“Alex Surf Club restaurant”

Alexandra Headland Surf Club
Cuisines: Cafe, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Alex Surf Club is arguably the best seat on the beach. With great food and friendly service all in one incredible location on the Sunshine Coast. Grab a seat at the Lookout Bistro, The Beach Kiosk, The Lookout Bar or our new, modern Bluff Bar and Tapas and your taste buds will be rewarded! Our menus feature great family value meals cooked with some of the best locally grown and made produce on the Sunshine Coast.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This place had a makeover a few years ago and went from being "the local" to a "restaurant" with accompanying price hikes. In doing so their point of different from every other restaurant on the Sunshine Coast was lost which is a real shame. Menu prices are the same as any other restaurant BUT you have to line up to order which is a real bummer. Its also REALLY noisy if there is a crowd. For my money if I'm going to pay restaurant prices, I'm going to have table service in an atmosphere where you don't need a microphone to be heard.
Daytime view is great though......Nightime, don't bother.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Had lunch twice now at the Alex Surf Club. Both times excellent!! The roast pork with crackling, cauliflour & broccoli cheese, roast potatoes and 5 other vegies. Pile your plate with as many vegies as you like, everything hot, tasty and cooked to perfection. Great value too. The best roast lunch on the Sunshine Coast!! The staff are always warm and friendly too.

1  Thank BAK22
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Portions were big, prices were fair, and we enjoyed the meal. The dining room was quite large and busy therefore quite noisy but we still enjoyed our visit. Won a few dollars on the pokies too. Overall good night.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

This was within walking distance of where we stayed. Great atmosphere and the food is wonderful. So much on a plate and everything tasted so good. Would go back any time.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I do not recommend the food here at all, I'm not a snob and regularly eat at budget places, I was looking forward to eating regular at the surf club due to their prices, but was totally put off by my first meal that i could eat, even though I tried,that i couldn't bring myself to going back. The mash is packet mash was thick and claggy, the gravy was thick and congealed and reminded me of something that comes from your nose, sausages didn't taste like sausages and the veg was so water logged and rubbery. The kitchen staff had dirty presentation which questioned what the state of the kitchen was in, and with no disrespect I just wanted to vomit. We were very disappointed. On a positive note the view over the ocean from the eatery area ( cant call it a restaurant) was lovely.

3  Thank Maggiefrench2013