“Brilliant location, good apartment”

Oaks Seaforth Resort
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We've stayed at this apartment for New Year's and overall it was really quite good.

We got a 3 bedroom place for 7 people (the hotel provided an extra bed). It was overlooking the oceas, had a huge balcony, a really decent kitchen (everything that was needed was there).

There is a pub downstairs (no issues with the noise though), a BWS, a Thai restaurant and a convenience store amongst other little shops. Mooloolaba is only 3 minutes drive and the beach is literally a minute walk. (Traffic light wait included!) It was real value for money, particularly during such a peak time.

I shared with a friend of mine and we had two single beds. The beds were both ordinary and a bit on the old side and squeaky. And there were no fans in either of the extra bedrooms so we ended up having to go home and get a fan as it was really hot.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your stay at Oaks Seaforth. It is a very busy time of the year and the weather this summer has been excellent. We hope to see you again this year and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed a rainy week in July and so did not use any outdoor resort features. Desk staff were friendly; there was a delay in having a prepared room and so we were promptly double-up-graded to an ocean front to bedroom unit. We found the room to be clean and comfortable and the bed was great. We have been very happy with other Oaks properties. Surprised by the other reviews about cleanliness problems.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrisbaneExPat
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay here at Oaks Seaforth. The team here love receiving positive comments and we always share these in the team briefings along with any other feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back again soon hopefully.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Paid for a 2 bdm penthouse suite and received a 2 brm dump instead. As soon as you walked in the door, the smell of cigarettes. The master bedroom smelt worse than the living area. I had to sleep in one of the single beds with one of my children due to the pillows and room reaking of cigarettes in the master bedroom. The decor was old fashioned and filthy. The quilt cover on one of the single beds in the other room was torn. Hand marks were all over the glass top dining suite and side tables. The outdoor setting was filthy with food crumbs between the cracks. The glass panles, windows and tiles on the outdoor area were filthy. The carpets had not been cleaned to a high standard with dirt and crumbs visible. This is the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in. I telephoned the reception before checking out to voice my concerns about the cleanliness of the room. I did not want to complain in front of other guests. I tolerated it due to only staying for one night. Had we of stayed for more, I would of demanded another room. A fortnight later, there has been no apology in writing from management or a discount voucher to stay at another hotel. I will never stay at the Oaks again or any other resort associated with this company. My two children could of done a better job of cleaning the premises than those employed to do so ! One word, dump !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Alicia M
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for your feedback at Oaks Seaforth. It doesnt seem like an enjoyable stay this time at the resort. All our rooms are non smoking and it is disappointing when this happens, so I do apologise for this. Cleaning issues are always not acceptable, and this feedback will be passed onto the housekeeping department. There is beautiful apartments with great views and excellent facilities at the resort so I do hope you decide to revisit, and I certainly do appreciate the feedback to ensure we strive to acheive quality standards at all times.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I had stayed here previously a few years back and it was a fantastic place to stay. However things have obviously changed and the hotel has not been maintained at all over the last few years.

The apartment was very old with ripped carpet, the walls were dirty with fake tan marks throughout the bathrooms. We found on 3 separate occasions cockroaches in the bathrooms and living area. There was used soap left in the showers and the toilet was broken and kept flushing/running water all night.

I told the staff when checking out and all they could do was apologise and write down our unit number to fix for the next person.

I think the only positive about the apartment was the sheer size and the location/view over the water. I won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: A clean one if possible.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PADavie
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Oaks Seaforth. This is simply not good enough and apartments should never be presented in this manner. I have passed this onto the housekeeping department to ensure this is not happening at all. I do know the cockroach spray has recently occured in all the buildings and apartments and I do apologise for any inconvenience. Thank you once again for the feedback to ensure the overall guest experience is maintained in the future.

Merry Christmas

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Good clean basic accomadation, ocean views, close to all necessities and cheery helpful staff who couldnt do enough.Rooms were spotless, bedlinen crisp, walls did not have a mark or smudge the cleaning staff here are to be commended.Swimming pool cleanest i have encountered, no litter not even a cigarette butt insight.Overall ten out of ten!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank shaboohshoobah
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your stay at the resort. It seems like you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We have just recently renovated the lap pool and washed the lagoon pool throughout, so thank you for noticing this and I am very glad you had fun. I have passed the positive feedback onto the housekeeping staff and common area cleaners also as we have high expectations and I am glad on this occasion they have met these high standards.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I came here for our anniversary and had a lovely time. The location is perfect, just across from the beach (in between two flagged areas) and nice and quiet (non-peak). The room was clean and tidy and had everything we needed. There were all the facilities needed around (a supermarket, liquor store, bakery, fish and chip shop).
The pools were nice, although I can imagine that during peak time, they would be really busy as there are a lot of rooms.
The only issues we had were when we checked in. The gentleman at the desk was not very helpful and didn’t explain much about the resort or how to get around. The underground car park was tight and hard to manoeuvre around (spoke to one guy who ended up parking on the street).
Altogether a lovely holiday destination. I highly recommend making a visit to ‘salt ‘n’ battered’ the fish and chip shop and having gelato and a chat to the lovely husband and wife who own it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the resort. It is excellent to get such wonderful feedback about the excellent location across from the beach and the various shops along the front of the resort. This is certainly why some people choose this resort and return year on year.
I did note the lack of information given out at the time of arrival and will talk to the team to ensure this is more informative and thorough upon checkin.
We hope you choose to visit us again shortly.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had a week there recently & the apartment was lovely. It is a great location so close to the beach & the resort pools are beautiful. The only down side was that the pools were still too cold to swim in.
The apartment could do with more serving bowls etc.... We had a lot of BBQs as the bbq areas were great. This our 2nd stay & will go back again....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the resort. It is pleasing to get such positive comments and I certainly will pass this onto the team. I noted that you would like to see more serving bowls. We will always endeavour to source these where possible so just contact the front desk and we will happily assist. Unfortunately, the lap pool is only heated in the winter months, however, the spa pool is there for your enjoyment at all times.
We are looking forward to your next visit to Oaks Seaforth

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandra Headland
Oceans Mooloolaba
Oceans Mooloolaba
#3 of 16 in Mooloolaba
Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premier Resort
Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premie...
#2 of 7 in Alexandra Headland
Novotel Twin Waters Resort
Novotel Twin Waters Resort
#1 of 1 in Twin Waters

Been to Oaks Seaforth Resort? Share your experiences!