that we had to wait a while for our order, however everything was cooked to order & in the end it was well worth the wait.

• Visited January 2014